Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: check it, big money team. be brutally honest. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
: September 05, 2010, 06:29:06 PM

Qb ; manning, matt moore

Rb: gore, forte, arian foster, portis, caddy, j harrison, thomas jones

Wr : roddy white, steve smith car. Malcom floyd, jabar gaffney

Te: dallas clark, gresham

D : 49ers, atlanta

K : matt bryant

I'm excited about this team

Starting 2 wrs every week.  Roddy n smith

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 05, 2010, 06:45:06 PM

Could you have a more Running back loaded team? Why not pick up Mike Williams?! Jabar Gaffney....puke. You also didnt mention which Manning you got. Frank Gore is injury prone.Drew Brees would have been a better pick then Gore.  Forte will not be much in Martz's system. Matt Bryant? lol. Cmonnnn man.

Drop Jerome Harrison and get yourself a good WR back up. Drop Gresham too.

Average to Decent team. I wouldn't be expecting to win 1st with this team. You better put on a ski mask and start trading or scouring the waiver wire.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 05, 2010, 07:11:59 PM

Lol, peyton manning.brees and a rod were gone

#3 : September 05, 2010, 07:16:15 PM

Outstanding team. The rb depth is just stupid good. Wr depth is a little weak, but if u only start two wrs, you can get by with steve and roddy. And of course having peyton manning and dallas clark and san fran d just makes this team even better.

X Factor

Starter
#4 : September 05, 2010, 07:18:42 PM

I think your team looks good... Eli passed for over 4000 yards last year... Your RBs are very solid... I like White and Floyd too, Steve Smith is on the decline but he is still a number 1 even tho he doesn't think so himself... What's wrong with Matt Bryant Navy? lol...
Atlanta has a potentially dangerous offense... Bryant should be a pretty good Fantasy kicker...

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

PewterReportED

PR Admin
Starter

#5 : September 05, 2010, 07:22:32 PM

You're set up to be a playoff-worthy team this year.

This team has the potential to be very good. Manning, Gore, White, and Clark should all be productive week in and week out in any format.

Your running back depth is very good. If the Browns run Harrison like they did at the end of last year, he should be starting quality. Foster has RB1 potential. Cadillac will see an increase in touches. Portis is nearing the end of the road, but might be productive in the right matchups. I think Thomas Jones is underrated this year. The coaches really like him, and he didn't seem to be slowing down last year.

If Smith can stay healthy, and White plays like he did last year, your receivers should be adequate. I like Gaffney this year as a breakout player, and Floyd should be a solid option as well. In the future, you might need to look into trade a running back for a receiver at some point

I'm not too fond of Greshem early this season. You could probably work the waiver wire for tight ends on Clark's bye week.

Follow me on Twitter @EricDellaratta

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#6 : September 05, 2010, 11:12:12 PM

Like it.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#7 : September 05, 2010, 11:16:06 PM

Drop Gresham, get a player thats worth having on your roster. Backup TEs are the biggest waste of roster spots.

#8 : September 06, 2010, 01:09:45 PM

You can't puke at Gaffney. He a legit option this year with the weak WR core in Denver. Your team is pretty loaded. Foster is going to be a very good fantasy back this year. I also think Floyd is poised for a big year

Hate

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 06, 2010, 06:39:47 PM

Drop Gresham, get a player thats worth having on your roster. Backup TEs are the biggest waste of roster spots.

There are no freebie pickups in this league. Each cost $15.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 07, 2010, 12:26:47 AM

I think your team looks good... Eli passed for over 4000 yards last year... Your RBs are very solid... I like White and Floyd too, Steve Smith is on the decline but he is still a number 1 even tho he doesn't think so himself... What's wrong with Matt Bryant Navy? lol...
Atlanta has a potentially dangerous offense... Bryant should be a pretty good Fantasy kicker...

ii have peyton manning btw

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#11 : September 07, 2010, 12:30:12 AM

Look at Navy trying to give advice after he wants to pick up EVERY free agent for the Bucs and posts photos off the Internet and says they are his girl???  What are you the Fantasy Football Guru now???

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#12 : September 07, 2010, 12:49:00 AM

Could you have a more Running back loaded team? Why not pick up Mike Williams?! Jabar Gaffney....puke. You also didnt mention which Manning you got. Frank Gore is injury prone.Drew Brees would have been a better pick then Gore.  Forte will not be much in Martz's system. Matt Bryant? lol. Cmonnnn man.

Average to Decent team. I wouldn't be expecting to win 1st with this team. You better put on a ski mask and start trading or scouring the waiver wire.
Drop Jerome Harrison...

Brilliant.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#13 : September 07, 2010, 01:53:16 AM

Drop Jerome Harrison...

Brilliant.

I saw the reports for Harrison. I am not sold on him like everyone else is. He doesn't need 6 RBs. Foster and Gore are going to be his gamers come week 1 anyways. Drop him or trade him for whoever...doesnt matter man.

Bash

Practice Squad

#14 : September 07, 2010, 03:33:32 AM

So that's Peyton Manning? That's a nice team. Redraft? 12 team?

Looking at your team, I am guessing I don't need to tell you to not drop Harrison.

Gresham is worth a one- to two-week look to see how much he is involved in the passing game. Could be that you could just as easily take a TE off the WW for Clark's bye week to match Gresham's performance, thereby opening a roster spot for a WR surprise. Thomas Jones will have a hard time starting for your team. He could be traded if he gets off to a good start. Naturally, fees for transactions might limit your roster moves.

I looked your team over, and if you have Peyton, I can't see how you got this team in a 12-team, redraft big money league. Nice job either  Manning.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: check it, big money team. be brutally honest. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools