Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So it's pretty much a forgone conclusion « previous next »
Page: 1 2

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 19, 2014, 01:58:21 PM

The first 3 picks will work out. Maybe Herron or Edwards. Sims will always be a role player so he will be looked at as a bust.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 19, 2014, 04:06:06 PM

Sims will get time. They cannot reach for a guy like that and not play him. Doesn't mean he will be good unfortunately either.

Evans will beast in the nfl, but he and asj "could" have character issues. However, I believe they will serve well here. Out of our top two, asj is the bigger risk though imo.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 19, 2014, 04:20:39 PM

I think Evans will be a star, but not considered Elite. I think he makes his second contract with the Bucs.

ASJ worries me and I think he'll under produce for a 2nd round pick and weight will be his issue. I think he'll be in the league for a while, but won't get a 2nd contract with the Bucs.

Sims - hard to say at the moment, I know so little about him. Could go either way. I think he'll start as the #2 back and if Martin gets injured or plays ineffectively, he could breakout. But with RB's being devalued, not sure he gets a 2nd contract from us.

Edwards - I like Edwards and I'm looking forward to seeing him in training camp. I think he surprises us and becomes a pretty steady player.

Pamphile - Might work out, but it could take years much like it did with Dotson. Not sure he gets enough time with us, might be a player for someone else.

Herron - Could be another Sammy Stroughter type player. Teases with some ability, but ends up on the injury list too often. Reasonably productive when he's healthy.

JMO.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 19, 2014, 04:22:39 PM

I think Evans will be a star, but not considered Elite. I think he makes his second contract with the Bucs.

ASJ worries me and I think he'll under produce for a 2nd round pick and weight will be his issue. I think he'll be in the league for a while, but won't get a 2nd contract with the Bucs.

Sims - hard to say at the moment, I know so little about him. Could go either way. I think he'll start as the #2 back and if Martin gets injured or plays ineffectively, he could breakout. But with RB's being devalued, not sure he gets a 2nd contract from us.

Edwards - I like Edwards and I'm looking forward to seeing him in training camp. I think he surprises us and becomes a pretty steady player.

Pamphile - Might work out, but it could take years much like it did with Dotson. Not sure he gets enough time with us, might be a player for someone else.

Herron - Could be another Sammy Stroughter type player. Teases with some ability, but ends up on the injury list too often. Reasonably productive when he's healthy.

JMO.

I think Evans will be one of those guys who football people love because he blocks on the perimeter and puts up good stats.  With you on the, "he may not make elite" status in the eyes of pundits though.

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#19 : May 19, 2014, 05:46:48 PM

Id say Jenkins. At the end of the day he'll probably a solid but unspectacular TE

gobuxfla

Pro Bowler

#20 : May 19, 2014, 05:54:13 PM

For my prediction I'm going with ASJ.  Something about him doesn't sit well with me.  He's not a great athlete.  Sure he's big but he isn't as physical as his size would suggest and he let himself get too heavy last year at about 280 and underperformed.  Also, he supposedly didn't interview very well for several teams.  Having said that, watch him become a star.  I'm often wrong.

You're wrong. He's got the tools and the ability and now has a real coach. In college ASJ's coaches didn't know how to use him so they bounced him outside in the slot one season then on the OL to help block the next. Talent like this needs to be a 3 tool player and the Univ. of Washington inhibited his development. I think the bust is Pamphile because he just does not impress me to have the NFL caliber skill set to latch on with any team.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 19, 2014, 06:09:43 PM

LOL so many people are so close minded when it comes to the sims pick.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So it's pretty much a forgone conclusion « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools