Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Football is Here! Game day thread-Who looks good/disappointing... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

JC510

Practice Squad

#15 : September 04, 2010, 05:06:30 PM

Notre Dame looks good. I think Brian Kelly is going to be tremendously successful there. 

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#16 : September 04, 2010, 06:30:35 PM

Oregon is wiping out New Mexico... ohh and MU's DL Aldon Smith a stud.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 04, 2010, 06:52:32 PM

Ole Miss on OT against Jax State?  Yowza...

PS, seen on Gameday:  Masoli for HeisTman

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 04, 2010, 07:13:42 PM

Ole Miss on OT against Jax State? Yowza...

PS, seen on Gameday: Masoli for HeisTman

Holy hell, what an ending. Awesome. 

www.Atlbucs.com

#19 : September 04, 2010, 09:29:39 PM

LOL @ Ole Miss losing to Jax St.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 04, 2010, 09:41:10 PM

Patrick Peterson looks like the best player in the country in his first half.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#21 : September 04, 2010, 10:36:04 PM

lol at Kansas losing AT home to North Dakota State.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 04, 2010, 10:56:22 PM

lol at Kansas losing AT home to North Dakota State.

Offensive powerhouses, those two.

www.Atlbucs.com

#23 : September 04, 2010, 11:52:46 PM

LOL at:

LSU only up by 6 on a NC team with half their players suspended.
Oregon with the basketball score
UCLA losing to Freeman and SR's alma mater-
Ok squeaking by Utah State
Kansas v N.Dakota St. with the baseball score
UGa putting up 55 without AJ Green

#24 : September 05, 2010, 09:43:04 AM

as much of a homer I am for FSU, the fact that they gave-up 300 yard of offense to Samford deserves some serious scrutiny.  They might not be dead last in defense this year, but FSU is not going to win the big ballgames until the defense tightens-up.  Next week at OK is going to be a really good game.

I'm not worried about UF...first game of the season is always dangerous and tricky as you figure out who can really ball when the bullets are real.  They'll bounce back and pound someone good next game I imagine (who are they playing next?).

#25 : September 05, 2010, 11:10:00 AM

as much of a homer I am for FSU, the fact that they gave-up 300 yard of offense to Samford deserves some serious scrutiny.  They might not be dead last in defense this year, but FSU is not going to win the big ballgames until the defense tightens-up.  Next week at OK is going to be a really good game.

Yes, but it looks like Ponder is the real deal and he has some weapons to use on O. They have talent on the D, it's just young. They need to get better at sticking to assignments and not free lancing so much.

I'm not worried about UF...first game of the season is always dangerous and tricky as you figure out who can really ball when the bullets are real.  They'll bounce back and pound someone good next game I imagine (who are they playing next?).

Next up is USF. Neither of these first 2 games are pansies. Miami (Oh) is really underrated and their D was unexpectedly fast.  Florida's problem is fixable. There were 14-15 really bad center snaps out of the shotgun. Most were when Pouncy was trying to snap then pull and he was attempting his lateral move before he finished snapping. Either stop pulling the center or get him to completely snap the ball before making any move.

Also the OC needs to take more advantage of a crop of young, fast, WRs by going down field more. Brantley is an accurate 3-step drop QB with a decent arm who can find and hit those speedy guys down field. More down field strikes would open up the running game too.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#26 : September 05, 2010, 11:38:30 PM

IMO, Ponder will be an early round QB prospect this year, possibly even early to mid 1st.

I've always liked him, he just needed seasoning. Hopefully he has learned enough now to become the QB he can be.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#27 : September 06, 2010, 06:55:37 AM

I think its safe to say ...

after one game?  those sound like some famous last words.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#28 : September 06, 2010, 10:39:09 AM

Hopefully tonight Virginia Tech can do what Oregon couldn't do last year.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 06, 2010, 10:50:29 AM

Hopefully tonight Virginia Tech can do what Oregon couldn't do last year.

No way, the more Boise wins the more the BCS looks faulty. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Football is Here! Game day thread-Who looks good/disappointing... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools