Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs wins this year « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

BP1

Pro Bowler

#15 : September 02, 2010, 10:54:22 PM

I was looking at the Bucs schedule and I don't see them getting a win until week 7 against the Rams. After that, maybe Detroit in week 15. I know the schedule is supposed to be a lot easier this year, but I just don't see more than 2 or 3 wins on the schedule.

Well then we will see you back here on week 8. No point in you wasting time watching games prior to that. How can you even begin to know how this team is going to look without a complete game being played with the starters?

X Factor

Starter
#16 : September 02, 2010, 10:58:22 PM

This thread screams Troll alert...

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

MartyBaller

Practice Squad

#17 : September 02, 2010, 11:37:31 PM

Bucs go between 8-8 and 10-6

Stratobuc

Starter
#18 : September 02, 2010, 11:56:38 PM

4 or 5

MartyBaller

Practice Squad

#19 : September 03, 2010, 12:17:13 AM

4 or 5

Hard to believe since were gonna start the season 3-1

Stratobuc

Starter
#20 : September 03, 2010, 12:36:06 AM

Thanks....

AcuraT

Starter

#21 : September 03, 2010, 12:52:26 PM

If the crappy team that we fielded last season could beat the eventual Super Bowl Champion Saints and Green Bay, who went undefeated the remainder of the season after the Bucs loss, then I would argue that ALL of our games this season are "winnable games". You never know until you play them. Speculating otherwise is just ignorant.

I don't disagree - all games are winnable since that is why you play them.  However the odds for winning them is not all that great, especially if the team proves inferior to Cleveland.  If the Bucs are healthy and are soundly beaten by Cleveland (and that is unlikely in itself), I would say it does not bode well for 2010.  The good thing is, the schedule does not waste time and givethe Bucs a fellow bottom-feeder right off the bat - giving fans a good idea if there are signs of improvement early on.

#22 : September 03, 2010, 12:57:42 PM

I was listening to Colin Cowherd today and he was talking about the Steelers wins/losses without Roethlisberger.  When it came to the game against the Bucs, he said win for the Steelers even without Roethlisberger.  He went on to say the Bucs and the Browns are probably the two worst teams in the NFL. 

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 03, 2010, 01:01:28 PM

I was listening to Colin Cowherd today and he was talking about the Steelers wins/losses without Roethlisberger.  When it came to the game against the Bucs, he said win for the Steelers even without Roethlisberger.  He went on to say the Bucs and the Browns are probably the two worst teams in the NFL. 
Cowherd is truly one of the biggest idiots in sports... so don't take that opinion with much weight.

I can't wait for the Bucs to start making fools of these analysts.

#24 : September 03, 2010, 01:07:54 PM

I was listening to Colin Cowherd today and he was talking about the Steelers wins/losses without Roethlisberger. When it came to the game against the Bucs, he said win for the Steelers even without Roethlisberger. He went on to say the Bucs and the Browns are probably the two worst teams in the NFL.
Cowherd is truly one of the biggest idiots in sports... so don't take that opinion with much weight.

Well you might think he is an idiot, but he's just stating his opinion which is what he is paid to do.  And is it that crazy to say that a 3-13 team from last year will again be one of the worst this year?  I mean, it does not seem like they improved the roster much over last year.  Maybe if all the rookies turn out to be great, but how often does that happen? 

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 03, 2010, 01:24:15 PM

I was listening to Colin Cowherd today and he was talking about the Steelers wins/losses without Roethlisberger. When it came to the game against the Bucs, he said win for the Steelers even without Roethlisberger. He went on to say the Bucs and the Browns are probably the two worst teams in the NFL.

Well you might think he is an idiot, but he's just stating his opinion which is what he is paid to do.  And is it that crazy to say that a 3-13 team from last year will again be one of the worst this year?  I mean, it does not seem like they improved the roster much over last year.  Maybe if all the rookies turn out to be great, but how often does that happen? 
Are you blind?

What do you mean the didn't improve the roster much?

Let's go down the list of the areas we drafted-

Defensive line- IMMEDIATE improvement over Sims and Hovan... You cannot argue that for one second.

WR's- Again... Improvement. The addition of Williams who will be a star almost right off the bat, and Benn who showed flashes last night, coupled with the maturation of Stroughter... Improved EASILY

The rest of the ST guys we picked up that could possibly contribute on defense (Watson, Grimm, etc) Improvement to depth.

Sabby no longer starts because of another addition to the roster, Sean Jones. Improvement.

Keydrick Vincent takes over the starting role of LG in place of Zuttah... again.. immediate improvement.

SO... tell me- how did we not improve the roster? If you truly believe that, then I suggest you take up another sport, because it's obvious football isn't your thing.

Although, you are the one that said you see us winning 2 games.. so maybe I just wasted my time with that post.

#26 : September 03, 2010, 01:37:30 PM

The majority of your roster 'improvements' are drafted rookies.  How do you know they will be an improvement?  They have never played a real down of football in the NFL.  I do agree 100% that Sean Jones is a huge improvement over Sabby.  The problem will be if Jones is making a lot of tackles after the opponents running back has already run thru the defense.  And Keydrick Vincent?  Come on, he's a journeyman.  I think the Bucs are his 6th team who Carolina did not want anymore.     

bucsfan76

Practice Squad
#27 : September 03, 2010, 01:48:19 PM

3-4 would be the least I would say.  6-7 would be the most.  So i'm gonna guess 5.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 03, 2010, 02:59:27 PM

what an excellent explanation of how the schedule will play out. Your an english major....i can tell. Also, when you meet up with your buddy Nostrodamus, tell him I said hi, and thats for predicting the whole end of the world thing. Be sure to tell chicken little whats up as well.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

#29 : September 03, 2010, 03:05:29 PM

what an excellent explanation of how the schedule will play out. Your an english major....i can tell. Also, when you meet up with your buddy Nostrodamus, tell him I said hi, and thats for predicting the whole end of the world thing. Be sure to tell chicken little whats up as well.

I can tell YOU ARE an english major not YOUR.   
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs wins this year « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools