Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How/why is it possible « previous next »
Page: 1 2

wampuscatiam

Second String

: September 24, 2010, 12:10:19 AM

That we as fans don't get to watch the Bucs game on Sunday when they are playing in our stadium?  How does that happen, we pay for the stadium that the Bucs play in and with a few thousand tickets left they turn their greedy, money hungry eyes the other way and the game is blacked out and we don't get to watch a game being played in OUR stadium.........  How is that right?   Stadiums are being built all over the country by tax payers and then we the tax payers don't get to watch them play unless the stadium is full.

A BUNCH OF ISH

BP1

Pro Bowler

#1 : September 24, 2010, 12:19:33 AM

wampuscatiam wrote:
That we as fans don't get to watch the Bucs game on Sunday when they are playing in our stadium?  How does that happen, we pay for the stadium that the Bucs play in and with a few thousand tickets left they turn their greedy, money hungry eyes the other way and the game is blacked out and we don't get to watch a game being played in OUR stadium.........  How is that right?   Stadiums are being built all over the country by tax payers and then we the tax payers don't get to watch them play unless the stadium is full.

A BUNCH OF ISH

Well in that case we should get in free. :woohoo:

Hate

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 24, 2010, 12:22:36 AM

Thats exactly what i was thinkin.

What really cracks me up is the ones that don't buy tix are the ones expecting the Glazers to fork out hundreds of thousands of $$ weekly to buy them up. These guys are in business to make $$, not give it away.

Wanna c the game, stop whining and buy tix.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 24, 2010, 12:27:59 AM

bingoooo

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 24, 2010, 01:47:06 AM

wampuscatiam wrote:

A BUNCH OF ISH

How do you think they are able to pay the rent to "us" on "OUR" stadium? Could it possibly be by selling tickets to the games?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 24, 2010, 02:12:44 AM

Well, its the rule. Its a rule that they made yeaaars ago and havent changed yet. Blame that on the NFL. They havent kept up with the technology these days. If it were up to them they would make sure HD tvs never came out. Face it, fans are more comfortable than ever so the blackout rule needs to be changed. Its up them really. TB is a bandwagon city and it will be like that till we have consistent teams. Which is tough in a city when you have half the fans show up.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 24, 2010, 02:33:57 AM

BucBalla85 wrote:
Well, its the rule. Its a rule that they made yeaaars ago and havent changed yet. Blame that on the NFL. They havent kept up with the technology these days. If it were up to them they would make sure HD tvs never came out. Face it, fans are more comfortable than ever so the blackout rule needs to be changed. Its up them really. TB is a bandwagon city and it will be like that till we have consistent teams. Which is tough in a city when you have half the fans show up.

To me the solution is easy. If more and more people are preferring to watch the games from the comfort of their homes, then tv ratings should correspondingly go up and so should tv revenue. Reduce ticket prices to the games so supply meets demands. Revenue will grow as long as the combined tv/stadium audiences continue to grow.

DiSalvo

Starter

#7 : September 24, 2010, 07:31:49 AM

It's a good question though . If we as the taxpayers own the stadium , how can they black it out from us ??

We should be able to say , " Oh , you're blacking out the game?? Fine , you can't play there. Enjoy playing your home games at Plant High School , LOL " :P

jbear

Pro Bowler

#8 : September 24, 2010, 09:58:16 AM

CyberDilemma wrote:
BucBalla85 wrote:

To me the solution is easy. If more and more people are preferring to watch the games from the comfort of their homes, then tv ratings should correspondingly go up and so should tv revenue. Reduce ticket prices to the games so supply meets demands. Revenue will grow as long as the combined tv/stadium audiences continue to grow.

This is what I think too.  I don't think this is all about the economy I think its partly due to how good the home experience has gotten, and Americans getting more tuned in to staying indoors in the A/C.  I'm always hearing from people as an excuse for not going to the game that "It's too hot".  I think the NFL needs to focus on generating more revenues from television so that they can lower ticket prices, and make the fan experience better at the games.  Consessions should be cheaper, some thought should be put into getting some shade to as many places as possible inside the stadium.  Maybe misters, whatever they can do to make it better and cheaper because I don't think this problem is going away even if the economy gets better.  They need us in the stadium just to sell NFL games on TV.   Its a dull product when you don't have the excitement of a crowd.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 24, 2010, 10:03:11 AM

Hate wrote:
Thats exactly what i was thinkin.

What really cracks me up is the ones that don't buy tix are the ones expecting the Glazers to fork out hundreds of thousands of $$ weekly to buy them up. These guys are in business to make $$, not give it away.

Wanna c the game, stop whining and buy tix.

There are plenty of folks who can't go to the game for various reasons, be it financial, physical, distance, etc..

The Glazers are under no obligation to buy up remaining tickets for everyone to see the game, obviously.  But with there being so few remaining, it would be a wise business move them since they are still getting TV revenue money.  I had no problem with them letting Game 1 go blacked-out since there were so many tickets left, but this one is feasible for them to eat a couple thousand tickets so their entire fanbase can see the game.

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#10 : September 24, 2010, 10:06:32 AM

DiSalvo wrote:
It's a good question though . If we as the taxpayers own the stadium , how can they black it out from us ??

We should be able to say , " Oh , you're blacking out the game?? Fine , you can't play there. Enjoy playing your home games at Plant High School , LOL " :P

You sir are a f'ing loser tool. All you have done on this board is **CENSORED** and wine, **CENSORED** and wine. You want a little cheese with your wine while you watch the game on fuzzy stream. Why don't you buy a ticket FAN? Instead you just cry and **CENSORED**. Then cry and **CENSORED** some more.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#11 : September 24, 2010, 10:10:07 AM

DiSalvo wrote:

Plant High is ours too!   :P

DiSalvo

Starter

#12 : September 24, 2010, 10:32:23 AM

PWNASAURUS wrote:
DiSalvo wrote:

You sir are a f'ing loser tool. All you have done on this board is *censored* and wine, *censored* and wine. You want a little cheese with your wine while you watch the game on fuzzy stream. Why don't you buy a ticket FAN? Instead you just cry and *censored*. Then cry and *censored* some more.

Funny because it sounds like you are the one whining .  I think it's pretty apparent that I don't give a sh*t.  B)

I will watch the game regardless , be it by stream or by Sling Box, so bite me  :woohoo:

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#13 : September 24, 2010, 12:12:32 PM

DiSalvo wrote:
PWNASAURUS wrote:
DiSalvo wrote:

You sir are a f'ing loser tool. All you have done on this board is *censored* and wine, *censored* and wine. You want a little cheese with your wine while you watch the game on fuzzy stream. Why don't you buy a ticket FAN? Instead you just cry and *censored*. Then cry and *censored* some more.

Funny because it sounds like you are the one whining .  I think it's pretty apparent that I don't give a sh*t.  B)

I will watch the game regardless , be it by stream or by Sling Box, so bite me  :woohoo:

Your picture shows how much you know. Which ain't much.  :laugh:

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#14 : September 24, 2010, 01:33:43 PM

wampuscatiam wrote:

A BUNCH OF ISH

Buy a ticket - your problem is solved.  :blink:

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How/why is it possible « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools