Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is it too soon to trade Ray Rice for Arian Foster? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

: September 16, 2010, 03:15:07 PM

???

coqui4

Rookie
#1 : September 16, 2010, 03:22:35 PM

That's a joke right? :lol:  It's only week one man. Give it time. I had Ray Rice last and grabbed him this year. He's beast. And you shouldn't be sold on Arian Foster just yet. You'll be losing out on a trade if Ray bounces back and Arian returns to splitting carries the way he did last year.

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#2 : September 16, 2010, 05:52:34 PM

Yeah, im jumping the gone a bit. That Indy game was like Houston's Super Bowl. Plus, Indy has always had a really bad run defense. That one great game for Foster will probably be just one.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 16, 2010, 06:52:55 PM

coqui4 wrote:
That's a joke right? :lol:  It's only week one man. Give it time. I had Ray Rice last and grabbed him this year. He's beast.

I don't think its a joke at all. How much of a beast is Rice when he loses goal-line carries to McGahee and McClain? Between the two of them, they took 16 tds from rice last yr.

Foster will share the goal-line duties with no one and thats why I drafted him in all 3 of my leagues.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

coqui4

Rookie
#4 : September 17, 2010, 10:33:20 AM

Hate wrote:
coqui4 wrote:
That's a joke right? :lol:  It's only week one man. Give it time. I had Ray Rice last and grabbed him this year. He's beast.

I don't think its a joke at all. How much of a beast is Rice when he loses goal-line carries to McGahee and McClain? Between the two of them, they took 16 tds from rice last yr.

Foster will share the goal-line duties with no one and thats why I drafted him in all 3 of my leagues.

Well since I had him last year, I know how much of a beast he is.  Yeah early in the season in '09, goal line carries were given to Mcgahee and McClain, but those two, as you saw Monday night, couldn't even get in the endzone either.  They were playing the Jets, who isn't easy to run on.  His receiving and rushing will come sooner, and so will his td's.  His stats from last year don't lie.  And the year before that, as a backup he had pretty good production.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 17, 2010, 10:58:44 AM

You have to think Rice will lose some carries due to Boldin and Housh arriving. But I think it may be a little too soon to trade Rice for Foster unless the person throws someone else in

Hate

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 17, 2010, 07:10:46 PM

coqui4 wrote:
Hate wrote:
coqui4 wrote:

Well since I had him last year, I know how much of a beast he is.  Yeah early in the season in '09, goal line carries were given to Mcgahee and McClain, but those two, as you saw Monday night, couldn't even get in the endzone either.  They were playing the Jets, who isn't easy to run on.  His receiving and rushing will come sooner, and so will his td's.  His stats from last year don't lie.  And the year before that, as a backup he had pretty good production.

If u were paying attention Monday nite, when they got to the goalline, it was McGahee that toted the pill, AND SCORED....not Rice. And maybe our opinions of a "beast" differs.

While I will grant you that Foster is unproven, he's well on his way to the "beastly" 8 tds Rice had last yr and I prefer to take my chances with the guy who won't have his carries vultured.

I can't wait to revisit this thread in a few weeks.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 03, 2010, 08:15:31 PM

Well, here we are a few weeks later.....

Foster 689 yds from scrimmage 5 tds
Rice 304 yds from scrimmage 0 tds

thoughts?

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 04, 2010, 04:19:08 AM

I hope you did the trade LOL.
Side note. Some dude in my league at the start of the season. Hit the wrong button, traded Benson for Lesean Mccoy. I bet he is happy now

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#9 : October 06, 2010, 09:49:13 PM

Hate wrote:
Well, here we are a few weeks later.....

Foster 689 yds from scrimmage 5 tds
Rice 304 yds from scrimmage 0 tds

thoughts?

My thougts are now I should've listened to Hate! And no I haven't made the trade nor will it appear to happen anytime soon since Foster just didn't end just having one good game. I would've only had to trade him Rice for Foster and LT. Damn! Now in order for me to get Foster he would probably want Rice and Gates/Wayne which AIN'T gonna happen.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#10 : October 07, 2010, 12:06:00 AM

If Foster goes down, pick up Derrick Ward immediately.   That team has a good line and any RB will do good behind that line.

In our league, Foster was drafted in the 2nd round (same guy who picked Mike Williams of the Bucs in the first round)    His team is in last place.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 07, 2010, 04:31:59 PM

Bandot wrote:
If Foster goes down, pick up Derrick Ward immediately.   That team has a good line and any RB will do good behind that line.

In our league, Foster was drafted in the 2nd round (same guy who picked Mike Williams of the Bucs in the first round)    His team is in last place.

Mike Williams in the 1st? LMAO.

I was VERY high on Foster(SBF can confirm that)... so much so, that I took him in all 3 of my leagues. The earliest i took him was the 4th, assuming that no one would grab him any sooner. As it turns out, its my earlier picks that are suckin as Colston still hasn't found the endzone and preseason darling 49ers D showed its first sign of life this past Sunday.

coqui4

Rookie
#12 : October 08, 2010, 05:04:07 PM

Ya. I'll admit, Foster's done well. I'm still shocked that Arian Foster is doing what he's doing. Had him last year and I wanna say the year before too. Still jaded over what a waste of a roster spot he was. I'm still holding onto Rice though. Helps to have Maurice Jones-Drew as my other back after I trade raped a friend of mine to get him. Here's to hoping for a breakout game from Rice.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 09, 2010, 09:10:26 AM

Dude is avg 6.3 yds per carry.... damn!!

danimal09

Starter

#14 : October 09, 2010, 10:04:52 AM

After week one I traded Rice and Fitz for Best, Mattews, and Hakeem Nicks. Everyone in my league was pissed saying I got trade raped, but look at me now. 4-0 =)
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is it too soon to trade Ray Rice for Arian Foster? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools