Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who would you take? Bucs War room! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#15 : March 16, 2007, 07:51:41 PM

Staley
Johnson
Kalil
Meachem
Olsen

Yeah, the guys I'm doing this mock aren't as knowledgeable about some of the better prospects as we are, that 's why Johnson was still there. I'm betting I can get Staley at the end of the second round!

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#16 : March 16, 2007, 07:52:57 PM

Cerious,draft Aaron Rouse with the next pick

Rouse was already gone, surprisingly in the first round! Weddle and Wendling are still there though.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 16, 2007, 07:54:19 PM

First round,haha.. Take Weddle at 64 then go with an Outside Linebacker in the 3rd round...

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 16, 2007, 08:07:17 PM

You know who is truelly under the radar? Lorenzo Booker from FSU. The guy ran the second fastest 40 at the combine and he played for 4 years at FSU. He hasn't been injured or a headcase. I think this guy would be a great KR and he can catch the ball out of the backfield. He went to the same H.S. as Warrick Dunn and broke Dunn's and alot of Luisiana's H.S. records. I think he's a nice, cheap, future compliment to Caddy. He'll go in the second day. For mainly his return skills and speed I say snag him if we can. I believe he ran a 4.31 40. If anyone has seen him play, you already know he has great moves and hands. Downside would be he's only 193lbs and plays like it unfortunetly. But he runs hard and never had a fumble problem at FSU. I like the guy in the 5th round, anyone else?

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 16, 2007, 08:09:57 PM

You know who is truelly under the radar? Lorenzo Booker from FSU. The guy ran the second fastest 40 at the combine and he played for 4 years at FSU. He hasn't been injured or a headcase. I think this guy would be a great KR and he can catch the ball out of the backfield. He went to the same H.S. as Warrick Dunn and broke Dunn's and alot of Luisiana's H.S. records. I think he's a nice, cheap, future compliment to Caddy. He'll go in the second day. For mainly his return skills and speed I say snag him if we can. I believe he ran a 4.31 40. If anyone has seen him play, you already know he has great moves and hands. Downside would be he's only 193lbs and plays like it unfortunetly. But he runs hard and never had a fumble problem at FSU. I like the guy in the 5th round, anyone else?
He'll be gone before the 5th....probably long gone.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 16, 2007, 08:10:27 PM

Staley
Johnson
Kalil
Meachem
Olsen

Yeah, the guys I'm doing this mock aren't as knowledgeable about some of the better prospects as we are, that 's why Johnson was still there. I'm betting I can get Staley at the end of the second round!

o.O

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 16, 2007, 08:11:21 PM

You think he has that much potential? What about we get him in the 4th?

devasher

Starter
#22 : March 16, 2007, 10:00:21 PM

Egads man....there a few problems with that post...well....many.

One, Booker is likely to go in the 2nd round of the draft, he could possibly "drop" to the 3rd round, so if you want the Bucs to go after him, your talking about the Bucs taking him no lower than the last pick of the 2nd round (and Bruce and Co. have enough needs to address before they did that IMO).

Two, after FSU's bowl game, the senior bowl, the combine performance, and the fact that Leon Washington had a very good rookie season despite putting up mediocre numbers behind the same awful o-line at FSU, Booker's stock is PRETTY HIGH right now given his lack of elite production at the college level. He was one of the highest regarded recruits to ever sign at FSU, and was the first HS player make his college choice on national TV.

Three, Booker is from Ventura California, he went to HS in...California. The person you are thinking of is Travis Minor who's been with the Dolphins for 7 or so years until just recently.

Four, Booker never ran a 4.3, to my knowledge he ran in the 4.4's at the combine, and chose not to run the 40 at FSU's pro day.

Five, Booker had a total of two kickoff returns in his 4 year career at FSU...I'm not going to say he won't be making that a calling card of his at the pro level...but it's not likely.

But other than that...your spot on!  ;)

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 16, 2007, 10:14:57 PM

1. Yea your right it was Travis Minor
2. Show me some mocks that have Booker going the first day
3. Thus I don't think his stock is high at all
4. He didn't KR much because they have to get freshmans and soph's some playtime
5. I thought I saw a 4.3 40 time while I was watching the combine, but I guess I'm wrong.
6. Good Reply Post

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 16, 2007, 10:18:56 PM

True but I would not mind if the Bucs pickup Merriweather.

Same here brother.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#25 : March 16, 2007, 11:00:25 PM

Thanks for the help guys. This is a slow moving Mock, in the first round each GM had 25 hours to make their pick, rounds 3-7 have a 16 hour time limit. It's something we do anually over at Madden Planet to pass the time until the draft. It'll be a feww days before we get to the 64th pick no doubt, so stay tuned.

Right now my targets for the end of the second are:

Joe Staley
Eric Weddle
John Beason

3rd Round:

Marcus Thomas
Satelee
Booker
Antonio Pittman

I'll check back with you guys on this soon.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#26 : March 16, 2007, 11:03:13 PM

Based on that list, the picks are easy.  Staley and Marcus, no doubt.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#27 : March 16, 2007, 11:07:49 PM

Yeah I know, but those are the targets, let's see if they're there first. The Mock moves slow on purpose, so the landscape of this draft may look different in a few days. We'll see.

BTW, the pick by the Browns GM was Robert Meachem...see I told you some of these guys are just picking the sexiest pick. I would've though Cleveland would have went OL and Kalil with that pick.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#28 : March 16, 2007, 11:08:51 PM

Yea, it sounds to me like these guys aren't picking for the needs of the team, or the way the actual draft would go.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#29 : March 16, 2007, 11:14:32 PM

Some of them are good guys who know the needs of their team, some on the other hand are the typical uber fan who just wants the sexiest pick. They're all great posters though so it's cool with me.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who would you take? Bucs War room! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools