Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS-STEELERS WILL BE BLACKED OUT « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

PewterReportCC

Hall of Famer
: September 23, 2010, 01:41:51 PM

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=6039:&Itemid=15

player101

Starter
#1 : September 23, 2010, 01:43:54 PM

That sucks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\"The facts are disputable\"

2goodbucs

Starter
#2 : September 23, 2010, 01:44:37 PM

Lets show them old school NFL execs that we can watch the game online. Loop Hole the Black Out Sunday!!

baybuc35

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 23, 2010, 01:46:23 PM

2goodbucs wrote:
Lets show them old school NFL execs that we can watch the game online. Loop Hole the Black Out Sunday!!

lol show them up man.. also showing that you rather do that on your little computer than go to the game.. you must be a big fan

2goodbucs

Starter
#4 : September 23, 2010, 01:48:52 PM

baybuc35 wrote:
2goodbucs wrote:

lol show them up man.. also showing that you rather do that on your little computer than go to the game.. you must be a big fan

Hmmm, should I pay my bills and feed my family or should I not do that and spend it on me and my family to go to the game.....

Doug

Second String

#5 : September 23, 2010, 01:51:01 PM

How many tickets were left?

baybuc35

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 23, 2010, 01:52:27 PM

2goodbucs wrote:
baybuc35 wrote:
2goodbucs wrote:

Hmmm, should I pay my bills and feed my family or should I not do that and spend it on me and my family to go to the game.....

money is that bad for you right now but you have time to set on pewterreport message board and post at 150 in the middle on the day and have internet and and then sit in front of you computer on sunday on your butt streaming illegal footage of a football game rather than going and getting another job or finding way to make ends meet... something does not add up here?

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 23, 2010, 01:54:17 PM

Really surprised at this. The Steelers fans always travel well and I would think there would be a bunch of Pittsburgh retirees down there. Heck, there's even a bar in St. Pete for transplanted Pittsburgh people to watch games in all seasons. Called Pittsburgh Pete's or something like that.

2goodbucs

Starter
#8 : September 23, 2010, 01:56:25 PM

It adds up to priorities first. Family 1st, everything else doesn't matter.

baybuc35

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 23, 2010, 01:58:33 PM

2goodbucs wrote:

Yeh i can see what you saying buy actions dont speak this...

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 23, 2010, 02:07:49 PM

So... how do we complain to the NFL.

The NFL's official website states our comments are to be directed to the NFL website only and not the actual league. They also proceed to offer no clues on how to contact the league. I'm not asking to get Roger Goodell's personal email, I could care less who it is. Just wanted to vent about a stupid archaic blackout rule.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#11 : September 23, 2010, 02:13:22 PM

Oh well, since they are playing the Steelers, it is being shown in Georgia on the local affiliate!!

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 23, 2010, 02:13:30 PM

baybuc35 wrote:
2goodbucs wrote:

Yeh i can see what you saying buy actions dont speak this...
baybuc, who the hell are you to judge someone and tell him to go get a 2nd job just so he can buy Bucs tickets? You don't know the guys situation.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 23, 2010, 02:19:02 PM

Reported on PFT linked to PR...

Bucs can't manage blackout against the Steelers
Posted by Mike Florio on September 23, 2010 2:04 PM ET
As the old saying goes, close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.  In 2009, close (or, as the case may be, not close) counted in Tampa, where the Bucs routinely bought up unsold non-premium tickets to ensure the local broadcast of home games.

But in 2010, close doesn't count in Tampa.  Per PewterReport.com, the Week Three home game against the Steelers will not be televised locally, given a surplus of "a few thousand tickets."

It's a surprising development, given the manner in which Steelers fans usually flock to road games.  

Even more surprising is the stubborn refusal of the Bucs, who have spent only $80.8 million on player compensation in 2010, to write a check for 34 cents on the dollar as to each unsold seat.  Assuming 3,000 unsold tickets and an average price of $100 per seat, it would cost roughly $100,000 to ensure the local broadcast of a battle between 2-0 teams.

The fact that the blackout is now official, 72 hours before kickoff, tells us that the Bucs didn't even bother to ask for an extension in the hopes of selling the remaining seats, or possibly working with sponsors and/or the local CBS affiliate to come up with the necessary cash.

Though teams are by no means required to ensure that their games will be broadcast locally, the fact that the Bucs won't do it for a compelling Week Three game even though last year they routinely bought plenty of tickets to ensure that far less compelling games would be broadcast in Tampa seems odd at best -- and it will do nothing to quiet those who believe that the family that owns the Buccaneers and the Manchester United soccer club are having cash-flow issues.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#14 : September 23, 2010, 02:46:48 PM

What a spiteful move by the Glazers. I defended the Glazers blacking out the first game with 20,000 unsold tickets. I have defended them strongly over the last year against those who have argued that their financial situation is hurting the team, but this move is clearly aimed at punishing Tampa Bay fans for not having been more loyal. I paid $75 a piece for third level seats to go to the Browns game. I had to buy 8 waters to keep me and my kids hydrated since they insist on selling them without caps, which they claim can be used as weapons (unlike the beeds being projectiled off of the ship). I did all of this because I was confident that the team was better than people were giving them credit for and deserved some crowd noise to help get off to a good start. Now the Glazers don't even ask for a day extension to see if they can sell the 3,000 remaining seats, seats that are all certainly overpriced for the section they are in. The Glazer's want to teach fans a lesson. They want to tell fans that if we don't buy season tickets we dont' get to see the game. What I have learned is that the petty Glazers will never get another dollar of mine.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS-STEELERS WILL BE BLACKED OUT « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools