Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How/why is it possible « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#15 : September 24, 2010, 02:19:33 PM

wampuscatiam wrote:
That we as fans don't get to watch the Bucs game on Sunday when they are playing in our stadium?

Them's the rules.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#16 : September 24, 2010, 02:24:46 PM

Biggs3535 wrote:
Hate wrote:
Thats exactly what i was thinkin.

What really cracks me up is the ones that don't buy tix are the ones expecting the Glazers to fork out hundreds of thousands of $$ weekly to buy them up. These guys are in business to make $$, not give it away.

Wanna c the game, stop whining and buy tix.

There are plenty of folks who can't go to the game for various reasons, be it financial, physical, distance, etc..

The Glazers are under no obligation to buy up remaining tickets for everyone to see the game, obviously.  But with there being so few remaining, it would be a wise business move them since they are still getting TV revenue money.  I had no problem with them letting Game 1 go blacked-out since there were so many tickets left, but this one is feasible for them to eat a couple thousand tickets so their entire fanbase can see the game.

My guess is that the number of tickets available is larger than whatever it is being put out there otherwise Ch 10 would buy up the remainder. They would easily benefit from the advertising.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#17 : September 24, 2010, 05:41:58 PM

I think the Glazers should have taken a gamble and bought tickets for the 1st home game in  hopes of an exciting game producing a must see buzz and then let the rest of the games sales be what they may.

As for the OP, get a grip.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 24, 2010, 07:24:07 PM

Biggs3535 wrote:
I had no problem with them letting Game 1 go blacked-out since there were so many tickets left, but this one is feasible for them to eat a couple thousand tickets so their entire fanbase can see the game.

Not while their stance in labor negotiations is that they're losing $$.

-------------------------------------------------------

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 24, 2010, 09:02:15 PM

Hate wrote:
Biggs3535 wrote:
I had no problem with them letting Game 1 go blacked-out since there were so many tickets left, but this one is feasible for them to eat a couple thousand tickets so their entire fanbase can see the game.

Not while their stance in labor negotiations is that they're losing $$.

The Buccaneers are claiming they are losing money?

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How/why is it possible « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools