Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In all seriousness... (usf students) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 19, 2007, 10:14:53 PM

No necessarily.  There could end up being 3 or more teams tied and then the tiebreakers change.  Besides I highly doubt Rutgers wins out.  They caught ligtning in a bottle last night.  I'd be surprised if they didn't slip up at least once more.  Bulls need to just worry about themselves and tryin gto run the table one game at a time (hows that for mixed cliches).

gatorgirl!

Starter

#16 : October 20, 2007, 11:47:26 AM

Thank you BUCFAN4LIFE....That is what I did. That's what many USF alum did. I don't flip flop my allegiance. I'm a gator fan till the end of time....win or lose.

And trust me, I do like to see USF doing well....The team is growing and expanding and that only leads to good things for the school, (hopefully no tuition hikes though! =P). My only problem is some of the fans acting like people owe them something.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#17 : October 20, 2007, 11:44:43 AM

GatorGirl....did you say you are a USF student, but a Gator fan????

On what F'ing planet does that make sense?  Did you go to one high school and root for another too??

Wow.  I think stating something like that should call for an immediate expulsion.  Now I think I have seen it all.

jd
I was a UF alum for undergrad and did my grad degree at USF--- I live and die as a fan by the Gators --  root for USF as well-- but not near as passionate.

USF will be just fine-- They were exposed with some weaknesses and mainly it is the lack of a strong running game with the RB and WR's who do not get open. But they will address those. Grothe is still young. This nat'l spotlight the past few weeks just gave them a huge shot in the arm to recruit. And lets face it, a couple mental errors cost that game-- Otherwise they were in it to win it. How many times does that D actually not wrap up and a WR on a hitch breaks for 69 and a score. They are a good team and I can see them winning out. They are up and coming that can not be denied and everyopne of these painful losses should build character.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 19, 2007, 11:46:14 PM

First we need to deal with Uconn who took care of business against Luisville tonight.  Aided by a horrible call I might add, I guess we weren't screwed last night.  The Big East refs just suck.

creekchub00

Starter

#19 : October 19, 2007, 11:26:14 PM

Rutgers still has West Virginia and a game AT Louisville, not easy by any means.
Our toughest game left IMO is, we have Cinci and Louisville here, I think our defense will feed off the home field advantage and make it tough for both offenses to get any momentum, if we fail in the two games at Pitt and at Syracuse then we can kiss the BCS Bowl good bye, but don't count USF out by any means, and regardless we now have TONS of recognition albeit only for a short period of time, but we have won some DAMN big games the past two to three years, and the university from a athletic standpoint will continue to ONLY get better in recruiting, coaching, facilities, potentially their own stadium in the near future?
One single game doesn't take back the steps, I mean leaps the program has made in the past two seasons!
Go Bulls!

gatorgirl!

Starter

#20 : October 20, 2007, 11:43:56 AM

WOW. Since when has USF been a school with a dedicated fan base...hmm since about 3 games ago? Okay. Apparantly, you've never stepped foot on a USF campus because about 90% of students their have team allegiances lying with another team...that is until USF started to win. USF is and has always been a commuter school, people go there because it's easy or because the program might be better. USF isn't like UF, FSU, Miami, USC....you don't go there because you have grown up watching the Bulls or it's a family history thing.

I'm at USF because the career I'm pursuing has a 10X better job market in Tampa than Gainesville does. I lived in Gainesville for two years to finish my AA, but when it came down to crunch time and getting serious with a job...I had to make my move. I'm now making my resume 10X more impressive with career-related volunteer work, an internship...and a job that is paying for me to get my Masters. Thanks for asking though.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 19, 2007, 08:06:13 PM

I am pretty sure that we are going to be allright from this, nobody really thought this team was number 2 albeit, we have enjoyed hearing about us on ESPN etc. If they can manage to win out, I think the majority of games are pretty easy from here on out, they can still be a team that will get taken seriously. I told my roommate last night that we need to chill out, and concentrate on the Big East Title, we still have a good chance of that!
I hope the team doesn't fall apart after riding so high for quite a while. Rutgers, Louisville, USF, and West Virginia are all good teams, and Cincinatti is coming around with USF I would like to think, a  good conference, some good rivalries getting started, things can continue to only get better, and look at it this way, Ohio State will probably lose to Mich. St. this weekend, and then we would have had the number 1 target on our backs, now at least we can still move forward next year, and shoot for number 1 in the BCS! HAHA
GO BULLS!!

Really, the main downside I see to this is that we lost total control of going to a BCS bowl .... Rutgers wins out and they go.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 19, 2007, 03:10:17 PM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D..Hey I feel Great.. what`s the big deal, it is only a Game

He said USF students .... not Greco Middle School students.

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 20, 2007, 04:46:01 PM

I don't know anyone who thinks USF would "kill"  UF.   But, I know a ton of Gator fans who think UF would kill USF with no logical reason behind it.  My take...in Gainesville Gators win, at Ray Jay, Bulls win....neutral site game...coin flip.

They are pretty evenly matched.  USF has the better defense UF has the better offense.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 19, 2007, 03:00:09 PM

I am a USF Alumni. I started at USF in 1998 during their 2nd year of football. I graduated in 2003 and have been a huge fan of theirs. I was actually all set to walk on until I severed my hamstring tendon shortly before spring conditioning and I was never able to return to 100%, so I never got to join the team. I went to every home game from 1998-2003 and severl road games. It sucked when I moved away, but I just got a job back in the Bay area and I took vacation time for almost every home game.

Anyway, last night was tough for us Bulls fans. Did I think we deserved to be #2? No. Was I going to complain that we were ranked #2? Hell no. Did I think we had a shot at making the national championship game? Yes. If we won out (which was possible...tough but possible). The hardest part is that the Cinderella story is over. We had a chance to shock the world and we failed. Now, I thought the odds of us doing that were slim, but it was fun to think about the possibilities. So, losing last night to a good Rutgers team in the way we did was a hard pill to swallow.

The Bulls only have themselves to blame for that game. Sure there were some questionable calls, but the bottom line is the Bulls had too many mistakes. The didn't forgot to wrap up on the two big plays by Rutgers, they allowed a FG to be blocked (and we only lost by 3), and they had too many stupid penalties (and I am not talking about that last pass interference or the fumbling the ball forward). Do I think the better team won last night? No. But that's why they play the game.

While last night does hurt, the Bulls can still have a successful season. Rutgers still has some tough games ahead. If the Bulls can win out, they still have a shot at the Big East title and a BCS game. While I didn't want the Bulls to lose, this can still turn out to be a good motivating factor for the team. The team is very young, and this little run will surely put USF on the map and help with recruiting. If the Bulls can regroup and take the Big East and get into a BCS bowl game, it will go a long ways towards a great 2008 season.

Last night was a bad night, but I am still proud to be a USF alumni and a huge Bulls fan. Even though we may have blown any chance at being a top 5 team or even getting into the championship game, we can still have a successful season if we win our first Big East championship. The future is also very bright for this team.

GO BULLS!

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

jakedakota

Starter

#25 : October 19, 2007, 02:21:03 PM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D..Hey I feel Great.. what`s the big deal, it is only a Game

creekchub00

Starter

#26 : October 19, 2007, 04:26:39 PM

I am pretty sure that we are going to be allright from this, nobody really thought this team was number 2 albeit, we have enjoyed hearing about us on ESPN etc. If they can manage to win out, I think the majority of games are pretty easy from here on out, they can still be a team that will get taken seriously. I told my roommate last night that we need to chill out, and concentrate on the Big East Title, we still have a good chance of that!
I hope the team doesn't fall apart after riding so high for quite a while. Rutgers, Louisville, USF, and West Virginia are all good teams, and Cincinatti is coming around with USF I would like to think, a  good conference, some good rivalries getting started, things can continue to only get better, and look at it this way, Ohio State will probably lose to Mich. St. this weekend, and then we would have had the number 1 target on our backs, now at least we can still move forward next year, and shoot for number 1 in the BCS! HAHA
GO BULLS!!

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 19, 2007, 01:47:53 PM

I just heard from a friend of mine on campus that USF students are acting miserable.

Seriously, USF students should be proud of their team and how far they've come so quickly. There's no reason to mope around. Enjoy the fact that you were there for the history they've made. Not to mention there's still a great chance to make a BCS bowl game, which will bring USF millions.

Just next time ya get to #2, those of ya that did talk smack and act arrogant, be little more humble. Otherwise you get people like me rubbin salt in those wounds.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 20, 2007, 11:40:40 AM

UConn is the one team in the big east that still controls its own destiny at this point.

If I'm seeing things right, Cincy also controls its' own destiny ...

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 19, 2007, 02:06:13 PM

I just heard from a friend of mine on campus that USF students are acting miserable.

Seriously, USF students should be proud of their team and how far they've come so quickly. There's no reason to mope around. Enjoy the fact that you were there for the history they've made. Not to mention there's still a great chance to make a BCS bowl game, which will bring USF millions.

Just next time ya get to #2, those of ya that did talk smack and act arrogant, be little more humble. Otherwise you get people like me rubbin salt in those wounds.

They have every right to act miserable TODAY .... but then move on to enjoy what could still be a great season.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In all seriousness... (usf students) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools