Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Plummer May Be Willing To Pay Back 7 Million To Remain Retired « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 17, 2007, 11:17:44 AM

Everyone thinks they know what he's gonna do ... I say we just sit back and relax, then when something really happens [ie file papers] then we'll all know 100%.

If he stays we will have competition at the QB spot and we'll have a vet starting and a vet backing up - WIN. If he retires, we get money back that is applied to our cap [i believe next year] - WIN. if we trade him we'll get a player/draft pick - WIN.

Anyone seen this verified yet?

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 17, 2007, 11:21:31 AM

i am with you rusty

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 17, 2007, 11:37:50 AM

Everyone thinks they know what he's gonna do ... I say we just sit back and relax, then when something really happens [ie file papers] then we'll all know 100%.

If he stays we will have competition at the QB spot and we'll have a vet starting and a vet backing up - WIN. If he retires, we get money back that is applied to our cap [i believe next year] - WIN. if we trade him we'll get a player/draft pick - WIN.

Everything I've read has pointed that direction - looks like it's off to the Insiders Board to confirm that with Scott/Jeff - it could also be a great question for the next pod cast.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 17, 2007, 11:47:32 AM

Then why hasn't he filed the papers.

Filing his papers early is a favor to the Bucs.  The longer he holds out before filing, the longer the Bucs have to hold his salary on the cap, and in the meantime the Bucs can't go after his bonuses.  I imagine that he has agent and lawyers working double-time right now trying to determine exactly how much he would owe (I've seen anywhere between $3MM and $7MM), the likelihood of having to pay the full amount, and how long he can drag out the affair before he has to couch up any real cash.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 17, 2007, 11:49:50 AM

Everything I've read has pointed that direction - looks like it's off to the Insiders Board to confirm that with Scott/Jeff - it could also be a great question for the next pod cast.

Most of what I've read was either non-committal or said the opposite.  However Peter King recently commented on it, saying the Bucs would credit the money to the cap and he usually has reliable sources, so I'm very intrigued.  If this is true I like this deal a lot more.  Hopefully the PR boys can shed some light on it in the podcast.

#20 : March 17, 2007, 11:57:09 AM

Filing his papers early is a favor to the Bucs. The longer he holds out before filing, the longer the Bucs have to hold his salary on the cap, and in the meantime the Bucs can't go after his bonuses. I imagine that he has agent and lawyers working double-time right now trying to determine exactly how much he would owe (I've seen anywhere between $3MM and $7MM), the likelihood of having to pay the full amount, and how long he can drag out the affair before he has to couch up any real cash.

My point was he said a couple of weeks ago the papers were filed, which is obviously a lie.    The Buccs have a lot of cap soace so carrying his cap value until the start if the new NFL year isn't a problem, and the Buccs can't go after his signing bonus until the 2007 NFL year begins.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 17, 2007, 12:45:07 PM

Filing his papers early is a favor to the Bucs. The longer he holds out before filing, the longer the Bucs have to hold his salary on the cap, and in the meantime the Bucs can't go after his bonuses. I imagine that he has agent and lawyers working double-time right now trying to determine exactly how much he would owe (I've seen anywhere between $3MM and $7MM), the likelihood of having to pay the full amount, and how long he can drag out the affair before he has to couch up any real cash.

My point was he said a couple of weeks ago the papers were filed, which is obviously a lie. The Buccs have a lot of cap soace so carrying his cap value until the start if the new NFL year isn't a problem, and the Buccs can't go after his signing bonus until the 2007 NFL year begins.

If we were at $6MM under the cap before signing June, we probably don't have anything left but the rookie pool at this point.  That extra $5MM from Plummer will likely prevent us from making any additional signings (post-draft or June 1 cuts) if not resolve quickly.  Hopefully Bruce can swing a draft-day deal.

gone

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 17, 2007, 01:15:54 PM

Where did you get the 6mill figure?  Last I saw it was 10.  Not great, but we can easily free up more...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 17, 2007, 01:19:44 PM

Where did you get the 6mill figure? Last I saw it was 10. Not great, but we can easily free up more...

http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/2921

$6.5MM

A lot depends on how June's deal is structured, of course.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 17, 2007, 03:51:18 PM

CADILLAC 24 is horrible at thread titles. He shouldn't be, because he starts so many threads.  But he has gotten the thread title wrong so many times.  Here is a perfect example.

Nobody said Plummer is willing to pay back the $7 million, yet thats the title of the thread.  The author says  "he just might be the guy who would pay it. "  Well saying he just might be the guy isn't saying he plans on paying it. 

Come on CADDY get a grip on your thread titles, because you have done this a few times before, post a title that is misleading about the content in order to get people to read it.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#25 : March 17, 2007, 03:55:34 PM

CADILLAC 24 is horrible at thread titles. He shouldn't be, because he starts so many threads. But he has gotten the thread title wrong so many times. Here is a perfect example.

Nobody said Plummer is willing to pay back the $7 million, yet thats the title of the thread. The author says "he just might be the guy who would pay it. " Well saying he just might be the guy isn't saying he plans on paying it.

Come on CADDY get a grip on your thread titles, because you have done this a few times before, post a title that is misleading about the content in order to get people to read it.

I didn't know it was misleading.  I just saw something about the Bucs at Rotoworld.com and posted it.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 17, 2007, 03:57:48 PM

Yes you did know, because you do this on purpose to get readers. You said Plummer is willing to pay back $7 mil.  Thats the title of your thread.  Is that information that was in the article anywhere? No. 

bucs1

Practice Squad
#27 : March 17, 2007, 04:03:42 PM

Yes you did know, because you do this on purpose to get readers. You said Plummer is willing to pay back $7 mil. Thats the title of your thread. Is that information that was in the article anywhere? No.

Why would I do something like that on purpose to get readers. ???   I saw in the headline "Jeff Legwold of the Rocky Mountain News believes Jake Plummer may be willing to pay back his $7 million signing bonus to remain retired."  I didn't know that it was misleading.  I just saw that in the headline.  I guess I must have assumed it was correct information if it really wasn't.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 17, 2007, 04:06:28 PM

"May be". So why did you leave those words out?   Obviously it changes the meaning.

You've done this before more than once, which is why I'm bringing it up. Its not just a typo.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 17, 2007, 04:07:17 PM

If he pays the Bucs 7 million, can they use that money to sign Larry Brackins?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Plummer May Be Willing To Pay Back 7 Million To Remain Retired « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools