Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FDA sends warning letters to e-cigarette companies « previous next »
Page: 1

2goodbucs

Starter
: September 09, 2010, 06:14:33 PM

Whole story here- http://www.bradenton.com/2010/09/09/2564400/fda-sends-warning-letters-to-e.html#Comments_Container

I think the Tobacco industry is largely involved on having the FDA put pressure on these e-cigarette companies.

I love this quote ''We are interested in finding out whether e-cigarettes can be proven safe and effective,'' FDA compliance lawyer Michael Levy said in a conference call.

Hmmm... tobacco has been proven to be unsafe and effective on causing cancer.

How about this snippet.."The FDA and public health groups have sounded the alarm, saying they contain dangerous chemicals and are being marketed to children, and the federal agency has halted shipments of e-cigarettes at ports nationwide."

Tobacco is dangerous and tobacco companies still are marketing their products to children.

I truly believe the FDA and the Tobacco industry are married or maybe they merged into one entity after reading this article. Especially when e-cigarette users are growing 20k-30k every week.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 09, 2010, 06:33:07 PM

Dad uses them, they aren't "safe" per se but they are still better than real cigarettes. That's what I don't get why be Puritianical about the issue. My dad has no hope of stopping smoking - he really doesn't want to being the prime issue - but if he's willing to get his nicotine fix via this as opposed to a real cig who cares?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

2goodbucs

Starter
#2 : September 09, 2010, 07:08:40 PM

Good to know! I don't smoke so I was unaware of an e-cig with nicotine. A friend of mine has it and she told me there is no nicotine in it, just a vapor that satisfies the oral fixation. Now I know there is one with and without nicotine.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 09, 2010, 07:57:51 PM

Good to know! I don't smoke so I was unaware of an e-cig with nicotine. A friend of mine has it and she told me there is no nicotine in it, just a vapor that satisfies the oral fixation. Now I know there is one with and without nicotine.

Tell her you know a much better way to satisfy her oral fixation...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 10, 2010, 12:19:32 AM

That gel you put into the vaporizer can have as much or as little nicotine as you want. I think that is the FDA's angle is that they are nictotine delivery systems.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 13, 2010, 10:57:23 PM

i'm sure the state gov'ts will want something to be done. can't lose all that cig tax revenue. that or they'll find a way to levy just as onerous taxes as those on cigs. i never have smoked and will never smoke and ithink it is disgusting but i find it sickening how our gov'ts constantly jack up the cigarette price to supposedly discourage the unhealthy habit yet they make it an integral part of funding pet initiatives. if they are so concerned why don't they just ban them like other drugs.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

replica

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 16, 2010, 10:19:56 AM

I smoked cigarettes for 20 years. I quit in June with the help of an e-cigarette. I have not smoked an 'analog' cigarette since. I feel a lot better, and I do not smell like smoke. I started with the nicotine liquid, now I use the non nicotine liquid. I use it less and less as time goes on, I highly recommend it to someone who wants to quit smoking. Is it dangerous? Probably, but I can't see that it's worse than a pack of winston lights.. check out www.cignot.com , that's where I bought mine. If anyone has a question about it feel free to ask me
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FDA sends warning letters to e-cigarette companies « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools