Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I bet Jake Locker.. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Bucman

Hall of Famer
: September 18, 2010, 08:36:31 PM

Wishes he came out last year  :laugh:
Terrible game, gonna really hurt his draft stock. Wouldve most likely been the #1 pick last year. I doubt he goes Top 5 this coming year

timbuc1021

Pro Bowler
#1 : September 18, 2010, 08:46:31 PM

This year's Jevan Snead...a Todd McShay creation..

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 18, 2010, 09:36:46 PM

In defense of Locker, that's the best defense he's going to play this season.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 19, 2010, 12:37:13 AM

I said going into this year he was the next Javon Sneed. Easiest writing on the wall. Not even a top 3 QB in the pac-10. Yes Nebraska defense is good but he struggled vs BYU. Dude lost 20+ million coming back. Its funny reading UW boards now... went from heisman talk to starting Nick Montana.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 19, 2010, 11:51:27 AM

Top QBs so far are

1.Mallett
2. McElroy-but damn he has a hellava lot of support
3. Terrance Cain-Utah-only played 2 games none against good competition
4. Dan Persa-North Western-hasn't played anyone tough yet

Locker is waaay down the list.

And this year's Rob Johnson award goes to Zach Collaros-Cincinnati for getting sacked 15 times in just 3 games

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 19, 2010, 04:52:19 PM

Andrew Luck has looked pretty good too.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 19, 2010, 06:34:35 PM

So I come back here after an awesome Bucs performance and see 6 new posts in this thread, but Biggs's post is the only one after mine.

These new boards are the East Carolina of MBs, only good for upsetting you.

GameManager

Starter

#7 : September 19, 2010, 09:02:48 PM

I agree. I think Jake Locker is headed down the Jevan Snead road a little bit. I don't think he'll fall off the face of the Earth and become an undrafted FA like Snead did but I wouldn't be surprised if he went much lower than initially expected. Yes, Nebraska has a good defense even after Suh's departure but a guy who's projected to be the first QB in next year's draft should not go 4/20 for 71 yards, 1 TD, and 2 INTs against ANYONE! Ryan Mallett and Andrew Luck are definitely better than Jake Locker. Maybe the other guys that John Galt? listed could be better than him too if they prove themselves against tough competition.

The Tampa Tri-force!!!!!!!!

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 19, 2010, 11:20:27 PM

John Galt? wrote:
Top QBs so far are

1.Mallett

And this year's Rob Johnson award goes to Zach Collaros-Cincinnati for getting sacked 15 times in just 3 games

Mallet could be real good for someone who is willing to be wait on him. I don't think he is the most NFL ready guy. But man he has an arm, probably the best in the NCAA and maybe the NFL once he gets there.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 20, 2010, 12:06:37 AM

You like Cain? The times Ive seen him hes been ok not great. I think Luck is a few spots above him.

John Galt? wrote:
Top QBs so far are

1.Mallett

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 23, 2010, 12:28:07 PM

he was never going to be the #1 pick last year.  he wasn't even going to be a 1st rounder.  he would have come out if he knew he would.  Nobody walks away from $60 million or whatever it was that Bradford got.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#11 : September 23, 2010, 01:28:29 PM

The Rams liked Locker more than Bradford. Locker assumed he could get his degree and still make bank this year. But he is far from it now. Locker wouldve been a first rounder for sure. I'm willing to bet some team who didn't wanna be the team to take Tebow in round 1 wouldve hopped on it.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 23, 2010, 01:42:33 PM

I respectfully disagree.  Don't believe all the pre draft hype you read.  He was given a 2nd round grade and opted to stay in school.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#13 : September 23, 2010, 11:11:43 PM

Skull and Bones wrote:
I respectfully disagree.  Don't believe all the pre draft hype you read.  He was given a 2nd round grade and opted to stay in school.

Even given that. Do you really believe he will again be given that grade? No chance.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 24, 2010, 12:22:23 AM

He would/will have tested good at the combine. So I think he would have been a 1st rd pick last year. This year he will go 2nd IMO. But draft grades mean nothing IMO... I mean I can think of one guy instantly TJ Ward was graded as a 4th/5th rd pick he went near the top of the 2nd. Plenty of dudes drop and climb.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I bet Jake Locker.. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools