Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Football is Here! Game day thread-Who looks good/disappointing... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#60 : November 18, 2010, 11:53:16 AM

JG?'s been around.  The quote of his I used still has his name, avatar, and sig on it.  Maybe the new/old board has something to do with it.

And I agree about Wisconsin, Tiger.  Nasty running game.  Although I'm still not impressed with the Big 10 as a whole.  Too much mediocrity IMO.

I don't know if it speaks of mediocrity, as much as it speaks of parity....bowl schedule should flesh that out.

You could be right.  But taking a look at their top 3 team's SOS's, and it isn't pretty:

1. Michigan State - 63   
2. Ohio State - 85
3. Wisconsin - 83

That compares to Boise State (82) and TCU (69), and doesn't look good on the Big 11.  I'm always interested to see how the Bowls play out when talking about conferences.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#61 : November 18, 2010, 02:39:37 PM

JG?'s been around.  The quote of his I used still has his name, avatar, and sig on it.  Maybe the new/old board has something to do with it.

And I agree about Wisconsin, Tiger.  Nasty running game.  Although I'm still not impressed with the Big 10 as a whole.  Too much mediocrity IMO.

I don't know if it speaks of mediocrity, as much as it speaks of parity....bowl schedule should flesh that out.

You could be right.  But taking a look at their top 3 team's SOS's, and it isn't pretty:

1. Michigan State - 63   
2. Ohio State - 85
3. Wisconsin - 83

That compares to Boise State (82) and TCU (69), and doesn't look good on the Big 11.  I'm always interested to see how the Bowls play out when talking about conferences.

Bowl selection committee's really like teams that travel well - no fanbase travels better than the Buckeyes...so as long as OSU wins more than it loses - it will be in a major bowl.

Lately teams like Iowa and Wisconsin have proven to travel well - Sparty...well...we're not real sure about Sparty yet.

On the years when Northwestern does well - the purple travel well too.

Penn State - still hard for me to accept that they're part of the Big Ten - usually travels pretty well.

Of those - Wisconsin is proving to be the best on the field, this week's showdown between OSU vs Iowa will determine next strongest, and Northwestern is flying under the radar (again).

Incomparable sig by Incognito

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#62 : November 18, 2010, 05:27:32 PM

Bowl selection committee's really like teams that travel well - no fanbase travels better than the Buckeyes...so as long as OSU wins more than it loses - it will be in a major bowl.

Lately teams like Iowa and Wisconsin have proven to travel well - Sparty...well...we're not real sure about Sparty yet.

On the years when Northwestern does well - the purple travel well too.

Penn State - still hard for me to accept that they're part of the Big Ten - usually travels pretty well.

Of those - Wisconsin is proving to be the best on the field, this week's showdown between OSU vs Iowa will determine next strongest, and Northwestern is flying under the radar (again).

I have my doubts about that article. The arguments they make about ND (many fans outside their home state that don't actually ''travel" but live near the game) could also be made about OSU and Big Blue. I guess it depends on where the bowl game is. If it is AZ or CA, then the fans are traveling, but there are a ton of OSU (and Mich) fans/alum in Florida and Fl hosts a bunch of bowl games. Now when it comes to Florida bowl games Wisconsin travels really really well. Illinois, not so well.

Also, OSU, UM, PSU and a few other BIG schools (UF, Tex, UCLA) sell more tickets because the schools are so massive they just have more alumni out there. OSU graduates more students in a year than NW has students.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#63 : November 20, 2010, 08:04:59 PM

Well, this week in CFB can be summed up with one word- **yawn**

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#64 : November 21, 2010, 02:17:58 AM

Yeah, I liked the tumultuous weeks much better, as well.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#65 : November 23, 2010, 05:05:49 AM

Big game this Saturday. Ole Blue comes to town. Gonna have to throttle them again.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#66 : November 23, 2010, 12:50:46 PM

LSU fans got a bit of a scare, though

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#67 : November 23, 2010, 03:05:03 PM

My brother's heading to the game this year without me - they're looking forward to seeing shoelace learn to spell his name with yet another "L" - I hear that class is taught in Ann Arbor by some professor named LLLLLLoyd.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Football is Here! Game day thread-Who looks good/disappointing... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools