Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who would you take? Bucs War room! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#30 : March 16, 2007, 11:20:03 PM

cj and jt willbe gone the 1st 2 picks and the browns will have the 2 qbs an d ap to pick from.....hoping we have someone left that we can trade down for.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#31 : March 17, 2007, 01:11:37 AM

I would go with Staley or Kalil if those were the choices

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 17, 2007, 09:51:18 AM

Take Jon Beason at 64, and take Staley at 68.
Don't take Thomas yet

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 17, 2007, 07:26:32 PM

While Joe Thomas might be the best LT in this draft. If Joe Thomas went into last years draft he might have been the fourth LT taken. Joe Thomas is a good LT but not a franchise LT he lacks strength and good size. I Like LT as a number 1 pick it is a safe pick. However CJ is just to muchof a rare comodity that you have to take that risk

#34 : March 17, 2007, 07:28:18 PM

While Joe Thomas might be the best LT in this draft. If Joe Thomas went into last years draft he might have been the fourth LT taken. Joe Thomas is a good LT but not a franchise LT he lacks strength and good size. I Like LT as a number 1 pick it is a safe pick. However CJ is just to muchof a rare comodity that you have to take that risk

CLUELESS !!!

JT was rated above Ferguson.   ;)

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 17, 2007, 07:31:44 PM

CLUELESS !!!

JT was rated above Ferguson.   ;)

Most of the things I saw said he was just under Ferguson... Big difference between close 2nd and 4th though.

#36 : March 20, 2007, 02:49:06 AM

CLUELESS !!!

JT was rated above Ferguson. ;)

Most of the things I saw said he was just under Ferguson... Big difference between close 2nd and 4th though.

"Thomas is a better all-around prospect than D'Brickashaw Ferguson was a year ago and teaming him with Steinbach will form a formidable left side."

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#37 : March 29, 2007, 11:59:05 AM

Just to update from the MP Mock Draft.

Our first two pick were:

1. Calvin Johnson
2a. Charles Johnson

With the 64th pick I was faced with some 1st/2nd round talent left on the board. Samsom Satele, Ray McDonald and Anthony Spencer were all rated very highly (high to mid second round grades per Scouts Inc). What I had originally set out to do was improve both the DL and OL in the second round. Safety was another concern but as I mentioned earlier there was a major run on S in the first round (Aaron Rouse in the 1st for instance), this trend continued into the second as Eric Weddle and Josh Gattis were both drafted before our pick. Staley and Beekman did not make in to our pick, neither did Sears; all were the top OL available.

That being said it came down to the three above and an outside shot at Tanard Jackson to play CB/S for us. I ended up selecting Spencer even though McDonald had a higher ranking. McDonald has major injury concerns, but I like the fact that he can play DE and UT; I may spend a 4th round pick on him later. Spencer brings major speed to the DL, in the mold of Dwight Freeney. Now, yes I did take Charles Johnson who is a freak in his own right, but getting our pass rush back is a major prority IMO. Having two potential starters at DE would basically lock up most of the DL for years to come.

So our draft looks like this so far:

1. Calvin Johnson
2. Charles Johnson
2b. Anthony Spencer

My targets for the 3rd round are:

Samson Satele OC
Marcus Thomas DT
Tanard Jackson CB
Antonio Pittman RB

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#38 : March 29, 2007, 12:03:14 PM

Can't go wrong with those picks quite honestly. If you can nab Thomas in the 3rd you've effectively sured up the DL.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#39 : March 30, 2007, 09:47:13 AM

Kalil would be my pick. Not a big fan of Charles Johnson. Kalil would be the perfect fit to replace John Wade after this season.

Gruden would get killed in the press and by the fans for taking 2 offensive players with the first two selections.

Charles Johnson is a freak, not only that but he should have been drafted in the first round of this Mock. For me to get him in the second round was a steal.

ordinary

Second String

#40 : March 29, 2007, 06:17:40 PM

Take Marcus Thomas

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 29, 2007, 06:20:25 PM

Antonio Pitt would make a nice two headed monster at RB. I'll like to see him maybe in the 4th after M Thomas.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

badaBucs1987

Second String

#42 : March 29, 2007, 06:21:40 PM

Getting Spencer there is great value...but I dont know about drafting 2 DEs...

Don't get me wrong, I would love this draft.....but just doesnt seem likely us drafting 2 DEs...

was DeMarcus Tyler available?

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 29, 2007, 08:20:44 PM

Kalil would be my pick. Not a big fan of Charles Johnson. Kalil would be the perfect fit to replace John Wade after this season.

Gruden would get killed in the press and by  the fans for taking 2 offensive players with the first two selections.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 29, 2007, 09:07:29 PM

Gruden would get killed in the press and by the fans for taking 2 offensive players with the first two selections.
With a 29th ranked offense and (still top 20 correct?) defense, we shouldn't try to get more blocking?

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who would you take? Bucs War room! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools