Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who are your top prospects to watch this year? « previous next »
Page: 1

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

: September 06, 2010, 03:43:43 PM

For me, it is all about DE's and RB's...

Daniel Thomas - IMO he has the most potential to be one of the top backs in the league. Reminds me of Adrian Peterson a bit, with a little more finesse to his style.

Robert Quinn - IMO the best 4-3 DE prospect in the country. Love the kid. Hopefully the suspension works itself out and only hurts his draft stock enough to help us.

Mark Ingram - Don't like him as much as most, but he would be a good grinder.

Demarco Murray - Sort of underrated, could definitely see him having a huge year and shooting up boards.

Greg Romeus - Another great DE prospect.

Quan Sturdivant - Love everything he brings to the table. Very instinctive LB.

Many more but right now I am drawing blanks. Would really like to come out of the next draft with Daniel Thomas and Robert Quinn.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 06, 2010, 04:51:08 PM

I'll be watching the DE's in Quinn, Romeus, and Cameron Heyward.  I like both stud WR's in Julio Jones and AJ Green.  The stud CB's that will probably be top 15 selections are Patrick Peterson and Janoris Jenkins.

I wish there were some great OT's, but I don't know of any that really stand out.  I suppose Barksdale from LSU is the best of the bunch.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#2 : September 06, 2010, 05:15:39 PM

I'll be watching the DE's in Quinn, Romeus, and Cameron Heyward.  I like both stud WR's in Julio Jones and AJ Green.  The stud CB's that will probably be top 15 selections are Patrick Peterson and Janoris Jenkins.

I wish there were some great OT's, but I don't know of any that really stand out.  I suppose Barksdale from LSU is the best of the bunch.
Same about the OTs.... Really need to boost the OL.

#3 : September 06, 2010, 07:46:15 PM

Pouncy was very good a a G last year, as a center he needs a lot of work.

LSU and UGa both have some decent OL.

Keep an eye on Bama's other back, Richardson. UF's Demps is probably the fastest back in the country, but he needs a hole and is smallish. LeMichael James at Oregon is a stud, not sure if he is eligible yet. Don't forget Noel Devine. PSU's Royster gets a lot of hype, haven't seen him yet.

I'm watching LSU's Kelvin Sheppard-MLB since we may need to upgrade or replace Ruud. Also any LB at Bama.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#4 : September 06, 2010, 08:16:58 PM

Who yall watching tonight? Obviously Ryan Williams is a big name to watch, but don't know too much about other players yet.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 06, 2010, 09:33:10 PM

Boise State's LT is supposed to be good, but he hasn't been very impressive thus far.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#6 : September 06, 2010, 09:46:09 PM

Yeah both OL's have been very meh...

Looking to be a good game though.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 06, 2010, 11:28:44 PM

Thats what I'm talking about - keep it up Boise. One minute to go.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 07, 2010, 12:21:47 AM

PSU's Royster gets a lot of hype, haven't seen him yet.

Know a kid who is a RB at PSU...I still think he shouldhave went to Cuse, where he could have flashed some talent rather than languish behind Royster.

But Royster did not impress in his first game V. Youngstown Who?

I think in time, Dukes will impress.  He is a redshirt frosh this year, but he is roughly 230ish, runs a legit 4.5, and will get better. 

Royster should fare well the rest of the season, but not enamoured of the kid for some reason.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 07, 2010, 03:03:31 PM

I'm watching LSU's Kelvin Sheppard-MLB since we may need to upgrade or replace Ruud. Also any LB at Bama.
I'm keeping an eye on him this year. During the broadcast the announcers said John Chavis called him the most instinctive linebacker he's ever coached, and he coached Al Wilson, among others.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 07, 2010, 07:47:59 PM

Pouncy was very good a a G last year, as a center he needs a lot of work.

LSU and UGa both have some decent OL.

Keep an eye on Bama's other back, Richardson. UF's Demps is probably the fastest back in the country, but he needs a hole and is smallish. LeMichael James at Oregon is a stud, not sure if he is eligible yet. Don't forget Noel Devine. PSU's Royster gets a lot of hype, haven't seen him yet.

LaMichael can enter the draft after this year, but he has said with his size he knows he wont be a high draft pick and the degree will become very important. I doubt he leaves after this year, since his stats should drop with Kenjon Barner getting a lot of carries.

But I do think its likely Jacquizz Rodgers will leave after this year

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#11 : September 08, 2010, 09:34:35 AM

I'm keeping an eye on him this year. During the broadcast the announcers said John Chavis called him the most instinctive linebacker he's ever coached, and he coached Al Wilson, among others.
I thought he moved to OLB this year due to team need.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who are your top prospects to watch this year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools