Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The New Forum « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#150 : September 14, 2010, 02:21:44 PM

Humans tend to resist change of any kind.

That's not been my point.

There is no question there has been more info available.

The bulk of the problems and the biggest complaint by far, all have to do with the message boards, and I am one of them.
Have never ever seen a MB set up like the present one. Although the content is virtually the same, the format and layout is old and antiquated.It is certainly not user friendly by any means. The speed will adjust, in time.

But not to able to see a display, and difficulty moving from board to board plus the inability to even see what you typed without going way to the right to scroll down is downright disturbing.

I have visited several other sites today, not all Bucs, and find none that are not similar to formats on our previous site.
FWIW, on one board alone I found almost 30 new members whose names I recognize. They all mentioned the new message boards as their reason for going to the other site.

What I wrote above is not whining, as you call it, but a factual statement of a serious problem.

If not addressed, I seriously question whether PR will survive in the short term.
Ad revenue is great, but if they are not getting the hits, ad revenue will go down.

There is no question that PR is superior to any other site with the articles they present.  But if one is unable to respond easily, of what value are the articles and all the other so called bells and whistles?

Read and respond is what MB are all about. Methinks the hierarchy of PR has lost sight of that and are devoting more of their attention to other facets.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#151 : September 14, 2010, 02:22:20 PM

The bulk of the problems and the biggest complaint by far, all have to do with the message boards, and I am one of them.
Have never ever seen a MB set up like the present one. Although the content is virtually the same, the format and layout is old and antiquated.It is certainly not user friendly by any means. The speed will adjust, in time.

But not to able to see a display, and difficulty moving from board to board plus the inability to even see what you typed without going way to the right to scroll down is downright disturbing.

I have visited several other sites today, not all Bucs, and find none that are not similar to formats on our previous site.
FWIW, on one board alone I found almost 30 new members whose names I recognize. They all mentioned the new message boards as their reason for going to the other site.

What I wrote above is not whining, as you call it, but a factual statement of a serious problem.

If not addressed, I seriously question whether PR will survive in the short term.
Ad revenue is great, but if they are not getting the hits, ad revenue will go down.

There is no question that PR is superior to any other site with the articles they present.  But if one is unable to respond easily, of what value are the articles and all the other so called bells and whistles?

Read and respond is what MB are all about. Methinks the hierarchy of PR has lost sight of that and are devoting more of their attention to other facets.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#152 : September 14, 2010, 02:23:06 PM

Garv

Hall of Famer
#153 : September 14, 2010, 02:31:29 PM

Seriously Stan, posting it over and over and over doesn't help. Give it more than 24 hours. That's all it's been, 24 hours. You'll get used to it, it's no big deal. I'm FAR from a computer whiz but have the hang of it.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#154 : September 14, 2010, 02:42:52 PM

Sorry, Garv.

I will not get used to it because I will just post and read a lot less. That may make some happy).

Strongly believe my points are valid and I have supported them with the facts as I know them.

I believe in the new site. It had to come. But to arbitrarily change what has primarily driven this site, with no prior apparent/reported input from members, is just crazy.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#155 : September 14, 2010, 02:50:16 PM

unclestan wrote:
Sorry, Garv.

I will not get used to it because I will just post and read a lot less. That may make some happy).

Strongly believe my points are valid and I have supported them with the facts as I know them.

I believe in the new site. It had to come. But to arbitrarily change what has primarily driven this site, with no prior apparent/reported input from members, is just crazy.

You are correct with everything you've posted, and you're not alone.

bucs63

Starter

#156 : September 14, 2010, 06:11:54 PM

Bump.

The
Format
Is
Still
Crap.

Thanks PR
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The New Forum « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools