Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs should thank Goodell « previous next »
Page: 1

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« : September 08, 2010, 11:57:02 AM »

His position on character issues has caused many teams to look past talent and ability and focus on citizenship beyond any logic. The Bucs have taken the time to investigate a little farther, and have reaped the benefits. We have three WRs and a RB as a direct result. Williams has shown great promise and I believe Parker, Briscoe, and Blount will come through for the team and the community. Williams has shut up the people who objected when he was drafted, and Parker has a growing number of fans. I believe Blount will follow their example. Nobody has really complained about Briscoe. I would love to see him replace Stovall on the active roster. Stovall will never star on anything more than STs, even if he stays healthy (assuming he can GET healthy).

« #1 : September 08, 2010, 11:57:55 AM »

Bledsoe = Briscoe?

« #2 : September 08, 2010, 11:59:43 AM »

Briscoe...

"...Bucs have taken the time to investigate a little farther, and MAY REAP the benefits. "

Agree overall.

I still have not counted out Stovall.    Contract year.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #3 : September 08, 2010, 12:02:04 PM »

I am not convinced all the bad apples have turned out good yet, but I am inclined to agree teams have gone over board lately.  I mean look at Jeramy Stevens, who is still in the league as an example, and they want to put a kid like Mike Williams down.

I hope Mike Williams turns out to be a solid pro, and citizen, for our Tampa Bay community.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #4 : September 08, 2010, 12:09:30 PM »

Bledsoe = Briscoe?

Yes, thank you.

« #5 : September 08, 2010, 12:38:36 PM »

It's funny this topic was brought up. I was just looking at 2011 Draft prospets, and this is what WalterFootball.com says for our 1st round pick.

Quote from: WALTERfOOTBALL.COM
9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
Adrian Clayborn is a top 10 talent, but may slip because he punched a cab driver. However, the Buccaneers have drafted a receiver who quit on his team (Mike Williams) and a corner with personal issues (Aqib Talib), and paid tons of money to an offensive tackle who weighs 370 pounds (Donald Penn), so they don't seem to care much about character concerns.

If Clayborn lives up to his potential and stays off the police blotter, he would be a hell of a complement to Gerald McCoy.
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs should thank Goodell « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools