Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Possible replacement for T-Jax « previous next »
Page: 1 2

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#15 : September 22, 2010, 09:14:39 PM

Anywho.....

For the future, I'd like to see Talib and Biggers as our starting CBs, with Myron Lewis at FS, and Cody Grimm at SS. All that leaves is a good nickel CB to find (Mack ain't it) and I think that could be a very good secondary.

When you look at our safeties of the past, they aren't great HoF players. Jermaine Phillips, Dwight Smith, Dexter Jackson, even the great John Lynch. They weren't freak athletes. They were all just dependable smart guys that you could count on to be in position and make the tackle. I think Grimm fits that mold well. Not so sure about Myron yet, might be some wishful thiniing, but I do think he stands a much better chance of working out at FS, then he does working out at CB.

I'll still be watching for Larry Asante, Kam Chancellor, Darrell Stuckey, or Akwasi Ansah to be slipped to the practice squad anytime this year. If we could steal one of these guys this year, it would save us from having to draft another safety next year.

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#16 : September 22, 2010, 09:24:44 PM

JDouble wrote:
Anywho.....

For the future, I'd like to see Talib and Biggers as our starting CBs, with Myron Lewis at FS, and Cody Grimm at SS. All that leaves is a good nickel CB to find (Mack ain't it) and I think that could be a very good secondary.

When you look at our safeties of the past, they aren't great HoF players. Jermaine Phillips, Dwight Smith, Dexter Jackson, even the great John Lynch. They weren't freak athletes. They were all just dependable smart guys that you could count on to be in position and make the tackle. I think Grimm fits that mold well. Not so sure about Myron yet, might be some wishful thiniing, but I do think he stands a much better chance of working out at FS, then he does working out at CB.

I'll still be watching for Larry Asante, Kam Chancellor, Darrell Stuckey, or Akwasi Ansah to be slipped to the practice squad anytime this year. If we could steal one of these guys this year, it would save us from having to draft another safety next year.

Ill be sure to pass on your request to Rah. ;)

bucs63

Starter

#17 : September 22, 2010, 09:42:50 PM

During the preseason there were times that Sabby and Jones were on the field together so Rah knows what he has with those two. Is there a chance that he knew this was going to happen?

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 22, 2010, 10:41:41 PM

If you're talking short term it will most likely be a player on the roster, due to the fact the Bucs are a hybrid defense know running multiple fronts with the 4-3-4, 5-3-3 and 3-3-5 with a host of different back end coverages from zone to man-to-man that will cause any player signed a steep learning curve.

Long term a player like DeAndre McDaniel of Clemson would be the player I would target as he has great range in coverage and is a ball hawk while also being a physical tackler both in the open field and in space.

In 43 games played thus far during his college career he has 12 interceptions, 217 tackles, 19 tackles for loss, 4 forced fumbles, 2 sacks, 2 touchdowns, and 12 passes defensed.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 22, 2010, 11:18:43 PM

Cody Grimm is the back up FS but I doubt the Bucs go by that. Looks like our safety play is gonna get even worse.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 22, 2010, 11:27:22 PM

I dunno who should play. Part of me says just throw the younger guys in but the other part says that Sabby should get a shot at playing FS. Ive always thought of Sabby as a FS anyways. We just had TJack there. Sabby has good ball skills so he could pick off some passes too. He wont be TJack but at least hes got experience. The thought of having Grimm or Lynch in there seems ok since we are already the youngest team in the NFL. The Bucs werent going anywhere special this year with TJack or without.

lowlife

Starter
#21 : September 22, 2010, 11:37:04 PM

Sabby is going to start. He's the backup at both spots and has spelled Jackson before.

Neither Lynch nor Grimm have any experience at Free. Lynch has a shot due to having overall experience, but he probably won't get the nod.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#22 : September 23, 2010, 02:14:37 AM

bucs63 wrote:
During the preseason there were times that Sabby and Jones were on the field together so Rah knows what he has with those two. Is there a chance that he knew this was going to happen?

You bet your azz he did.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

bucfan33

Pro Bowler
#23 : September 23, 2010, 01:13:58 PM

DiSalvo wrote:
Give Sabby another shot. The guy has all the talent in the world , maybe now is the time he finally puts it all together.

...and he can't take any worse angles than Cokehead Jackson took on that Massaqoui TD....

Don't have any possible idea how you can say "The guy has all the talent in the world". He had a full season as a starter to show something and he never did. He can't tackle, can't cover and seems lost out there at times. I sure would like to see either Lynch or Grimm get a shot before having to watch "Sabby the Poser" strutting around after he might get involved in any play.

DiSalvo

Starter

#24 : September 23, 2010, 01:50:36 PM

bucfan33 wrote:
DiSalvo wrote:
Give Sabby another shot. The guy has all the talent in the world , maybe now is the time he finally puts it all together.

...and he can't take any worse angles than Cokehead Jackson took on that Massaqoui TD....

Don't have any possible idea how you can say "The guy has all the talent in the world". He had a full season as a starter to show something and he never did. He can't tackle, can't cover and seems lost out there at times. I sure would like to see either Lynch or Grimm get a shot before having to watch "Sabby the Poser" strutting around after he might get involved in any play.

By talent, I mean physical talent. The guy is 6'3 225 pounds and runs like a deer.

bucs63

Starter

#25 : September 24, 2010, 02:57:24 PM

Ok, Grimm gets the FS spot. Now who is going to get the roster spot that's open. Do they bring someone up from the PS?

Any insight PR? Anyone?

40freighttrain

Second String

#26 : September 24, 2010, 04:39:33 PM

In another thread, someone suggested Brandon Carter could fill the new roster opening. Not a bad idea.

Rahim Moore, S, UCLA next April if we don't go DE first (which we should). But 10 interceptions last year? yikes!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Possible replacement for T-Jax « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools