Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Let's "get r done" & sign Grant!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#30 : March 16, 2007, 09:35:33 PM

2 1st rounders is waay too much.  And who says NO trades within their division?

spartan

Hall of Famer
#31 : March 16, 2007, 09:36:02 PM

so perhaps Grant could be had for one of our second rounders...

Yea right ... I don't mean to be disrespectful but come on ....

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 16, 2007, 09:45:11 PM

They wouldn't trade Grant to the Bucs for basically the same price as other teams around the league would be willing to give. The Bucs would have to pony up significantly more than a 2nd round pick.

sma2680

Practice Squad

#33 : March 16, 2007, 11:01:56 PM

so perhaps Grant could be had for one of our second rounders...

Yea right ... I don't mean to be disrespectful but come on ....

Well when Kevin Carter was traded to the Titans in 2001 despite having the franchise tag, he was traded for the Titans first round pick that year (#20), which the Rams used to draft Adam Archuleta.  Carter in the three years before being traded had 12, 17, and 10.5 sacks.  In his career up until then his lowest total was 6.   Grant has never posted higher than 10.5 sacks and only had 6 last year.  Carter was a better player at the time he was traded than Grant is now, although Grant is still a good player.  That being said, I don't think it is so unlikely that he could be traded for our first pick in the second round.  Grant because he was franchised will have a cap number of 8.6 mil for the Saints this year...

PoorRichard

Starter

#34 : March 17, 2007, 01:33:41 AM

I don't like it... If Willis McGahee was traded for a 3rd, a 7th and next year's 3rd... I wouldn't give up anything more than a 4th and a 5-7 next year for a 2nd tier DE

Grant is a top 5 DE. Not to mention that DEs are far more valuable then the easily expendable RBs.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#35 : March 17, 2007, 01:46:33 AM

Grant is a good DE. With that being said, he is not a franchise type player and he doesn't deserve franchise type money or compensation. I like the Bucs bringing him in. If he signs a one year deal, he knows the Bucs and we can get him for nothing next year. Also, we might be able to work out a lesser trade. If not, I would not be willing to trade for him if even one of our 1st round picks is involved over the next couple years. Also, I wouldn't want to give up any second rounders either...maybe the latter at most, but even that is almost too much. I say we live with Rice and see what happens next offseason.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

LA BUC

Starter

#36 : March 17, 2007, 01:47:19 AM

Just let the Saints pay the top dollar I bet they don't want to. They want picks- Buc picks.Haha

captaindabblin

Second String

#37 : March 17, 2007, 10:32:21 AM

He's not an edge/speed rusher a-la Simeon or Freeney, but is one of the top all-round DE's around. Can pass-rush or stuff the run. Gives us fits!

#38 : March 17, 2007, 11:08:37 AM

No but really

"Get are done" ???

#39 : March 17, 2007, 11:09:17 AM

Chrispy, you idiot...it's "Git r done"

#40 : March 17, 2007, 11:10:45 AM

Oh, heck even get'er done would've worked, speaking of which how in the hell is that cable guy famous? He and Dane Cook blow IMO.

#41 : March 17, 2007, 11:12:12 AM

Oh, heck even get'er done would've worked, speaking of which how in the hell is that cable guy famous? He and Dane Cook blow IMO.
Agreed.

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#42 : March 17, 2007, 11:25:47 AM

Giving up alot IMO would be the 2 #1's.  If Grant becomes a Buc it will not be for the franchise compensation.  They two teams would have had to work out a different trade.  If the Saints stand firm on the franchise compensation, Grant is a Saint in 2007 and the Bucs and Grant have a nice feel for each other come next off season.

With ya marley

#43 : March 17, 2007, 11:33:21 AM

Both are mispelled sayings so ohhhhh - ok, my bad I guess.  ::) :-

#44 : March 17, 2007, 11:38:33 AM

Both are mispelled sayings so ohhhhh - ok, my bad I guess.  ::) :-
I don't watch that gay show and even I know it...how stupid are you exactly?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Let's "get r done" & sign Grant!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools