Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LSU/UNC game « previous next »
Page: 1

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
« : September 04, 2010, 09:38:37 PM »

Alright, Ive never had the drive to really watch college football, but this year Ive made a decision to make a real effort to watch more and educate myself more so that come draft time, I know more than what I get from NFLN. So here I am watching this game, and am wondering, are there any specific players I should be keeping an eye on on either of these teams?

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #1 : September 04, 2010, 09:42:02 PM »

Patrick Peterson is a stud CB and returner.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
« #2 : September 04, 2010, 09:45:39 PM »

Ive only been watching for about ten minutes, and in that time Ive noticed two big plays by the punt returner #7 Patrick Peterson. Whats the deal on him? Would he be someone to look out for if I notice him onfield other than on ST's?

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
« #3 : September 04, 2010, 09:46:56 PM »

Haha, Biggs, I was just writing about him when you mentioned that. Hes having a good game from what Ive seen. Defense beauty, I was wondering what he played. Thanks.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
« #4 : September 04, 2010, 11:42:15 PM »

Dont know isht bout college ball. Can someone explain to me how the two minute warning (NFL style) plays in it. They ran right by it in this game (again I know the NFL rules). Hows it work?

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

« #5 : September 04, 2010, 11:56:39 PM »

Awesome game.  Was rooting for UNC.  Either of those last two passes should've been 6 points. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

« #6 : September 05, 2010, 03:23:48 AM »

Dont know isht bout college ball. Can someone explain to me how the two minute warning (NFL style) plays in it. They ran right by it in this game (again I know the NFL rules). Hows it work?
No 2 min warning in college. But every first down stops the clock until the chain gang step up

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
« #7 : September 05, 2010, 12:33:34 PM »

No 2 min warning in college. But every first down stops the clock until the chain gang step up

Okay cool. Thanks

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

« #8 : September 05, 2010, 10:53:30 PM »

Awesome game.  Was rooting for UNC.  Either of those last two passes should've been 6 points. 
Concur...

Congrats LSU, our 2nd string D and 3rd string RB's gave you all you could handle.

Really hope Quinn can get back on the field, hell of a pro prospect.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
« #9 : September 05, 2010, 10:56:27 PM »

I've been pimping Patrick since last year as he is one of the best DB's in years - dude can cover man-to-man, tackle, return kicks/punts and has a nasty side to him.  I also like Quan Sturdivant and Bruce Carter from UNC as both of them would be a huge improvement over Bum Ruud!!  UNC also has a CB that was suspended that can play as well. Over the next couple of years also watch out for Rueben Randle and if Morris Claiborne continues to develop he could be a mid-round CB that can play at the next level.  Patrick would look AWESOME in Pewter and Red!!!

Samari28

Hall of Famer
« #10 : September 05, 2010, 10:58:10 PM »

Hey a win is a win but it did suck to be up by three scores and freaking Gary Crowton gets all damned conservative on us.  Hopefully this will show Les it is either him or Crowton!!!  Too much talent to be this bad on offense and great job by the defense to keep it together with all the three and outs!!

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

« #11 : September 05, 2010, 11:00:04 PM »

IMO, Quinn would be the guy to take. If he is available to us, which is very likely now with this scandal going on he would be an absolute steal.

Also like Sturdivant, Bruce is more of an OLB in a 4-3. Quan is a physical presence in the middle.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

« #12 : September 05, 2010, 11:00:42 PM »

Hey a win is a win but it did suck to be up by three scores and freaking Gary Crowton gets all damned conservative on us.  Hopefully this will show Les it is either him or Crowton!!!  Too much talent to be this bad on offense and great job by the defense to keep it together with all the three and outs!!
Well, yall definitely caught us at the right time.

No chance in hell yall put up 30 on our regular D.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
« #13 : September 05, 2010, 11:16:31 PM »

I agree this was a perfect timing game and who knows what would have happened - doubtful LSU would have put up 30 but also do not think UNC would have put up that many points had the game been later in the year.  I doubt your QB has a game close to this the rest of the year.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

« #14 : September 05, 2010, 11:35:43 PM »

I agree this was a perfect timing game and who knows what would have happened - doubtful LSU would have put up 30 but also do not think UNC would have put up that many points had the game been later in the year.  I doubt your QB has a game close to this the rest of the year.
He played well, however IMO, with the field position swing of having our D, I think we still would be perfectly fine...

Not too mention we didn't have our 1st or 2nd string RB's....
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LSU/UNC game « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools