Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: this is the kind of intensity we need in the middle of our D « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Hate

Hall of Famer
: September 24, 2010, 08:03:11 PM

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Doug

Second String

#1 : September 24, 2010, 08:05:04 PM

Sucks for us too that there isn't one standout MLB (from what I'm seeing) in the 2011 draft.

EDIT: This Quan Sturdivant out of NC looks interesting.

Capt Kidd

Starter
#2 : September 24, 2010, 08:18:32 PM

That's not intensity, that's just stupidity. He had the guy stopped and gave up a cheap 15 yds. But that's why they're the Faders. Don't need it here.

lowlife

Starter
#3 : September 24, 2010, 08:21:18 PM

Hightower will be a better player, McClain is overrated.
Greg Jones is the truth.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 24, 2010, 08:21:55 PM

Cost him $5000 today......but I still like the intensity.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 24, 2010, 08:26:57 PM

There are 15 yd penalties and 15 yd penalties. That was a "15 yd penalty".  If McClain had not put him down to the ground the receiver could have made a couple more yds. That could have been the difference between a 1st down or not. If I am the HC, I would have said, stuff happens., get on with it.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 24, 2010, 08:36:17 PM

Capt Kidd wrote:
That's not intensity, that's just stupidity. He had the guy stopped and gave up a cheap 15 yds. But that's why they're the Faders. Don't need it here.

two runs right at Ruud = 15 yds.... whats the difference?

Capt Kidd

Starter
#7 : September 24, 2010, 08:42:52 PM

spartan wrote:
There are 15 yd penalties and 15 yd penalties. That was a "15 yd penalty".  If McClain had not put him down to the ground the receiver could have made a couple more yds. That could have been the difference between a 1st down or not. If I am the HC, I would have said, stuff happens., get on with it.

Newsflash: The receiver didn't make the two extra yards and wouldn't have with a correct tackle. McClain GAVE him a first down and more.

The difference between that and Ruud giving up two 7-1/2 yd runs and that boneheaded penalty is that McClain demoralized his teammates and fired up the offense.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 24, 2010, 08:47:51 PM

Capt Kidd wrote:
spartan wrote:

Newsflash: The receiver didn't make the two extra yards and wouldn't have with a correct tackle. McClain GAVE him a first down and more.

The difference between that and Ruud giving up two 7-1/2 yd runs and that boneheaded penalty is that McClain demoralized his teammates and fired up the offense.

You must have missed the part where his team mates are all high 5ing him after the play.  Demoralized? ...........   Dude.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 24, 2010, 09:25:40 PM

Capt Kidd wrote:

Demoralized his teammates? Are you joking? Dude, this ain't powderpuff.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 24, 2010, 09:33:17 PM

Ahh the Ruud bashfest continues...

Imagine that...Ruud has looked GOOD since the switch back to Tampa 2. He has a FF and is stopping guys at the line.

People need to quit thinking every MLB are Ray Lewis.

Get over it Hate, you aren't getting a Ray Lewis. T2 Mike is used for coverage and Ruud is good in pass coverage.

lowlife

Starter
#11 : September 24, 2010, 09:47:01 PM

This isn't the Tampa 2 anymore and he played terrible in Carolina.

Doug

Second String

#12 : September 24, 2010, 09:49:52 PM

lowlife wrote:

Yep, besides blowing up the FB in the backfield (a block, he wasn't even the ball carrier), he wasn't good.

liambowls

Second String

#13 : September 24, 2010, 09:50:17 PM

That dude looks pretty tough but give me Brian Urlacher any day.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 24, 2010, 09:56:22 PM

lowlife wrote:

Not often I agree with a lowlife.....but I do this time.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: this is the kind of intensity we need in the middle of our D « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools