Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ratings are way up, But ticket sales are down « previous next »
Page: 1

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

: September 15, 2010, 12:03:20 AM

Well the public is still very much interested in the sport of football. Last Thursday's Saints-Vikes game was one of the most watched regular season games in history. Ratings for Monday night's double-header scored another record.

People want to watch football, but they dont want to watch it live in-person anymore. For whatever reason, whether they can no longer afford it because of the economy or rather spend season ticket money on a big screen HD TV, less and less people seem interested in going out to the game.

You got to wonder if we will soon have pay-per-view games. Want to see the Bucs vs. Steelers from the comfort of your home? Sure....just pay $39.99.

DirecTV Sunday Ticket? Who knows. That contract is up in 2014. The price could soar.

How will the NFL and other pro sports leagues adapt to this changing environment if these trends continue?

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 15, 2010, 12:28:48 AM

I love the NFL, but price me out on the TV front and I'll no longer watch. Get **CENSORED**y and I'll go watch baseball or whatever else.

In Verner We Trust

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#2 : September 15, 2010, 03:12:11 AM

All those games you mentioned with high ratings were also sell outs.

bucsmontana

Second String

#3 : September 15, 2010, 05:13:09 AM

I don't think anyone ever questioned the popualarity of football. Didn't last years superbowl set the record for television audience?As far as game attendance goes, every team is different. Some teams have all home games sold out so far, some teams have zero sellouts. Why people aren't going could be a variety of things. Some people are effected by the economy, as some just have no interest is attending.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 15, 2010, 07:00:27 AM

It's time for the NFL to lower the blackout rule to 75% of capacity instead of a complete sell-out. Ticket prices have become too high for your average fan.  Doubt if the NFL can continue with the current blackout rule.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 16, 2010, 12:14:29 PM

Noticed that Jacksonville is selling 3-game ticket packages. Wonder if the Bucs would do something like that, and whether it would even make a difference in sales.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ratings are way up, But ticket sales are down « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools