Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris simms video « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

« #15 : March 16, 2007, 09:55:25 PM »

The difference between this video and real life, is that there's no D-line to bat the ball in his face, before he can hit his target.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #16 : March 16, 2007, 09:56:23 PM »

Really?? Gee, I hadn't noticed! ::)

« #17 : March 16, 2007, 09:58:19 PM »

It's fake.
Cynic or hater?
Neither, I just don't get the point of this thread.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #18 : March 16, 2007, 10:00:12 PM »

There's no doubt that Simms is a bad ass.
I do like Simms a great deal, I am glad he resigned.  I think he has issues with his motion, his delivery, no doubt.  They might be ingrained into his game by now, but I also think the coaching staff needs to make a herculean effort at stopping some of his bad habits..I.E. staring his wideouts down, thinking he needs to throw everything 56 miles an hour rather than putting touch on the ball (the long windup), his ability to make a quicker decision (the batted passes).  Hackett and Gruden are QB coaches.  Hackett has the patience to work with Simms...all day long.  Gruden, a short, smaller guy (who probably fancies himself a great QB) does not have what Simms has, which is velocity and power, and height.  So he is very hard on the kid as a result, no doubt.  But if Simms decides to relax, play his game, and listen intently to Hackett and Gruden, and the said coaches decide to work with him on his issues (not just PVC pipes with Rucker jerseys on them, which was really bush league coaching, IMO), Simms can be a great QB.  I also think having Simms lose a spleen might make him decide to run a bit more, and realize that the line he is working with is not that talented.  

These are all far fetched dreams, but if Simms can scramble a bit more, and get his throws through the lanes quicker, he just might beat out Garcia in TC.  Please note the far fetched before slamming me.

« #19 : March 16, 2007, 10:01:01 PM »

Far Fetching Finkster.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #20 : March 16, 2007, 10:02:51 PM »

There's no doubt that Simms is a bad ass.
I do like Simms a great deal, I am glad he resigned.  I think he has issues with his motion, his delivery, no doubt.  They might be ingrained into his game by now, but I also think the coaching staff needs to make a herculean effort at stopping some of his bad habits..I.E. staring his wideouts down, thinking he needs to throw everything 56 miles an hour rather than putting touch on the ball (the long windup), his ability to make a quicker decision (the batted passes).  Hackett and Gruden are QB coaches.  Hackett has the patience to work with Simms...all day long.  Gruden, a short, smaller guy (who probably fancies himself a great QB) does not have what Simms has, which is velocity and power, and height.  So he is very hard on the kid as a result, no doubt.  But if Simms decides to relax, play his game, and listen intently to Hackett and Gruden, and the said coaches decide to work with him on his issues (not just PVC pipes with Rucker jerseys on them, which was really bush league coaching, IMO), Simms can be a great QB.  I also think having Simms lose a spleen might make him decide to run a bit more, and realize that the line he is working with is not that talented. 

These are all far fetched dreams, but if Simms can scramble a bit more, and get his throws through the lanes quicker, he just might beat out Garcia in TC.  Please note the far fetched before slamming me.
I agree completely.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

« #21 : March 16, 2007, 11:11:57 PM »

It's true that Simms has potential.  I think he could be the guy.  But you could say the exact same thing about Bruce Gradkowski.  They are all big "if's" at this point.  I hope Simms and Grads perform well in TC.  I want them to give Garcia a run for his money.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #22 : March 16, 2007, 11:24:32 PM »

No, you could not say the same about Grads.  Did you sit in the stadium & watch everybody & Capt Fear open & he coldn't hit any of them??

« #23 : March 16, 2007, 11:33:52 PM »

At least he didn't turn the ball over and get balls batted like crazy.

And please let's not make the OL excuse, Bruce is just the smarter QB, Simms has the physical skills.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #24 : March 16, 2007, 11:41:17 PM »

Smart?? Smart enough to dump off to Pitt every single solitary time.

« #25 : March 16, 2007, 11:48:46 PM »

Or throw the ball away, not have his spleen explode, not throw 1 TD for every 7 INTs....

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #26 : March 17, 2007, 12:16:34 AM »

I think somebody missed naptime!

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

« #27 : March 17, 2007, 12:27:05 AM »

B-Grad deserves NO defending, the guy can't find the open guy downfield let alone hit him. He has some learning to do. I think one day he maybe the next true WC system QB like J. Garcia but even that isn't spectacular. Simms has the tools and he can use them. Alot of his problems where buckling under Grudens pressure. He was more affraid of Jon than the defense. Give him time on field before we can say he's terrible. I've seen 16 games and though the stats aren't very impessive I think he's still our best QB right now. Remember when defenses where affraid of our offense the kid did fairly well.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

« #28 : March 17, 2007, 12:32:02 AM »

So people hate on Cadillac for doing league 'average' things, but love Simms for doing barely league average? The ####?

Bruce deserves no defending? Well when you have idiots running around calling him 'Gradsucksi' saying he shouldn't be in the league that pisses me off.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

« #29 : March 17, 2007, 12:36:30 AM »

Oh no doubt anyone who says he's not deserving is very foolish. He's a project QB that may very well become a student of the game. I see this being his only way to success though. He should stay on Grudens hip. I love Caddy, Give him a hole and open space and your not gonna get him. He breaks takles, outruns db's, and has great moves. This kid is solid. People are idiots to base him on last season. Everyone on our team sucked last year. Anyone remember the 30+ yard run he had on I think Philly, where he broke a LE's takle and busted it outside for 30? He is capable of this everytime he touches the ball. We just gotta give him some f*ckn daylight.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris simms video « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools