Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WEEKLY RANKINGS... « previous next »
Page: 1

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
: September 14, 2010, 06:03:11 PM

NFL Power Rankings came out today and the Bucs are ranked at #28.  We started at #30 so it will be interesting to see how we do if were able to knock off Carolina at home this week.  Obviously the Bucs will NEVER get any respect.  And I get so tired of "flying under the radar" crap....they said the same thing when we won the Superbowl?!
I certainly loved the comment following this weeks ranking: "Tampa will take the victory even though it was blacked out and against watered-down Browns. (Sando)".  So I guess if the Browns had won they would have been ranked higher than #29 where they started at?  Not one mention of the Bucs defense settling down and playing extremely well after those first two touchdowns.  Go back and watch the game and there was a lot more good than bad for a team with a QB on limited playing time, a young defense, and very young receiving corps.  

Other interesting rankings:

Total Team Offense: #21

Total Team Defense: #20

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 21, 2010, 09:28:42 PM

Power Rankings Week #2:

ESPN Team Ranking:  #21

NFL Total Defense:  #15

NFL Total Offense:  #24

I love how the ESPN ranking comments says, "Say goodbye to that 2 win streak with the Steelers coming to town."

2goodbucs

Starter
#2 : September 21, 2010, 09:54:14 PM

If Leftwich is starting this Sunday then I expect more sacks and INT's. Bucs should win this one by a field goal.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 29, 2010, 08:55:59 AM

Power Rankings Week #3:

ESPN Team Ranking:  #20??  Go figure, we get blown out by the Steelers and move up one spot!  I expected nothing less from ESPN!!

NFL Total Defense:  #19        I expected this number to be worse....

NFL Total Offense:  #27        It's official; the Cadillac must be parked to make room for a Peterbilt & Miata.....Blount/Huggins.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 12, 2010, 03:33:03 PM

Power Ranking Week #4: BYE WEEK

ESPN Power Rankings: #23....we don't play and still fall??!!

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 12, 2010, 03:36:34 PM

Power Rankings Week #5:

ESPN Team Ranking:  #16....we moved up 7 positions and in the top 20 since 2008.

NFL Total Defense:  #18....a slight improvement.

NFL Total Offense:  #21....up 6 positions from week #3.  Establish a run game, consistent O-line, and better use of tight ends; Christmas list.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WEEKLY RANKINGS... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools