Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How about Grant at UT? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

: March 16, 2007, 08:04:15 PM

If you make a few assumptions that a) UT is a position that is the key to our defense, and b) a guy who is 6-3 290 is big enough to play UT in this system then you could connect the dots here and see that there may be a possibility that we are looking at Grant to play UT.

Grant isn't a great pass rusher at RE. He is a good LE, and I think his size may make him a great UT.

I'm just throwing this out there. It wouldn't surprise me with the lack of talent at UT on the market this offseason.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 16, 2007, 08:07:14 PM

cool but where would Kevin Carter play, LDE??

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 16, 2007, 08:14:48 PM

No, Grant is too solid at LE to waste his talents at UT.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 16, 2007, 08:23:04 PM

No, Grant is too solid at LE to waste his talents at UT.
I'd hardly consider a potential pash rushing UT a waste of talent.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 16, 2007, 08:25:19 PM

The line would suddenly be:

Rice, Carter, Hovan, Grant.

But at what price?

It is all about what the BUcs are willing to give up.  Definitely not the cost of signing him outright...the only way he will wear Pewter is via trade (or it damn well had better be the only way!).  Grant will NEVER be a Buc, IMO...

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 16, 2007, 08:26:58 PM

I still say that has everything to do with Allen building up that folder for next year.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 16, 2007, 08:34:53 PM

He has only recently picked up everything he needs to know to play DE and now you want to teach him a position he has never played? Waste of pro bowl DE talent. This isn't Madden you cant just depth chart a guy where you think he can play. Plus WE NEED A LE especially a guy who can Pass Rush

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#7 : March 16, 2007, 08:36:05 PM

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised to see him here after his franchise tag is up next season. We may just be doing a preliminary interview with him and feeding him some lines about how we love him, etc. and want him here really badly. We may even say that we'll try to swing a deal with the Saints for him but that we just can't give up the 2 1st rounders (I am sure he knows that).

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#8 : March 16, 2007, 08:36:44 PM

He has only recently picked up everything he needs to know to play DE and now you want to teach him a position he has never played? Waste of pro bowl DE talent. This isn't Madden you cant just depth chart a guy where you think he can play. Plus WE NEED A LE especially a guy who can Pass Rush

It is hardly a waste of talent if UT is the key position on this defense. The last time I checked LE wasn't.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 16, 2007, 08:57:34 PM

Ok, then get a fuc*in UT. Grant isn't a UT and never has been. Two years ago he wasn't even a solid LE. So lets put him at UT so it takes him 2 years to develope.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 16, 2007, 09:07:46 PM

Ok, then get a fuc*in UT. Grant isn't a UT and never has been. Two years ago he wasn't even a solid LE. So lets put him at UT so it takes him 2 years to develope.

You mean the way it took so long to develop Corey Redding into a franchise player moving from DE to UT? That was what, like 2 games?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 16, 2007, 09:16:23 PM

Can you name two more ends who moved to UT and was succesful quickly. BTW what team does Corey Redding play for? Yea. try to keep the next two on defenses who don't suck

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 16, 2007, 09:43:13 PM

I'll take that as a NO. So why even speculate moving an established pro bowl LE inside to play a position we need an established UT for. Or a rookie who has played primarly UT in college.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#13 : March 16, 2007, 09:46:10 PM

You cannot give up 2 1st rdrs for this guy. And who says NO trades in their division?

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 16, 2007, 09:53:42 PM

No doubt K. This is all speculation and if there is gonna be a deal woked out it's going to be on our terms. NO won't get anything for Grant in year when he becomes a FA, and he'll be a Buc anyway. So if they're smart they'll take a 2nd and a '08 conditional. That is worth a pro bowl 27 year old DE for us.  Based on his performance, the '08 conditional could end up being a 1st rounder anyway.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How about Grant at UT? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools