Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wallace fined ...... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: September 30, 2006, 07:27:35 AM

$7,500.00 for hit on Simms. Says he's a very "compassionate" man and just sick over it.
                                                                                  ::)
I bet he is.

calehawkins

Second String

#1 : September 30, 2006, 07:31:56 AM

Ya, I got the TBO.com Bucs Update last night.  I hate that guy. Does he even start? I think Rucker and Peppers are the starting DEs and Wallace is a backup.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 30, 2006, 07:46:58 AM

I don't know if he's a starter or not and don't care enough to look into it.
I'm just skeptical that it bothers him. Maybe just a little, when he paused after celebrating that Simms won't be a problem in the rematch.

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#3 : September 30, 2006, 08:47:18 AM

It was a nasty hit for Simms to take, he drove him to the ground like a tent peg (said that before)...I have no idea why that wasn't flagged by the refs either

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 30, 2006, 09:36:41 AM

Too bad he wasnt flagged. Wouldve given the Bucs a first and goal. Might not have had to settle for a field goal there.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 30, 2006, 02:34:22 PM

It was a nasty hit for Simms to take, he drove him to the ground like a tent peg (said that before)...I have no idea why that wasn't flagged by the refs either

...and it was at this point that he probably had his spleen blow up, not the end zone "flop", as many have speculated.  But of course no one really knows, excpet that crappy O-line he had in front of him that fateful Sunday.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 30, 2006, 05:25:12 PM

Ya, I got the TBO.com Bucs Update last night.  I hate that guy. Does he even start? I think Rucker and Peppers are the starting DEs and Wallace is a backup.

football is a violent game and injuries happen. he wasn't trying to injure simms when he hit him. 

bucsfan4ever

Pro Bowler
#7 : September 30, 2006, 05:59:43 PM

My question is "Why were the Officials not fined?"  You can see the Ref standing right behind them in all the pics. The whole bloody stadium sees it but ot the Ref whos job it is to "Protect" the QB. ANd what up with Will Allen getting fined 5k for tauting. Guess a bad hit on the QB is not much more than telling someone they are a jerk!  ??? ??? ???

#8 : September 30, 2006, 07:33:10 PM

What makes this fine chicken feed is that Will Allen got whacked for $5G just for running his yap (taunting).

Al Wallace, by all accounts, seems to be a pretty stand-up guy, but only $2500 seperates mouthing off with a crushed spleen?  Gimme a freaking break.

:'(

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 30, 2006, 08:28:18 PM

A lot is being made of that hit, but no one knows when Chris ruptured his spleen.  I didn't even think the hit was all that bad, you see worse every week that don't draw fines.

#10 : September 30, 2006, 08:45:12 PM

you see worse every week that don't draw fines.

My point exactly.

And BTW, it WAS a pretty bad hit.

SimmsandCadillac

Starter

#11 : September 30, 2006, 09:16:37 PM

Too bad he wasnt flagged. Wouldve given the Bucs a first and goal. Might not have had to settle for a field goal there.

Umm, it was called a TD.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#12 : September 30, 2006, 09:38:36 PM

They say the're trying yo "protect" the QBs. I think it depends on the QB. If that was Mike Vick they give him a 50 yd. penalty! >:(

#13 : September 30, 2006, 09:44:46 PM

They say the're trying yo "protect" the QBs. I think it depends on the QB. If that was Mike Vick they give him a 50 yd. penalty! >:(

Exactly Karen.....just brushing Herpe Boy draws the yellow hankie. 

Oldtimer

Rookie

#14 : September 30, 2006, 11:06:15 PM

...and it was at this point that he probably had his spleen blow up, not the end zone "flop", as many have speculated.  But of course no one really knows, excpet that crappy O-line he had in front of him that fateful Sunday.

That one will probably never be determined. But this hit by Wallace could have been the final blow to an already present injury...At least there was some measure of recognition by the league.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wallace fined ...... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools