Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Week 4 CFB « previous next »
Page: 1 2

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

: September 24, 2010, 12:30:27 AM

Starting to get into conference play. Lets hear some TALK.

Ill be in Tempe seeing a friend and will be at the Oregon/ASU game.

Looking forward to Bama/Arkansas... I think Bama loses one since all the teams they play basically have byes, IDK if its this one.
Boise/OSU... Boises last test, but they are favored by 18.5 and probably cover. OSU defense is beyond awful so far.
Stanford/ND... hoping Stanford and Oregon take care of business, because next week will be huge if they do.
WVU/LSU... should be interesting only time ive seen these 2 play both looked unimpressive
Arizona/Cal... see if Zona keeps playing well after the big win last week, and see if Cal bounces back.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 24, 2010, 05:26:01 PM

Bama is at Ark this week, home for Florida next week. If they sweep those 2, I don't see anyone beating them.

I think Arkansas matches up better and has the better shot at the upset, plus they are at home.

LSU has no O, so a WVU win wouldn't surprise me.

I'm pulling for OSU, but doubt they can keep up with Boise.

#12 South Carolina at#17 Auburn should be a good game. Garcia is a pretty good passer vs Cam Newton's scrambling. Both have good Ds

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 25, 2010, 07:23:16 PM

Well, Bama v Ark was a hellava game. Mallett is something special. But so is Ingram. The difference was Bama's D.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 25, 2010, 07:49:38 PM

Lead Pipe stone cold guaranteed lock of the week:

UGa vs Miss State-take the Bulldogs, you can't lose.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#4 : September 25, 2010, 07:50:15 PM

John Galt? wrote:
Well, Bama v Ark was a hellava game. Mallett is something special. But so is Ingram. The difference was Bama's D.

Mallett is garbage, he lost them the game and didn't seem to care either. He is Ryan Leaf.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 25, 2010, 08:12:32 PM

Florida's offensive gameplan actually looks like they put some thought into it tonight.  Congrats Coach Addazio.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 25, 2010, 09:06:04 PM

So did anyone see UCLA beating Texas?? And they gutted Tex by running it right up the middle for 240+.

Next week Texas has Ok, so maybe they were looking ahead, but I think they were just overrated. Best team in the Big 12 is Nebraska.

In other news, Florida's Brantley throws his first pick since 2008, not that it matters score wise since UF just picked KY and took it to the house.

Florida's D now has 12 INTs thru 3 1/2 games. Best DBs in the country? I'd say yes.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 25, 2010, 09:52:28 PM

5 TDs for UF's backup/wildcat QB-Trey Burton, 4 rushing and 1 receiving. I don't know why UK hasn't figured out that if the QB is wearing 8 rather than 12, it is a QB keeper. ???

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 25, 2010, 10:09:57 PM

John Galt? wrote:
5 TDs for UF's backup/wildcat QB-Trey Burton, 4 rushing and 1 receiving. I don't know why UK hasn't figured out that if the QB is wearing 8 rather than 12, it is a QB keeper. ???

Make that 6 TDs, again he is not a starter and the starter is not hurt. He has been in on 9 snaps and has 6 TDs.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 25, 2010, 10:10:04 PM

Burton is an impressive player.  He's actually a pretty good passer too, if he ever gets to show that off.  We'll see how well he can read defenses in the future.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 25, 2010, 10:10:51 PM

How about that left handed pass? he is right handed.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#11 : September 25, 2010, 10:28:01 PM

One of my pet peeves-fake stats. KY's Locke has 106 yards rushing but half of those came when down by 34 and running against a prevent D with under 3 minutes.

and how many yards did Pryor put up in that blow out mess vs a Div II team?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 25, 2010, 10:33:19 PM

John Galt? wrote:
#12 South Carolina at#17 Auburn should be a good game. Garcia is a pretty good passer vs Cam Newton's scrambling. Both have good Ds[/quote]

4 lead changes and Auburn up by a missed XP 28-27

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#13 : September 25, 2010, 11:00:25 PM

Both Auburn and South Carolina are very good teams.  Gene Chizik and Gus Malzahn with Cam Newton could surprise in the SEC West...

Auburn almost beat Alabama last season.  This year, Alabama isn't quite as good and Auburn is a little better.  Should be a good game.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#14 : September 25, 2010, 11:25:48 PM

Biggs3535 wrote:
Both Auburn and South Carolina are very good teams.  Gene Chizik and Gus Malzahn with Cam Newton could surprise in the SEC West...

Auburn almost beat Alabama last season.  This year, Alabama isn't quite as good and Auburn is a little better.  Should be a good game.

I hate Auburn, have since the Pat Dye days. And it annoys me that so much is made of all the Florida players that have been arrested, but the one that was arrested for theft (of a lap top) and kicked off the team, can be picked up by Auburn and made their starting QB, but NO ONE says anything about Auburn being dirty. Isn't signing a known felon worse than signing an unknown kid that later commits a felony???

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Week 4 CFB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools