Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Hype RB Team « previous next »
Page: 1

Bash

Practice Squad

: September 05, 2010, 01:58:39 PM

I swung for the fences and picked several high risk (unproven) players.

12 team redraft PPR--QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-Flex RBWR-TE-K-D

Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger

Ryan Mathews, Jahvid Best, Arian Foster, Marion Barber, Javon Ringer, Bernard Scott (added after Big Ben placed on IR)

Andre Johnson, Miles Austin, Terrell Owens, Mike Williams (TB), James Jones

Kellen Winslow, Jeff Carlson

Mason Crosby

New Orleans

I was toward the end of the elite QB and TE runs, so I decided to wait at those positions. For TE, I had a choice of Winslow and Miller, and while I think Miller will have a better year, I did the right thing and took Winslow. I waited on QB, taking Eli (a safe but not spectacular QB), then taking Roethlisberger with the next pick (I don't believe the Steelers will be able to return to their former big run game--their division is too competitive now, and OC Arians likes to throw)

Needless to say, if FF up-and-comers Best, Mathews, and Foster don't show up, I'm in for a long year. If they do, then I'm below average at QB and TE, but have nice depth for covering bye weeks.

X Factor

Starter
#1 : September 05, 2010, 04:35:08 PM

Pretty good, but like you said a few unproven players... With that said I like Best and Matthews this year, especially Best... I am not that high on Miles but I guess it depends on where you drafted him... Eli threw for over 4000 yards last year, statisticly he had his best year in the league so not a bad late round pick up...

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

Bash

Practice Squad

#2 : September 06, 2010, 12:16:39 AM

I picked from the 5 spot, and went Andre, then Austin. I think I'm higher on him than you are, as I had him as my third WR.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Hype RB Team « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools