Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Week 3 Game day thread « previous next »
Page: 1

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
: September 18, 2010, 04:02:26 PM

Early games:

UGa loses 2nd straight
OSU and PSU handle business.

Michigan D gives up 37 to UMass??????

Now watching UF @ UT. UT's O looks pathetic but UF still can't get that C/QB exchange going.

UT's DL playing tough

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 18, 2010, 04:45:34 PM

Mark Ingram with 119 yards in the 1st Q!!!

I guess his knee is better

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 18, 2010, 05:26:23 PM

Ingram 148 yards 2TDs in the 1st half!!

Had a Bucs flashback when I heard ''Simms intercepted in the endzone ruining a great opportunity"

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 18, 2010, 06:05:27 PM

For the second week in a row, Tennessee's defense looks great for 30 minutes, then, uh, D'oh.

Someone needs to tell Dooley it's a 60 minute game.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 18, 2010, 07:47:25 PM

I'm disliking Steve Addazio more with every passing week.  The offense looks like garbage too much of the game, and it's been that way since he took over.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 19, 2010, 12:39:48 AM

Not many quality teams in the country this year IMO. Watching some of these games are painful. ASU missing an extra point and having a FG blocked from winning in Madison, when last week they struggled with Northern Arizona? Pretty bad year.

A2Buc

Practice Squad
#6 : September 19, 2010, 09:23:16 AM

Michigan played terribly and still won. That is one of the only positive things to come out of the game. It was a classic letdown after two big emotional wins. I'm just happy it wasn't another App State horror. Michigan's defense is not good. They are young and inexperienced and need to drastically improve. Until that happens, they need to outscore teams.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 19, 2010, 11:24:08 AM

OregonBucFan Wrote
Not many quality teams in the country this year IMO. Watching some of these games are painful.

Yep. Lot of teams are on a down year.

Ole Miss losses to a Div II school and now loses to Vandy???

Oklahoma beat Air Force by only 3?? How is that a #6 team?? Iowa?? Wisconsin didn't look like a #11 team in a one point win. Auburn by 3 over Clemson?? At home??

The only teams that have been decisively impressive so far are:

Bama-whipped Penn State
OSU-beat a decent Miami team.
Oregon-crushed NM and beat UT soundly on the road  
TCU-beat Ore State
and maybe Nebraska-hasn't beaten anyone of note yet.

Sorry BSU fans but you play no one including VT.

it seems like there is one dominant team in the major Conferences and a bunch of also-rans. No one in the PAC impresses me after the Ducks. Big 12 looks like Nebraska vs. the field, with Texas and Ok having rebuilding years. Bama owns the SEC West and no one in the East is impressive. OSU's only worry is themselves. ACC and Big East aren't even in the picture as the MWC has more ranked teams than either the ACC or Big East.

And of those teams only Bama has been consistently dominant. OSU is inconsistent at QB, Oregon struggled early at Tenn. but Bama just doesn't make mistakes. They control games start to finish on bth sides of the ball.

IMO, it is Bama vs the field right now.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 20, 2010, 12:02:59 AM

John Galt? wrote:
OregonBucFan Wrote
Not many quality teams in the country this year IMO. Watching some of these games are painful.

Yep. Lot of teams are on a down year.

Ole Miss losses to a Div II school and now loses to Vandy???

Oklahoma beat Air Force by only 3?? How is that a #6 team?? Iowa?? Wisconsin didn't look like a #11 team in a one point win. Auburn by 3 over Clemson?? At home??

The only teams that have been decisively impressive so far are:

Bama-whipped Penn State
OSU-beat a decent Miami team.
Oregon-crushed NM and beat UT soundly on the road  
TCU-beat Ore State
and maybe Nebraska-hasn't beaten anyone of note yet.

Sorry BSU fans but you play no one including VT.

it seems like there is one dominant team in the major Conferences and a bunch of also-rans. No one in the PAC impresses me after the Ducks. Big 12 looks like Nebraska vs. the field, with Texas and Ok having rebuilding years. Bama owns the SEC West and no one in the East is impressive. OSU's only worry is themselves. ACC and Big East aren't even in the picture as the MWC has more ranked teams than either the ACC or Big East.

And of those teams only Bama has been consistently dominant. OSU is inconsistent at QB, Oregon struggled early at Tenn. but Bama just doesn't make mistakes. They control games start to finish on bth sides of the ball.

IMO, it is Bama vs the field right now.

I think Arizona has to impress people so far. They have taken care of business against quality teams. I think they are decent.

I wouldnt give credit to TCU beating Oregon State. Louisville played Oregon State better then TCU, even though they record says otherwise. Louisville put 452 yards on them with a frosh QB in Corvallis. OSU will get slaughtered vs Boise State.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Week 3 Game day thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools