Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs wins this year « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

: September 02, 2010, 04:46:46 PM

I was looking at the Bucs schedule and I don't see them getting a win until week 7 against the Rams.  After that, maybe Detroit in week 15.  I know the schedule is supposed to be a lot easier this year, but I just don't see more than 2 or 3 wins on the schedule.

Sun. 9/12 CLEVELAND

Sun. 9/19 at Carolina

Sun. 9/26 PITTSBURGH

Sun. 10/3 Bye Week

Sun. 10/10 at Cincinnati

Sun. 10/17 NEW ORLEANS

Sun. 10/24 ST. LOUIS

Sun. 10/31 at Arizona

Sun. 11/7 at Atlanta

Sun. 11/14 CAROLINA

Sun. 11/21 at San Francisco

Sun. 11/28 at Baltimore

Sun. 12/5 ATLANTA

Sun. 12/12 at Washington

Sun. 12/19 DETROIT

Sun. 12/26 SEATTLE

Sun. 1/2 at New Orleans

#1 : September 02, 2010, 04:50:11 PM

Really?

Winnable games:

Cleveland at home
Steelers without Ben
St. Louis at home
At Arizona
Carolina at home
At San Fran
Detroit at home
Seattle at home

Obviously, anything can happen on any given Sunday. But those are very winnable games for us. We are capable of winning other games too, but they're much more difficult.

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

#2 : September 02, 2010, 04:57:54 PM

Ok Peter King. Get off pr.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 02, 2010, 04:58:02 PM

Of course you don't, you're a moron.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 02, 2010, 05:16:53 PM

Really?

Winnable games:

Cleveland at home
Steelers without Ben
St. Louis at home
At Arizona
Carolina at home
At San Fran
Detroit at home
Seattle at home

Obviously, anything can happen on any given Sunday. But those are very winnable games for us. We are capable of winning other games too, but they're much more difficult.

I'd put Washington on that list as well.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 02, 2010, 05:17:57 PM

I'd take San Fran off

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 02, 2010, 05:19:35 PM

I'd take San Fran off

I'm not sure I'd favor us, but with Alex Smith at QB it's certainly winnable.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 02, 2010, 05:21:14 PM

Until you consider our record in SF anyway.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

#8 : September 02, 2010, 05:25:44 PM

I'd take San Fran off

My feelings exactly. They went 8-8 in a division where they play the Seahawks and Rams twice.

The teams San Fran beat last year: Arizona(x2), Seattle (only once), Rams (2x), Chicago, Jags, Detroit.

49ers are overrated.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 02, 2010, 05:59:02 PM

I'd take San Fran off

My feelings exactly. They went 8-8 in a division where they play the Seahawks and Rams twice.

The teams San Fran beat last year: Arizona(x2), Seattle (only once), Rams (2x), Chicago, Jags, Detroit.

49ers are overrated.

I think any "overratedness" is completely offset by the fact that the Bucs have to travel to the West Coast which is something the team has not done well over the years.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

#10 : September 02, 2010, 06:08:57 PM

We won @Seattle last year.

Before that we haven't played a game on the West Coast since 2007 when we lost 21-19 to the 49ers in a game where Jeff Garcia threw the ball 20 times and Luke Mccown threw 32 times.

"Shaun Hill passed for 123 yards and three touchdowns to remain unbeaten as an NFL starter, and Michael Clayton landed out of bounds with his catch on a 2-point conversion attempt with 1:20 left in San Francisco's 21-19 victory over Tampa Bay's reserves Sunday.
The Buccaneers (9-6) already are headed to the playoffs as the NFC's No. 4 seed, so Tampa Bay treated the day as a glorified exhibition, removing nearly every key player in the second half."

I think that argument is slightly irrelevant considering the changes in roster and staff since that game.

AcuraT

Starter

#11 : September 02, 2010, 07:18:14 PM

Really?

Winnable games:

Cleveland at home
Steelers without Ben
St. Louis at home
At Arizona
Carolina at home
At San Fran
Detroit at home
Seattle at home

I agree with some of this.  Others are more of a long shot due to the Bucs history on the west coast - this includes with Dungy and Gruden, who rarely won on that coast as well.

Winnable games:

Cleveland at home - I agree, they better win this one!
Steelers without Ben - Not as easy, as Pittsburgh is a good team, but definately winable
St. Louis at home - - again, I agree, should be winable
Detroit at home - Despite Detroit's upgrades, I think the Bucs still have a decent chance here
Seattle at home - Bucs have a good chance here

However, these games are more problematic:
At Arizona - they don't have Kurt Warner, but this is still a good team - and this is in Arizona, near the west coast where the Bucs just never do all that well
Carolina at home - Jack D. is no longer the QB, so that hurts the Bucs.  It depends on how their coach has done this offseason.  Could be winable, but it depends more on all the changes Carolina has made-  and if the Bucs have made better decisions.
At San Fran - Again, a west coast team where the Bucs do poorly.  Should be winable, but the west coast thing still bothers this team for some reason.

Then again, when I estimated 4.5 games - those were the five games I thought they had a decent chance of winning.  Any others will be a pleasant surprise. 

By the way, when I say "West Coast " that is a little inaccurate.  I go by the Mountain Time Zone more than the west coast, because the Bucs have been rotten in that time zone.
Here is the Bucs stats from Morris, Gruden, and Dungy - little of it any good at all:
2009 - Bucs win in Seattle, 24-7 (a win, finally)
2008 - Bucs lose in Denver 16-13 (Denver was 8-8, Bucs were 7-9)
2007 - Bucs lose in Seattle 20-6  (Seattle was 10-6)
2007 - Bucs lose to the 49ers 21-19 (49ers were 5-11, Bucs were a "superior" 9-7 making the playoffs)
2006 - no games in the mountain time zone
2005 - Bucs lose to the 49ers 15-10 (Bucs were 11-5 made the playoffs, 49ers were a rotten 4-12)
2004 - Bucs lose to Oakland 30-20 (both Oakland and tampa finshed 5-11)
2004 - Bucs lose to San Diego 31-24 (San Diego was 12-4)
2003 - Bucs lose to San Francisco 24-7 (both teams were 7-9)
2002 - Bucs win Super Bowl, did not play in Mountain time zone that year
2001 - Bucs did not play in Mountain time zone, Dungy's last year
2000 - Bucs did not play in Moutain time zone
1999 - Bucs beat Seattle 16-3 (Seattle was 9-7)
1999 - Bucs lose to Oakland in Dungy's worst loss 45-0 (Bucs were a "superior" 11-5, Oakland was 8-8)
1998 - Bucs did not play in the mountain time zone
1997 - Bucs did not play in the mountain time zone
1996 - Bucs lose to Denver 23-17 (Bucs were 6-10, Denver 13-3)
1996 - Bucs lose to Arizona 13-9 (Arizona was 7-9)
1996 - Bucs beat San Diego 25-17 (SD was 8-8)

This is a record of 3-10 under Gruden, Dungy, and Morris. Two of three wins are against Seattle,  and the earliest was against a decent San Diego team.  The Bucs have lost to a under .500 49er team multiple times. I know the past does not predict the future, but gosh, the Bucs have stunk up the west coast for decades - I can go back further and it just gets worse.  All I am trying to say is - don't count on a win in the western time zone - no Buc coach has been all that successful there, not even Dungy or Gruden.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 02, 2010, 07:58:56 PM

If the crappy team that we fielded last season could beat the eventual Super Bowl Champion Saints and Green Bay, who went undefeated the remainder of the season after the Bucs loss, then I would argue that ALL of our games this season are "winnable games". You never know until you play them. Speculating otherwise is just ignorant.

#13 : September 02, 2010, 09:08:00 PM

All those games you list as winnable are games the opponent sees as winnable versus the Bucs too.  Sure they might upset a team or two, like the Saints, who have trouble getting up for crappy teams like the Bucs, but you can count on a few loses due to the inexperienced coaching staff and players too. 

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#14 : September 02, 2010, 09:56:54 PM

Fail

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs wins this year « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools