Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Let's "get r done" & sign Grant!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

psymun

Starter
#15 : March 16, 2007, 05:14:59 PM

I don't like it... If Willis McGahee was traded for a 3rd, a 7th and next year's 3rd... I wouldn't give up anything more than a 4th and a 5-7 next year for a 2nd tier DE

Willis McGahee wasn't franchised. The Saints will not be giving up Grant for 3rd round picks.

So being franchised increases a players value? I think not. Behind a porous offensive line, for the 3 years McGahee has gained over 1,000 yards in 2 of them and was 10 yards shy the third year... and there are people that want to give up more for an above average DE? COME ON!

Furthermore, why would you want to give up first day draft picks to a division rival?

I'm not saying that the Saints would want less than a 3rd, but if the Bucs want 5-6 sacks a season then use the draft pick on a DE...

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 16, 2007, 05:15:06 PM

If I were the Saints I wouldn't want Grant back. He's out getting interviewed by a hated rival. If he were a Buc, I'd make him walk the plank, arrgh!

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

bucs1

Practice Squad
#17 : March 16, 2007, 05:25:08 PM

I just doesn't seem like Grant is worth that much.

How much are you referring to?

Two first round picks.

gone

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 16, 2007, 06:09:03 PM

I just doesn't seem like Grant is worth that much.

How much are you referring to?

Two first round picks.

No way that happens, just get it outta yer head.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 16, 2007, 06:41:15 PM

I don't like it... If Willis McGahee was traded for a 3rd, a 7th and next year's 3rd... I wouldn't give up anything more than a 4th and a 5-7 next year for a 2nd tier DE

Willis McGahee wasn't franchised. The Saints will not be giving up Grant for 3rd round picks.

So being franchised increases a players value? I think not. Behind a porous offensive line, for the 3 years McGahee has gained over 1,000 yards in 2 of them and was 10 yards shy the third year... and there are people that want to give up more for an above average DE? COME ON!

Furthermore, why would you want to give up first day draft picks to a division rival?

I'm not saying that the Saints would want less than a 3rd, but if the Bucs want 5-6 sacks a season then use the draft pick on a DE...

To a certain degree yes it does increase his value. If for no other reason it is a statement of intent of the team emphasizing how much value they place on him.

#20 : March 16, 2007, 07:59:58 PM

If they agree on Simeon Rice and one of our 2nd rounders this year I'd say................GO FOR IT!!

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 16, 2007, 08:03:26 PM

If they agree on Simeon Rice and one of our 2nd rounders this year I'd say................GO FOR IT!!
no way.. We would need a speed rusher,not just run stuffer,we lose our best pass rusher(off the edge) and gain another run stuffer..

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 16, 2007, 08:05:48 PM

I say be patient like Bruce is.  The longer the Grant thing drags on One of two things happen:  The Saints take off the franchise tag and deal with us or Next season we get Grant.

#23 : March 16, 2007, 08:06:18 PM

Simeon is basically taking up space at this point, and there's no way you find a really good lineman in the second round of the draft.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 16, 2007, 08:18:55 PM

I hope we keep Simeon this year and Franchise him next year.  That would be my perfect solution with Simeon.

Then we have this offseason, next offseason, and then another offseason to find his replacement.

He isn't done, Simeon is still probably one of the top 20 best athletes in the NFL, IMO

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 16, 2007, 08:22:56 PM

I would be all about franchising him next year.  IF he produces like he generally does this season.  Which means around 14 sacks, and generating consistent pressure...

I am quite sure the BUcs will not let him go this year, given the nature of the D-line as of lately.  He is really the only guy capable of making the opposing QBs nervous, and that is importnat to you and me, as fans.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 16, 2007, 08:24:35 PM

If the Bucs acquire Grant I think Rice is gone.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 16, 2007, 08:28:54 PM

Good read on strategies at play...... ;D

BUCS BRINGING IN GRANT

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are bringing in Saints defensive end Charles Grant for a visit.

The significance?  Grant carries the Saints' franchise tag.

By rule, Grant may sign an offer sheet with any other team.  If the Saints should opt not to match, they would receive two first-round picks as compensation.

Such an outcome is highly unlikely, since the Bucs hold the fourth overall pick.  And trading down before signing Grant isn't an option; the Bucs must give up their own first-rounder, not someone else's.

The more likely outcome is that, if the Bucs decide to make a play for Grant, Tampa and New Orleans will work out a trade.  And with the Bucs potentially going for broke in 2007 under coach Jon Gruden and G.M. Bruce Allen, both of whom might be gone by next year, we wouldn't rule out a package including the Bucs' third-round pick in 2007 and a conditional pick in 2008.

From PFT

sma2680

Practice Squad

#28 : March 16, 2007, 08:41:41 PM

Initially I thought a trade that didn't involve the franchise compensation (2 #1s) would violate the CBA, but this is what the Rams and Titans did when they traded Kevin Carter.  That deal involved a 1st rounder that the Rams used on Archuleta.  It was a low 1st rounder, so perhaps Grant could be had for one of our second rounders...

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 16, 2007, 09:06:53 PM

Hopefully we will make a nice big splash in the free agency market this year for a change,
Yeah but Grant isn't a free agent.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Let's "get r done" & sign Grant!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools