Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Titans waive LaGarrette Blount « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#90 : December 24, 2010, 05:57:33 PM

Everyone is wrong , this is true. The thing is , no one else is wrong quite so arrogantly as you , and you only admit it after you are backed into a corner and figuratively tazed into submission ,

As much as I hate to agree with DiSalvo, he just nailed it on the head. It's not about being wrong or pulling up old threads. Biggs LOVES to pull up old threads and show how people
were so wrong. I like looking at those threads, too. And like everybody else, I'm wrong about things.

But, if you disagree with Biggs like some people did on the Blount issue, he'll insult your intelligence with stuff like "this isn't very hard to grasp." How dare you disagree with the all
knowledgeable Biggs!

And then on the Winslow PI call? If you said it wasn't PI, on Winslow, Biggs told you to go back and watch it "objectively." You can't be right because Head Referee Biggs says it was pass interference! For reasons of fandom or pure ignorance", you can't be right!  To act like it was a complete injustice, is ridiculous! Then you have Biggs using the "rational" word for folks who agreed with him. The others? Irrational, I guess.

And my favorite...

"And you can discount the folks who say Winslow didn't do anything to garner a flag if you want to, but that's the reason this thread has gone as long as it has."

The reason these threads go on as long as they do in many cases is because of Biggs' refusal to admit that he might be wrong or to see another point of view might be right. The only time that happens is if the evidence is overwhelming. Even then, he's kicked dragging and screaming. Look around Biggs and then look in the mirror.

Once again, I'll let you have the last word or this thread will also go on and on and on...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#91 : December 24, 2010, 06:09:46 PM

I've already acknowledged this and gave JDouble his props on this issue in other threads after Blount started tearing it up.  But don't worry about that, ladies.  Wait a second - that can't be the case because I never admit when I'm wrong.  Either that or ufojoe just doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

The only way to never be wrong is to never post. It's all in good fun Biggs.

Get a friggin' clue, ufojoe.  Just because you didn't see something doesn't mean it didn't happen.  This is clearly the case a lot.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#92 : December 24, 2010, 09:10:00 PM

props to jdub for sticking to his guns.  you nailed it man.  I'll be bumping those briscoe threads soon enough I just hope he's still a Buc when he makes his impact.    Pretty sure I didn't think the Bucs needed Blount.  I knew he tore it up in college but that punch set him way back.  Looks like you were one of the only people who thought he could be taught to pick up blocks.  He's still not Caddy good in blocking or pass catching but dude is a bulldozer.  Seems durable too. 

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#93 : December 24, 2010, 09:16:23 PM

I've already acknowledged this and gave JDouble his props on this issue in other threads after Blount started tearing it up.  But don't worry about that, ladies.  Wait a second - that can't be the case because I never admit when I'm wrong.  Either that or ufojoe just doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

The only way to never be wrong is to never post. It's all in good fun Biggs.

Get a friggin' clue, ufojoe.  Just because you didn't see something doesn't mean it didn't happen.  This is clearly the case a lot.

I saw it the first time. That doesn't change how you react to people who have different opinions than you. And that's what my post addressed. Unless you're forced to admit being wrong, you'll belittle others who disagree. And it goes on for pages and pages. Happens all the time. Stovall thread is the latest.

I don't understand why you just can't say, "I see your point but I totally disagree." Instead, it's insult after insult and then the personal attacks go back and forth until the thread is unreadable. Kind of hard to wade through that crap and find the gold like JD has posted several times.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#94 : December 24, 2010, 09:36:49 PM

props to jdub for sticking to his guns.  you nailed it man.  I'll be bumping those briscoe threads soon enough I just hope he's still a Buc when he makes his impact.    Pretty sure I didn't think the Bucs needed Blount.  I knew he tore it up in college but that punch set him way back.  Looks like you were one of the only people who thought he could be taught to pick up blocks.  He's still not Caddy good in blocking or pass catching but dude is a bulldozer.  Seems durable too.

Hey thanks for the props, but truth be told I'm a sucker for underdogs. When you cheer for just about every under dog...you're bound to be right sometimes!  :P I was cheer leading for Huggins just as much as I was for Blount, but that didn't work out so well. It's all in fun to me, which makes it all the more curious to me why some folks on here get so worked up about getting something wrong or right. In the end, does it really matter? I was one of the few that was 110% sold on Blount and Freeman, but I wasn't a fan of Benn or even Mike Williams. It doesn't make me value Benn's or William's success any less.

It feels good to see guys succeed that you really liked before everyone else jumped on the band wagon, but in the end I just want the Bucs to continue to find great young players...whether I predicted they would be great or horrible. As long as they are great for the Bucs, I'm happy.

Also, for the record my three favorite underdogs atm are Doug Worthington, Dominique Harris, and Tyrone McKenzie. I think all three of these guys are on the 53 next year and perhaps even starting.
: December 24, 2010, 09:38:36 PM JDouble

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#95 : December 24, 2010, 09:47:12 PM

That doesn't change how you react to people who have different opinions than you. And that's what my post addressed. Unless you're forced to admit being wrong, you'll belittle others who disagree. And it goes on for pages and pages. Happens all the time. Stovall thread is the latest.

You're not any different.

I don't understand why you just can't say, "I see your point but I totally disagree." Instead, it's insult after insult and then the personal attacks go back and forth until the thread is unreadable. Kind of hard to wade through that crap and find the gold like JD has posted several times.

You're probably right that I'm too harsh on here.  But your rubbish about me never admitting I'm wrong on this board is just that - rubbish.  I've admitted I'm wrong - and happily wrong in most cases- on this board my fair share.  All the back and forth B/S pisses off too many people, so I'll try to keep it in check.  Maybe a New Year's Resolution type deal. 

I can't make any promises regarding the dullard, though.
: December 24, 2010, 09:49:25 PM Biggs3535

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#96 : December 24, 2010, 09:47:30 PM

It's all in fun to me, which makes it all the more curious to me why some folks on here get so worked up about getting something wrong or right.

It's fun to look back on old thread and Biggs is the master of finding the good ones. Of course, when somebody bumps one of his, he doesn't appreciate it as much.

The thing that a lot of people hate is the back and forth that certain posters get into when they disagree on things with another poster. They'll be some decent debating going on in a thread but it's hard to follow because the pages and pages of bickering make it hard to read.

JD, you need your own Bucs blog. I'd read it.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#97 : December 24, 2010, 09:49:15 PM

That doesn't change how you react to people who have different opinions than you. And that's what my post addressed. Unless you're forced to admit being wrong, you'll belittle others who disagree. And it goes on for pages and pages. Happens all the time. Stovall thread is the latest.

You're probably right that I'm too harsh on here.  All the back and forth B/S pisses off too many people, so I'll try to keep it in check.  Maybe a New Year's Resolution type deal.

Yeah, well I have my harsh moments, too. But usually on The Cove. And as a pre-New Year's resolution, I've cut waaaaay back on my posts on there.

Merry Xmas.

DiSalvo

Starter

#98 : December 25, 2010, 08:10:14 AM

You're probably right that I'm too harsh on here.  But your rubbish about me never admitting I'm wrong on this board is just that - rubbish.  I've admitted I'm wrong - and happily wrong in most cases- on this board my fair share.  All the back and forth B/S pisses off too many people, so I'll try to keep it in check.  Maybe a New Year's Resolution type deal. 

Awwwwww how cute. The King of Copy-and-Paste is calling for a New Year's Truce. If I was exposed as a big a hypocrite as he , I'd be calling for a truce also, LOL.

abellwillring

Second String

#99 : December 26, 2010, 12:09:04 AM

Don't care about the petty little feud but hats off to J Double.  Nailed it.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Titans waive LaGarrette Blount « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools