Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: who will start by mike will? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

nick23

Rookie

#15 : September 06, 2010, 02:14:59 AM

I saw sammie at my work he looks pretty buff and he looks slightly taller in person then 5' 10

also maurice has been here for four years but on the bench really i think he needs to start. going in and out really sucks  for momentum, and rhythm i would keep him in let him get his comfort and flow. ya he has been a starter before but if you notice or watch the games  when he starts they swap him even if he was the number 2 wr. he never got the true roll.

nick23

Rookie

#16 : September 06, 2010, 02:18:02 AM

oh ya i also saw Clayton at my job the day he got cut he looked pretty mad, but he still had his range, bentley and benz he brought

STOVALL :o why not?   

donny77

Starter

#17 : September 06, 2010, 02:36:33 AM

Stovall has had four years to emerge.  I am ready for Benn.  I like MO, he is a ST ace and a great reserve.  A good 4th WR imo.
A lot of project WRs emerge in their third year.  Stovall's third year, Garcia was awful.  Garcia couldn't find the open receivers, even a 6'5" one.  Last year Stovall had 3 QBs, but really got a rythym at the end of the season with Free.  Stovall and Stroughter were clearly Free's favorite targets.  Stovall still isn't the WR Gruden wanted.  He isn't a Vincent Jackson.  He doesn't use his size to his advantage like he could, but he is a respectable NFL receiver IMHO.  Stovall will be the primary 3rd receiver until Benn is ready.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#18 : September 06, 2010, 02:49:13 AM

I think it will be more of a matchup thing than anything. I think vs the smaller corners we will play Stovall if hes healthy. Stroughter can play against your bigger dbs. Play the mismatch ya know. I cant wait to see Benn come around too.

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#19 : September 06, 2010, 02:54:10 AM

I am curious as to how Stroughter would look at the Z...we haven't seen it for any extended period of time. We all know that his skill set fits well in the slot, but there are several #2 receiver that play the slot in 3-WR sets as well.

I think Stovall can be okay at the Z too...maybe a Michael Jenkins-level player but probably not much more. He has some level of chemistry with Freeman already, and it's good to have a big possession receiver on the field opposite a guy like Mike Williams.

Benn is the eventual guy there...but we really don't know how far along he is. He did well in the last preseason game, but that is the most worthless game for evaluating starters.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: who will start by mike will? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools