Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WELL LOOKY, LOOKY, IT'S BOISE STATE.....AGAIN! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
: September 07, 2010, 12:04:34 AM

I know, I know, they suck and blew a lead to a very good Va. Tech team that had a home game in Washington D.C. on prime time under their weather conditions.  I know, Boise State got all the calls as well. 

Boise State should have at least been co-champions last year based upon their performance and if they go undefeated this year will not get a chance to play for the championship again based upon tradition and politics of the game.  It's really a shame; great team and a great coach.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 07, 2010, 12:08:29 AM

Put that squad in the SEC, or the Pac, and see how they fare...

They wouldn't sniff the top 10 for a long time, and definitely not consistently.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 07, 2010, 12:18:00 AM

I disagree.  EVERY team cannot play in those conferences, and even those conferences have pathetic teams as well.  Boise has done everything it  can to prove they are legit. 

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#3 : September 07, 2010, 12:19:14 AM

Playoffs.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 07, 2010, 12:22:49 AM

I disagree. EVERY team cannot play in those conferences, and even those conferences have pathetic teams as well. Boise has done everything it can to prove they are legit.
If you go back and look at who they beat in big games, I am not impressed.

They beat Oklahoma in that classic game, but really have not flashed much in those matchups with the powerhouses.

Bowl games.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 07, 2010, 12:36:44 AM

Boise State SUCKS and if you put them in any legitimate conference - hell even if you put them in the Big Ten or PAC 10 they lose a game or two or three.  Yeah beating Va Tech was a nice win but who the hell do they play the rest of the year?  We all know the SEC is the best conference in NCAA and anybody can beat a team on a give night but if they played real teams the rest of the year can they beat them consistently?  I hope Boise State goes all the way and loses to Utah Sate as that would be poetic justice for a bunch of whiners.  A 2 loss SEC team is better than Boise State.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 07, 2010, 12:45:56 AM

Boise State SUCKS and if you put them in any legitimate conference - hell even if you put them in the Big Ten or PAC 10 they lose a game or two or three. Yeah beating Va Tech was a nice win but who the hell do they play the rest of the year? We all know the SEC is the best conference in NCAA and anybody can beat a team on a give night but if they played real teams the rest of the year can they beat them consistently? I hope Boise State goes all the way and loses to Utah Sate as that would be poetic justice for a bunch of whiners. A 2 loss SEC team is better than Boise State.
I think a case can be made that a 3 loss SEC team is better than Boise state.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 07, 2010, 01:02:59 AM

Playoffs.

Absolutely.  It ends the discussion. 

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 07, 2010, 01:44:26 AM

Boise State SUCKS and if you put them in any legitimate conference - hell even if you put them in the Big Ten or PAC 10 they lose a game or two or three. Yeah beating Va Tech was a nice win but who the hell do they play the rest of the year? We all know the SEC is the best conference in NCAA and anybody can beat a team on a give night but if they played real teams the rest of the year can they beat them consistently? I hope Boise State goes all the way and loses to Utah Sate as that would be poetic justice for a bunch of whiners. A 2 loss SEC team is better than Boise State.
I think a case can be made that a 3 loss SEC team is better than Boise state.

So many haters for Boise State. I don't get it. That team gets pissed on because somehow people just naturally think the only conferences in Football are Big 12 Pac 10 and SEC. D1 Football is D1 Football. Im not going to pretend like a team like Hawaii is better then Alabama but you really think a team like say perhaps LSU who lost all 3 games when they were ranked in the top 25 is better then an undefeatee 12-0 Boise State team? i mean come on. be rational.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#9 : September 07, 2010, 02:04:03 AM

Boise State is one of the 5 best programs in the nation and they have been for a long time. People keep disrespecting them, but I think this is the year they finally win the national championship. That team is loaded and very experienced.

#10 : September 07, 2010, 02:08:43 AM

They wouldn't sniff the top 10 for a long time, and definitely not consistently.
You mean the same Pac ten team in Oregon that they shut down last year?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 07, 2010, 03:44:52 AM

Comb through the books...look at the scores in big games against big teams.

Get at me.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 07, 2010, 08:02:03 AM

Didn't that team end up being the Pac 10 Champs?

So many football snobs on this board refuse to give tehse guys any credit.

A three loss SEC team?  C'mon.  Maybe a few years ago, not these guys.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

T

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 07, 2010, 10:19:04 AM

Boise State is a great story, and gives hope to other smaller programs but let's be realistic their conference is what hurts them the most. They go undefeated against some pretty poor competition, I just see when Hawaii went undefeated then was just smashed by Georgia. Boise State is a nice cinderella story but if they go undefeated and somehow get voted in to play a Ohio State, or Alabama they may make the game close for a half, but those teams depth will wear Boise State out.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 07, 2010, 10:43:58 AM

Boise State is a great story, and gives hope to other smaller programs but let's be realistic their conference is what hurts them the most. They go undefeated against some pretty poor competition, I just see when Hawaii went undefeated then was just smashed by Georgia. Boise State is a nice cinderella story but if they go undefeated and somehow get voted in to play a Ohio State, or Alabama they may make the game close for a half, but those teams depth will wear Boise State out.

The comparison with Hawaii is different b/c Hawaii didn't beat multiple top 10/ranked teams en route to their bowl game. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WELL LOOKY, LOOKY, IT'S BOISE STATE.....AGAIN! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools