Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wallace fined ...... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#15 : September 30, 2006, 11:56:32 PM

Who flags/fines the refs for lousy freaking calls? No way Ryan Nece committed an "illegal block", Ronde has had 3 phantom PI calls in 3 weeks, & a 15 yd penalty/fine for talking smack is just bogus! If he got up & said neener-neener-neener is that taunting? Stupid! >:(

calehawkins

Second String

#16 : October 01, 2006, 03:04:16 PM

I'm starting to think the Refs are against the Bucs.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#17 : October 01, 2006, 07:43:58 PM

I think it goes to show if you're winning you get the calls--if you're not, you don't! >:(

calehawkins

Second String

#18 : October 02, 2006, 06:08:40 AM

The Refs are for the Colts too- did you see how they called pass interference on Justin Miller from the Jets- he was looking for the ball!

G-Snake

Rookie

#19 : October 02, 2006, 07:17:31 AM

If Wallace got 7.5k for that, Haynesworth is looking at at least 75,000 for his, and probably 2-4 games.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 02, 2006, 10:24:24 AM

bullshlt. It would've been 1st and goal at the 5 if that penalty is called and the Bucs more than likely win the game. Thanks for doing this after the fact.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#21 : October 02, 2006, 12:33:07 PM

Was the Wallace hit really late-- this still pic shows alot and this is why he wasn't flagged on the field. Sure it was a nasty hit but late-- I have seen alot of folks say it was late and I argued it with one of my Panther friends until I found this picture of the hit and clearly Simms is wrapped while he still has the ball. Now he did drive him into the ground but I am not so sure that was avodiable since Simms jumped on the play to try and get the ball out and over him. Wallace has his face mask buried in Simm's chest and I doubt he could even know if the ball was released or not. From this pic as painful as it was i had to admit I dont think it was late from this picture.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 02, 2006, 12:42:49 PM

Was the Wallace hit really late-- this still pic shows alot and this is why he wasn't flagged on the field. Sure it was a nasty hit but late-- I have seen alot of folks say it was late and I argued it with one of my Panther friends until I found this picture of the hit and clearly Simms is wrapped while he still has the ball. Now he did drive him into the ground but I am not so sure that was avodiable since Simms jumped on the play to try and get the ball out and over him. Wallace has his face mask buried in Simm's chest and I doubt he could even know if the ball was released or not. From this pic as painful as it was i had to admit I dont think it was late from this picture.

He used excessive force to throw him into the ground. That's why he was fined and why it should've have been a flag.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 02, 2006, 12:47:09 PM

He used excessive force to throw him into the ground. That's why he was fined and why it should've have been a flag.

I dunno man.  It is football, the guy is trained to destroy them, and he gets fined for playing like a wildman, something the Bucs need more of.  I like Simms, but Wallace was in the moment, and hard to control that kind of play.  I am sure Wallace wasn't thinking much of anything except punish the QB, which is what it is all about...

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 02, 2006, 01:24:56 PM

I dunno man. It is football, the guy is trained to destroy them, and he gets fined for playing like a wildman, something the Bucs need more of. I like Simms, but Wallace was in the moment, and hard to control that kind of play. I am sure Wallace wasn't thinking much of anything except punish the QB, which is what it is all about...

I'm with ya but it's a rule. Very, very subjective but's it's a rule........

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 02, 2006, 01:28:15 PM

I'm with ya but it's a rule. Very, very subjective but's it's a rule........

So do you agree with the fine?

I don't.  It seems steep.  And I think the refs should be fined a small sum of their gamecheck when they miss calls like this DURING THE GAME. 

I mean Wallace apologized, fwiw (which isn't much), and I think he should have been fined maybe half of that, at best.  But the refs should have been fined as well.  It will definitely keep them 'hyper-alert' come game time.  Lately, the officiating has been par, which is not saying much when you are plus 20 week to week. 

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 02, 2006, 01:31:18 PM

I think Wallace is being made a scapegoat for Simms's injury.  He just did what he is trained to do, and his actions weren't malicious in anyway.  He didn't go helmet to helmet, he didn't hit him late, and he didn't even know Simms had released the ball.

#27 : October 02, 2006, 03:23:57 PM

While i think it should have been flagged, I really didn't think the hit was dirty.  Maybe I'm remembering the wrong hit?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 02, 2006, 03:33:25 PM

So do you agree with the fine?

I don't. It seems steep. And I think the refs should be fined a small sum of their gamecheck when they miss calls like this DURING THE GAME.

I mean Wallace apologized, fwiw (which isn't much), and I think he should have been fined maybe half of that, at best. But the refs should have been fined as well. It will definitely keep them 'hyper-alert' come game time. Lately, the officiating has been par, which is not saying much when you are plus 20 week to week.

I do agree with the fine for the simple fact that it's not necessary to use that type of force. I understand that this is a violent game but a 300lb DL doesn't need to pancake a QB into the ground like that. THe issue is he know better than to do that.... Maybe I'm a little girl for thinking that but shlt, been called worse on here.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wallace fined ...... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools