Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lesean McCoy or Matt Forte? « previous next »
Page: 1

Bucologist

Second String
: September 08, 2010, 08:50:06 AM

Ok, this is a PPR flex WR/RB league.  I am starting chris johnson, reggie wayne, larry fitzgerald, antonio gates with philly D.  My question is the flex player.  I have lesean mccoy, matt forte and caddy.  I am leaning toward starting forte and caddy as my second RB and flex player.  I think I am going to bench mccoy because he plays green bay and caddy and forte play cleveland and detroit.  Please let me know your thoughts, and thank you.

#1 : September 08, 2010, 01:23:30 PM

Start Caddy imo. He should have a big week considering our issues with QB right now and O he is playing the Clowns.

JC510

Practice Squad

#2 : September 08, 2010, 01:37:50 PM

Forte, play the matchup

Bucologist

Second String
#3 : September 08, 2010, 01:40:23 PM

So I would bench McCoy against the packers.  I also have Mike Williams.  Do you think he would put up better numbers as a flex than caddy or forte?  He is going against rookie corner.  Thanks for all replies.

JC510

Practice Squad

#4 : September 08, 2010, 02:36:38 PM

So I would bench McCoy against the packers.  I also have Mike Williams.  Do you think he would put up better numbers as a flex than caddy or forte?  He is going against rookie corner.  Thanks for all replies.

More than Forte, no. More than Cadillac, maybe.

doclobster

Practice Squad

#5 : September 08, 2010, 02:43:38 PM

McCoy for sure. Since it is PPR, absolutely. Dude is going to be Brian Westbrook in his prime. Philly doesn't run the ball, they do screens. GB has a tough D, so I expect a lot of dump offs by Kolb to his safety net McCoy even when he wants to look for Jackson and Maclin.

Forte maybe, since it a good matchup, but that offense is going to take a while before it is anything above incompetent. And while I love Caddy, he is only going to get you like 75 rushing and 2 catches for 10-20yds tops. McCoy is going to get probably that much rushing, plus 6-10 catches, for at least 50 or more yards and a more likely score, as that game is much more likely to be high scoring than the Bucs-Browns.

But, hey, every manager must make their own decisions.

Bucologist

Second String
#6 : September 08, 2010, 03:15:58 PM

Champ and JC510, excellent points thank you.  I am still undecided who to go with.  I am favoring mccoy and forte due to the screens out of the back field.  It would just be nice routing for a buc :)

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#7 : September 08, 2010, 04:08:40 PM

Since its PPR, start McCoy as he is one of the best PPR RBs in the league.

X Factor

Starter
#8 : September 08, 2010, 06:07:21 PM

I have that same dilema with McCoy...  I got Spiller, McCoy, Jacobs and Felix as my RB's. No Flex.  I'm Still going to start him , until he proves me wrong I think he is a starter every week no matter the match up. Probably go with Spiller as my other RB...

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

PewterReportED

PR Admin
Starter

#9 : September 08, 2010, 10:47:26 PM

I think that the Eagles will be down in that game, so McCoy should see a lot of checkdown targets. I'd choose between Caddy and McCoy.

Follow me on Twitter @EricDellaratta

Bucologist

Second String
#10 : September 09, 2010, 07:44:37 AM

You guys rock, thanks for all the advice.  I will roll with McCoy and Caddy.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lesean McCoy or Matt Forte? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools