Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When fans go beyond just a game! « previous next »
Page: 1

Runole

Hall of Famer
: September 14, 2010, 04:40:22 PM

Reading the account of Chris Rainey it would appear Cervone/Johnson along with boosters are again working their magic.

Summary: Chris Rainey Stalks old girlfriend tells her she is going to die and than when she tells Rainey to speak with law enforcement.  Rainey tells her just wait and see what happens when the cop leaves..

Now miraculously less than a few hours later the girl out of fear for his own personal safety drops all charges after receiving threats from gator fans.

Geeesh!   Is it any wonder there are so many cases of domestic violence at UF?

First the initial report:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/09/14/1824329/florida-wr-rainey-arrested.html

"Time to die"   "Wait and see what happens when they leave."

-------------------------------------------------------------

And "It is all a big misunderstanding"?? Amazing how the gator booster network works on these things!

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/sep/14/141324/gators-rainey-charged-with-sending-threatening-tex/sports-colleges-gators/

-------------------------------------------------------

Again there apparently is only one conclusion that can be reached by this:

Domestic Violence against woman is just not that big of a deal at UF.

That is truly sad!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 14, 2010, 05:04:16 PM

Runole wrote:

Again there apparently is only one conclusion that can be reached by this:

Domestic Violence against woman is just not that big of a deal at UF.

That is truly sad!

I guess that is the only conclusion that can be reached by that, but only if you are a complete fool.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 14, 2010, 08:50:16 PM

Well when it appears that domestic violence against woman by football players seems to occur far too frequently at UF what other conclusion can be reached?

Case after case with all serious charges dropped almost immediately with almost total recantations by the victims?   The girl states that she fears from  fans that have been calling and threatening her.  Do you think this is appropriate fan behavior?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 14, 2010, 09:16:53 PM

The last time a UF player was involved in "domestic violence", he was kicked off of the team.  But don't let that stop you from looking like a moron.  It's nothing new, really.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 15, 2010, 09:51:11 AM

Nothing to fear "Ride my Hog" Huntley is here!!

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBC_T25_FLORIDA_RAINEY_ARRESTED_FLOL-?SITE=FLPET&SECTION=HOME

Amazing!   Most certainly he will be back playing for UF . The only question is will he make Saturday's game against Tennessee?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 15, 2010, 04:19:08 PM

***shakes head***

Once again Runole doesn't even read the article he links.

offensive coordinator Steve Addazio said, "Chris Rainey is not a part of our team right now. That's really all I have to say on that."

Heck, the title of the article was "UF's Rainey 'not part of team right now,' coach says" and still Runole comes to a completely irrelevant conclusion.

Ahab strikes again.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 16, 2010, 11:01:14 AM

When it is stated he is off the team ala a Fred Rouse, Carr, or Fortson I will certainly admit  my prediction is wrong.  

At this point in time while I do think he may miss Tennessee, I sincerely doubt he is permanently kicked off of UF.. That will only occur if he has been adequately replaced.

UF has a well documented history of making these things disappear.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 16, 2010, 01:08:33 PM

Runole wrote:
When it is stated he is off the team ala a Fred Rouse, Carr, or Fortson I will certainly admit  my prediction is wrong.  

At this point in time while I do think he may miss Tennessee, I sincerely doubt he is permanently kicked off of UF.. That will only occur if he has been adequately replaced.

Do research on Gary Brown, oh clueless one.  He was kicked off the team a loooong time ago.  A whole 7 months.

Rouse was kicked off the team for B&E and stealing.  Fortson failed multiple drug tests.  Carr faced multiple felony and misdemeanor charges.  This is the first problem with Rainey.  Should Rainey be kicked off of the team for sending a threatening text message to an old girlfriend, after which they talked things out?  Frankly, I don't care one way or the other because I wanted him to lose carries.  But kicking a player off of any team when this is their first problem might be a bit much.  And comparing Rainey's situation to Rouse's, Carr's, and Fortson's is a comparison only a senile old man with Gator-penis envy would make.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 16, 2010, 05:57:16 PM

According to Dan Sileo this morning, there have been 30 arrests of UF football players since Urban Meyer has been the head coach. That's FAR more than any other program in the country.

The University of Florida has become the new Thug-U.

That school has a problem whether the fans want to admit it or not.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 16, 2010, 09:38:20 PM

Biggs3535 wrote:
Runole wrote:

Do research on Gary Brown, oh clueless one.  He was kicked off the team a loooong time ago.  A whole 7 months.

Rouse was kicked off the team for B&E and stealing.  Fortson failed multiple drug tests.  Carr faced multiple felony and misdemeanor charges.  This is the first problem with Rainey.  Should Rainey be kicked off of the team for sending a threatening text message to an old girlfriend, after which they talked things out?  Frankly, I don't care one way or the other because I wanted him to lose carries.  But kicking a player off of any team when this is their first problem might be a bit much.  And comparing Rainey's situation to Rouse's, Carr's, and Fortson's is a comparison only a senile old man with Gator-penis envy would make.

And who is the QB at Miss State and why is he there?

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 18, 2010, 02:48:28 PM

Kidz do the darndest things in college (anybody remember those Peyton Manning "rumors" from the campus at UT?).

Sometimes kids go to shopping malls and steal shoes and get to play in football games (...before they're forced to miss a few), and sometimes Universities don't figure out the bad eggs until they invest in a kid...

Honestly Run...do you live in a vacuum where the only news comes from the "Tallahassee Democrat"?

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Runole

Hall of Famer
#11 : September 20, 2010, 11:18:08 AM

The White Tiger wrote:
Kidz do the darndest things in college (anybody remember those Peyton Manning "rumors" from the campus at UT?).

Sometimes kids go to shopping malls and steal shoes and get to play in football games (...before they're forced to miss a few), and sometimes Universities don't figure out the bad eggs until they invest in a kid...

Honestly Run...do you live in a vacuum where the only news comes from the "Tallahassee Democrat"?

Nope, I don't even read the Tally Democrap.

I just can see a "Stench" coming out of Gainesville that quite frankly has always been there and never has left.  In 1984 the NCAA identified the problems with some of the most severe sanctions ever levied.  

The only thing that has changed is UF has become far more clandestine than ever with the way they deal with less satisfactory behavior with their football players.

Cervone and his sidekick Huntley "HOG" Johnson do their very best to keep those Football players"thugs" on the field no matter what. I am not naive enough not to realize that BULL GATORS are supplying the "GREEN" to keep Huntley and company happy.  Huntley claims he works PRO BONO?  YEH RIGHT!

Personally I just think the domestic violence problems in Gainesville are aided and promoted by Huntley the "enabler" That UF and Urban just look the other way and let him do his magic is pretty sad. IMO

Hey don't believe my assertion but check it out yourself.  First a link from an Orlando writer..

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2009-06-14/sports/florida_1_uf-johnson-gainesville

Now lets take a look at a bit into the background of Huntley Johnson the fierce defender of gator footballers:

http://deadspin.com/5291398/florida-gators-go+to-lawyer-has-some-issues-of-his-own

And of course if you want to go into full details on the actual case.. Well you be the judge and ask yourself How in the Hell is this guy still allowed to practice law?

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/fl-district-court-of-appeal/1018896.html

White Tiger if you don't see problems with the way things are dealt with in Gainesville there really isn't anything more I can state...  I still can smell a rotten fish when I step on it!

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 21, 2010, 12:27:12 AM

Runole wrote:
White Tiger if you don't see problems with the way things are dealt with in Gainesville there really isn't anything more I can state...  I still can smell a rotten fish when I step on it![/quote]

Actually Run - I rarely think about Gainesville.

Under any circumstance.

I'm not much for reading up on the levels of domestic abuse in or around college towns (lets see, take a total lack of accountability from the "kidz" who're playing house on mommy & daddy's money, add in hormones, popularity, more kids with little to do and lots of money to do it - mix in copious amounts of alcohol and legal and illegal drugs and viola! - instant candidates for [insert reality show here].

This is a goofy argument - you have a few fingers pointing back at you when you aim south....

and regardless of whether it's Tally, Gainesville, Miami, Orlanda or Tampa....it's probably pretty much the same in each city.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 21, 2010, 12:27:12 AM

first the website duplicates my post - then it doesn't offer me a delete button...

Eees FANTASTIC - I LAUWB eet!

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When fans go beyond just a game! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools