Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dont care what you guys say about the o line. problem is rb. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

: September 19, 2010, 06:09:38 PM

caddy was slow going through the holes.  vision is horrible.

put a jahvid best in our back field and we are a legit team.

tired of the fan love of carnell.  he should not be re-signed, he has 2 knee injuries and has obviously lost more than a step.

lets get a playmaker back there.

o line cant hold blocks all day, only to have the back have horrible vision and not know how to "thomas jones" it, and just get yards +2 by falling forward.

we need a gore / thomas jones type player in our back field.

tired of carnell. over the hill. o line is average. javhid best is running with below average for the lions.

its the back, not the o line.  we need to invest a high pick on rb.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 19, 2010, 06:17:00 PM

i agree he was very slow hitting the holes. watching the lions game , best was hitting the hole fast also the RB for the eagles was fast also.  we need speed at the RB

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 19, 2010, 06:24:11 PM

Mark Ingram!

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 19, 2010, 06:25:46 PM

lol I knew someone was going to watch that game and then think that's all the Bucs need.   You're wrong.  just flat out wrong.   Caddy is no world beater but behind just a decent oline he would have acceptable numbers.   We have a bunch of guys who act tough but really are only good at standing straight up and using their hands to fend off pass rushers.   We don't have any mean guys who will hit a linebacker in the mouth and create a running lane that lets the back get into the secondary and use his moves and quickness.   If we did you wouldn't see us needing to run draws on 3rd and 10 because we wouldn't be in a third and ten situation.

Doug

Second String

#4 : September 19, 2010, 06:26:33 PM

Both of them suck at the moment to be honest. Sucks for us there isn't enough draft picks in 2 offseasons to replace every Gruden pick.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 19, 2010, 06:28:13 PM

I'm no Carnell fan, and this is a stupid thread.  No RB is going to succeed when they are constantly getting drilled in the backfield.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 19, 2010, 06:29:20 PM

Really it's more that teams are selling out defensively to stuff our run game. Reason? We got a young QB, so until we get the reputation of having a good passing game, those LB's and S's are gonna play close to the LOS, daring us to throw, banking on forcing INTs. Freeman was very cool under fire today, so I think eventually teams will start staying back more. Just when that happens, who knows... Meanwhile, Freeman can just keep lightin' it up with his arm and his legs, and we fans will be countin' our W's  B)

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 19, 2010, 06:36:30 PM

Wasting first downs on reverse passes from Spurlock doesn't help either.   I swear that series was the proof that Gruden DNA is in Olson.   Reverse pass, run up the middle, draw play on 3rd and 10, punt.   Weak.    We got the W though and Java is probably throwing an old man tantrum and crapping his depends.

DiSalvo

Starter

#8 : September 19, 2010, 06:42:18 PM

There was no place to run today . Not only wasn't Javid Best going to succeed , neither would have Barry Sanders.

clau09

Rookie
#9 : September 19, 2010, 06:42:39 PM

I might agree about Caddy losing a step but EG had trouble too (yes I know he is not a burner either).  As mentioned in this thread and other threads today, teams are putting 8 guys in the box and daring Josh to beat them and so far he is!  I believe as teams see what Josh can do, it will open up more holes for the RB's to hit and if they do not hit them or the O-line does not open up holes, then we can complain.

Just keep winning and everything will be fine!

Madman

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 19, 2010, 06:42:42 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing what Huggie Bear can do on Sundays.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 19, 2010, 06:45:30 PM

and I don't care what you say about the RB's the panthers lived in the backfield all day long.

very difficult to run when there is absolutely nothing in front of you, Caddy is not the problem.

JM2

Pro Bowler

#12 : September 19, 2010, 06:57:09 PM

Hopefully we see what Huggins can do soon. Kid needs to get healthy first though.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 19, 2010, 07:39:31 PM

IMO, it's the O Line and NOT Caddy or Graham. Others have expressed why that's the case. Kind of hard to run when you're constantly getting hit in the backfield.

lowlife

Starter
#14 : September 19, 2010, 08:15:23 PM

Spread the blame.

The line, TEs, and Graham. They can't create movement or even sustain blocks.
Williams is an uninspiring runner no matter how hard he runs, just not a great athlete.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dont care what you guys say about the o line. problem is rb. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools