Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How about Grant at UT? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#15 : March 16, 2007, 09:58:22 PM

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised to see him here after his franchise tag is up next season. We may just be doing a preliminary interview with him and feeding him some lines about how we love him, etc. and want him here really badly. We may even say that we'll try to swing a deal with the Saints for him but that we just can't give up the 2 1st rounders (I am sure he knows that).

Amen.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him here, but it won't be this year.  As far as UT vs LE goes, I guess we could try him at UT.  If it doesn't work out, then we just move him back.  No harm, no foul.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 17, 2007, 11:12:51 AM

Can you name two more ends who moved to UT and was succesful quickly. BTW what team does Corey Redding play for? Yea. try to keep the next two on defenses who don't suck

Yeah well since Redding moved inside to play for the SAME defense we had one might, if one wasn't an idiot, assume that is indicative of some sort of success. The other "success" story on that was at the Senior Bowl where we moved a proven DE inside to play at UT so apparently people think it can be done - like Marinelli and Croyer. You, being special, aren't so sure.

Do I think they move him? Likely not because he's gonna want to get paid like  aDE not  aDT if nothing else but his size and height say he might have a life on the inside and the thought process isn't completely insane unlike you.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 17, 2007, 11:27:36 AM

All depending on if it's a reworked trade of a 3rd [maybe even as high as a 2nd], I'd like it, but not at UT - I'd rather see Hovan moved to UT, Carter at NT with Rice and Grant as the ends.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#18 : March 17, 2007, 12:38:25 PM

Yeah Cory Redding is exactly what I was talking about. Just glancing at the size and weight of a lot of guys you look at to be the UT, they basically match or are even lighter than Grant and smaller. The big hangup is that he isn't going to want to get paid like a UT, but rather a DE.

I guess it depends on exactly how important you think that the UT position is in this defense. Several  people on here, including myself have said that it is the most important position. If it is, we need to invest in it. If Grant could be better at UT than he is at DE, why not?

Karen, we are NOT giving up 2 1st round picks for Grant. That is craziness. We may trade for him, or we may target him next year which is more likely than anything. A few of us have been saying that since it started but again you post this. Do you really think the FO is THAT stupid? They aren't, guarantee that.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 17, 2007, 01:35:25 PM

Can you name two more ends who moved to UT and was succesful quickly. BTW what team does Corey Redding play for? Yea. try to keep the next two on defenses who don't suck

Yeah well since Redding moved inside to play for the SAME defense we had one might, if one wasn't an idiot, assume that is indicative of some sort of success. The other "success" story on that was at the Senior Bowl where we moved a proven DE inside to play at UT so apparently people think it can be done - like Marinelli and Croyer. You, being special, aren't so sure.

Do I think they move him? Likely not because he's gonna want to get paid like aDE not aDT if nothing else but his size and height say he might have a life on the inside and the thought process isn't completely insane unlike you.

Yea, I'm still waiting for you to show me two more established pro bowl DE's (NFL players) who's coaches decided to try them at UT. You say one guy Redding(Last time I checked NO pro bowls at DE), who plays on one of the worst D's in the league, Tampa 2 or not. Stats don't lie. Then you came up with a college nobody whom you still couldn't name. My point is still supreme, You don't take from one position(which would be held down by a Pro Bowl player) and move him to a position he has no idea how to play. We agree to disagree. Hopefully we get a probowl guy at LE so we'll have this nice problem of deciding where to play him. I gotta get back in the physc ward.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 17, 2007, 01:36:08 PM

How about Jamaal Anderson at UT?

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 17, 2007, 01:39:44 PM

He's a college DE? I think a rook can come in and play it well. My arguement above is simply how I wouldn't ask an established Pro Bowl LE to play UT. So after we'll be searching for a pass rush from LE all over again.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#22 : March 17, 2007, 01:40:50 PM

I don't think that Charles Grant would make a good DT.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 17, 2007, 01:41:17 PM

He's a college DE? I think a rook can come in and play it well. My arguement above is simply how I wouldn't ask an established Pro Bowl LE to play UT. So after we'll be searching for a pass rush from LE all over again.
Hes a DE in college,I was just kidding man. I was trying to make you type paragraphs about how wrong I was.. I guess you played it cool.

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 17, 2007, 01:41:40 PM

Di*k...lol [banghead]

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 17, 2007, 01:42:16 PM

Di*k
lol

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#26 : March 17, 2007, 02:20:40 PM

So because we can't come up with 3 examples to satisfy you our point is wrong?

Our point, which is PURELY throwing an idea out there is that he could be a heck of a UT in this defense given what is known about him. There is a case, which we have already brought up that it has been done in the same exact defensive scheme and proved successful. What you are missing is the fact that a lot of people think that the UT position makes this defense click. The LE doesn't make this defense click, and Grant is a LE. He is powerful as much as fast when pass rushing. Sounds like a good UT prospect to me.

It's just speculation. You don't have to take everything to heart. We did come up with a good example, too. Just because it doesn't happen often doesn't mean that it can't be done.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 17, 2007, 02:29:44 PM

While I do believe the UT is the most important position on the D-line, I don't believe it is anymore important than SS, or WLB. But when it comes to pass rush the DE is just as important as UT. We need an UT who can disrupt the backfield constantly. Not just on pass rush. They're few and far between unfortunetly

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 17, 2007, 04:55:37 PM

So because we can't come up with 3 examples to satisfy you our point is wrong?

Our point, which is PURELY throwing an idea out there is that he could be a heck of a UT in this defense given what is known about him. There is a case, which we have already brought up that it has been done in the same exact defensive scheme and proved successful. What you are missing is the fact that a lot of people think that the UT position makes this defense click. The LE doesn't make this defense click, and Grant is a LE. He is powerful as much as fast when pass rushing. Sounds like a good UT prospect to me.

It's just speculation. You don't have to take everything to heart. We did come up with a good example, too. Just because it doesn't happen often doesn't mean that it can't be done.
If you were refering to me, I was throwing it out there just like you was..

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How about Grant at UT? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools