Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: S TANARD JACKSON SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY BY NFL « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

TB5219

Starter
#30 : September 22, 2010, 08:37:46 PM

gatorbuc wrote:
First off, I don't recall him being a Pro Bowler.  Second, THIS is why character matters.  Can't count on this idiot.

My facetious tone did not compute....

\"When you find yourself in a position of strength, a position of power or authority, you can go one way or the other. You can be a man built for others, which is all about effort and empathy. Or you can just walk around acting like your better than everyone else, which is basically arrogance and indifference about the world around you.\"
- Joe Ehrmann

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 22, 2010, 09:14:50 PM

Wow; that's a kick in the family jewels.
    Actually, I'd be fine with giving Cody Grimm a shot. He had a very good pre-season and camp playing the S position. Seemed to always be in the right position.  Not sure if it was FS or SS, though.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 22, 2010, 10:01:35 PM

If anything this should teach us that depth is critical. I'm just absolutely frustrated with Tanard Jackson, and feels he shouldn't even be on the team anymore. When your trying to build a consistent football team you just can't have liabilities on the roster, especially if their starters. I'm mostly pissed off that Jackson is a VERY selfish individual. You stop smoking the canibus for the good for the TEAM, the fact that he continues to blow trees should show the fans and coaching staff his personality. Selfish, do weed for your OWN good and risks the chances of hurting his team. Tough pill to swallow, but I'm ready to move on with the guy. Instinctive, rangy, playmaking, and hard hitting player but he is replaceable. Lets be honest, Jackson has never been a sound tackler. He makes plays in the the box but notice he usually makes them in tight spaces where room for the backs is limited. In open field he isn't as sound tackling wise. Coverage ability is good, however, he has flaws that can be exposed. Jackson is NOT a very good athlete, and takes bad angles at times. Jackson isn't a fast flying FS a la Ed Reed, Micahel Griffin, Antoine Bethea, Louis Delmas, etc..... His speed can get exposed by the right teams. Buccaneers have been able to hide his weaknesses for years because how often we let Jackson use his instincts to roam around and play the QB.

Granted he is the best safety on the team and is a top 10 FS in the NFL, he is certainly replaceable. Coverage FS's though warrant high picks because their critical against the pass. I'm not sure who is going to be Jackson's long term replacement but its time to start looking for that person now. And it won't be coming from free agency trust me, because the good FS's don't get cut loose by their teams. Rah knows defensive back talent, he'll get his guy in 11 and be just as good. I'm just curious at this point who are the likely candidates for this possibility. Rahim Moore FS UCLA seems ideal at this point in r2.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#33 : September 22, 2010, 10:30:21 PM

While Jackson will be suspended for the foreseeable future, would not say I'm pissed. I am disappointed more then anything. He not only let the organization down, his teammates, but also his family. Drug addiction is a disease. I feel for the person, not the player.

Having said that, he failed the team and further more the community that he vowed not to let down.

The Bucs are now without arguably there second best defensive back because he lacks the testicular fortitude and mental toughness to deal with his addiction head on. While everyone in life deserves a second chance the Bucs gave Jackson one after his first failed test and four game suspension.

He is now an unreliable player due to the fact that a players best attribute is his availability to the team. It's time to move on and hope whom every steps in at FS can step up and produce in the short term until a capable long term replacement can be found.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 22, 2010, 11:43:41 PM

It's really unbelievable that anyone could be dumb enough to do this twice, especially in two consecutive years. Especially since, from everything I've heard, it isn't even difficult to avoid NFL drug tests because you know when they're coming. That just shows apathy as well as NO self-control whatsoever.

This could really hurt, but if it had to happen to a certain position, safety is probably the best we could have hoped for. We certainly have depth with Lynch, Sabby, and Grimm. Personally, I think Lynch has proven himself more than enough to get the position. He probably isn't the most talented of the 3, but he always gives maximum effort out there.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 23, 2010, 12:18:09 AM

Well thats a kick in the privates.  Just when things were looking good with the team too.  Hopefully someone steps up and grabs the opportunity.

ABuccsFan

Pro Bowler

#36 : September 23, 2010, 01:06:37 AM

What a sorry, selfish, son of a **CENSORED**. I don't care how good he is, this is a team in transition that is at a very critical stage of re-birth. His selfishness will hurt this team's progress. I loved me some T-Jax, but no more. Time to cut ties and move on.

It appears that with T-Jax and Talib's personal problems, Geno Hayes was the best draft pick of the former regime's era.

\"For a brief, shining, moment in history, a select breed truly lived free.\".....Unknown Author.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 23, 2010, 09:29:08 AM

I have to admit that I feel somewhat ashamed in that my first reaction upon hearing this was anger and disappointment that his actions would hurt the defense and therefore the Bucs chances of winning.
I guess I should have been thinking how sad it is that his addiction is so powerful that it made him throw his family, career, money, etc. all under the bus.
Mike Greenberg had a similar discussion this morning about Braylon Edwards 'cause he's a big Jets fan.

Crunchy4582

Practice Squad

#38 : September 23, 2010, 09:38:31 AM

Way to be, Tanard.  UGH.

[img size=300]http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2010/07/Antoine-Dodson-Dumb.gif[/img]
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: S TANARD JACKSON SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY BY NFL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools