Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The New Forum « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11

JohnGruden

Starter

#15 : September 13, 2010, 09:48:39 AM

this blows. Why did they get rid of my last account RaheemTheDream

Hammerhead

Starter

#16 : September 13, 2010, 09:56:05 AM

Not sure about this.

bucs63

Starter

#17 : September 13, 2010, 09:59:38 AM

So you guys managed to get ads in the boards. Everything is kinda "vertical". And each message is like a line of text followed by a couple inches of white space because of the user info on the right. Its even worse if I use the browser sidebar.

Too
Much
User
Info
Space>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This is all empty space!

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 13, 2010, 10:00:12 AM

Has anyone figured out the friends thing for the chat area?

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 13, 2010, 10:03:25 AM

Blocking other members is fairly easy. All you have to do is click on that members name it will take you to there profile page. From there all you have to do is click the word "blocking" and that members post are blocked. Back sure you finalize the step by hitting continue with blocking.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#20 : September 13, 2010, 10:06:34 AM

It will take some time to get used to but I do like some of the features.   B)

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#21 : September 13, 2010, 10:06:51 AM

The threads aren't even updated.  The posts from yesterday aren't all here.

player101

Starter
#22 : September 13, 2010, 10:08:03 AM

dalbuc wrote:
Gotta say the poster info on the right not left is non-standard and non-standard is usually jarring.

I can see why they chose the right side for user info but It is a struggle to find natural. I doubt I could get comfortable with it since this is the only forum I have ever seen that has tried this approach and all the other forums I look at have left side user info. We will see.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\"The facts are disputable\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#23 : September 13, 2010, 10:11:11 AM

why did they choose the right side for user info?  im not a fan of having to look away to find out whose thoughts im reading...

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 13, 2010, 10:13:46 AM

Nope, not liking the new design at all. Sorry.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 13, 2010, 10:15:37 AM

Feedback objective:  The new boards, and web site have more features, but appears to be taking the focus away from central attractions.

Feedback subjective:  Instead of red, using a crimson red would be more subtle, and easier on the eyes.  A darker pewter would also work better against a white background.  An option to turn the back round to a differently color would be ideal.

The position of the handle, and avatar location is such that, I am trying to read posts from right to left, instead of left to rightt.  I am not Japanese :kiss:

The bottom bar is very annoying, and the option to remove it would be nice.

The banner at the top is very spartan, and I hope it is jazzed up a bit.

I'll think of more things later.

JohnGruden

Starter

#26 : September 13, 2010, 10:16:17 AM

the old site was better way better

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#27 : September 13, 2010, 10:17:42 AM

WAY TOO BUSY!  I FEEL LIKE I'M WALKING THE STREETS OF TOKYO....AND I'VE NEVER BEEN THERE!!
I'M SURE WE WILL GET USE TO IT, BUT IT JUST SEEMS TOO BUNCHED UP AND NOT VERY USER FRIENDLY....

I'm sure PR was looking for better feedback, but it is what it is.

JohnGruden

Starter

#28 : September 13, 2010, 10:28:57 AM

im gonna start a petion to relaunch the old site

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 13, 2010, 10:30:20 AM

The previous site had a bumpy start as well, as a color scheme that was very jarring.  With some adjustments this site will be fine, but that is why it is important to provide feedback.  :dry:
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The New Forum « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools