Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: this is the kind of intensity we need in the middle of our D « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ironcity1176

Practice Squad

#15 : September 24, 2010, 10:22:01 PM

...or this intensity.  I was shocked that this was not a penalty.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#16 : September 24, 2010, 11:04:01 PM

We still have a TON of holes to fill.  We practically need to rebuild our entire Oline outside of Penn (Jeezus, how many premium draft picks did we waste on this oline, just to have to rebuild it again so darn soon).  We need a new MLB, a pair of safeties, and a DE.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#17 : September 24, 2010, 11:05:22 PM

NavyBuc93 wrote:
Ahh the Ruud bashfest continues...

Imagine that...Ruud has looked GOOD since the switch back to Tampa 2. He has a FF and is stopping guys at the line.

People need to quit thinking every MLB are Ray Lewis.

Get over it Hate, you aren't getting a Ray Lewis. T2 Mike is used for coverage and Ruud is good in pass coverage.

Good? Really? Ummm.....ok.

And who mentioned Ray Lewis? Certainly not I. I'd settle for a Willis, Vilma.... hell, a Hardy Nickerson or Q.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

ABuccsFan

Pro Bowler

#18 : September 24, 2010, 11:07:43 PM

NavyBuc93 wrote:
Ahh the Ruud bashfest continues...

Imagine that...Ruud has looked GOOD since the switch back to Tampa 2. He has a FF and is stopping guys at the line.

People need to quit thinking every MLB are Ray Lewis.

Get over it Hate, you aren't getting a Ray Lewis. T2 Mike is used for coverage and Ruud is good in pass coverage.
I haven't had time this week to write my blog, but in the Ugly section was going to be Ruud. I'm sorry, but he is soft as a baby's azz. When I go back and watch the game again, I will give you the time of game, but there was one play on a run Ruud met the ball carrier at the line of Scrimmage face mask to face mask, shoulder pads to shoulder pads. Rudd got lost in a sea of bodies from blockers and defenders. The ball carrier still picked up 3-4 yards and when the bodies were unpiled off each other, there was Ruud on his back hugging the ball carriers ankle. Navy, maybe you can't figure out what happened there so I will tell you......the ball carrier trucked over Ruud.

\"For a brief, shining, moment in history, a select breed truly lived free.\".....Unknown Author.

X Factor

Starter
#19 : September 24, 2010, 11:23:06 PM

lol I am having deja vu... Listen Ruud is not the problem on D, he is a good cover 2 LB. If you don't have a good Dline the LB/Secondary is going to look bad, period...

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

ABuccsFan

Pro Bowler

#20 : September 24, 2010, 11:32:41 PM

X Factor wrote:
lol I am having deja vu... Listen Ruud is not the problem on D, he is a good cover 2 LB. If you don't have a good Dline the LB/Secondary is going to look bad, period...
Nahhhh...I have been in Ruud's corner in past seasons. I am by far and away not on the Ruud hate bandwagon. But I paid close attention to him this preseason and the first 2 games, and he is soft. Too soft.

\"For a brief, shining, moment in history, a select breed truly lived free.\".....Unknown Author.

Bucstopshere5

Starter
#21 : September 25, 2010, 12:28:01 AM

he's in the 2012 draft class......

Vontaze Bufict

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 25, 2010, 12:38:32 AM

Sup BSH, its Apathy from FF.

Burfict is the best ILB prospect since Patrick Willis. Top 10 pick at worst

For next year, I like Dont'a Hightower. I'm not into Quan Sturvidant and Greg Jones anymore. Hightower in the first round would make TB fans very happy. 6'4 260 and he moves like an OLB. His elite size is just flat out jaw-dropping. If we get Hightower, teams will run AWAY from the middle. His blitzing ability is x1000 better than Ruud. The guy is just a physical beast. If we end up in the 20's in the draft, Bucs should trade up to get him IMO. He could change this defense entirely.

Hightower, Black, and Hayes? Most athletic core and perhaps the best 4-3 LB core in the NFL. Hightower WILL be a top 5 MLB in the NFL.

Doug

Second String

#23 : September 25, 2010, 12:49:19 AM

Detrimental wrote:

Sucks because we'll be picking #32 in 2012.  B)

Capt Kidd

Starter
#24 : September 25, 2010, 01:07:40 AM

The-anti-java wrote:
You must have missed the part where his team mates are all high 5ing him after the play.  Demoralized? ...........   Dude.

No I saw that immediately after the play a couple of them slapped him on the helmet to celebrate. However after the flag, they were all holding their arms in the air as if to say "Man, this is BS"

They're Raiders, they haven't been a smart defense in years. And yeah it ain't powder puff, but it ain't schoolyard either. Nobody wants a bonehead costing them 15 yds with undisciplined stupid stuff. It definitely takes the wind out of a D.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 25, 2010, 01:42:39 AM

I still say Black could be one hell of a MLB in this system. I think he could get his chance next year depending on how Dakoda Watson develops.

Bucstopshere5

Starter
#26 : September 25, 2010, 02:00:10 AM

Detrimental wrote:
Sup BSH, its Apathy from FF.

For next year, I like Dont'a Hightower. I'm not into Quan Sturvidant and Greg Jones anymore. Hightower in the first round would make TB fans very happy. 6'4 260 and he moves like an OLB. His elite size is just flat out jaw-dropping. If we get Hightower, teams will run AWAY from the middle. His blitzing ability is x1000 better than Ruud. The guy is just a physical beast. If we end up in the 20's in the draft, Bucs should trade up to get him IMO. He could change this defense entirely.

Hightower, Black, and Hayes? Most athletic core and perhaps the best 4-3 LB core in the NFL. Hightower WILL be a top 5 MLB in the NFL.

haha what's up Ap...

yeah I love me some Hightower, though he is only a JR, so not positive if he will come out. Sure hope he does though, cause like you said he is a monster

Burfict will be top 15 no doubt, straight stud

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 25, 2010, 02:14:19 AM

-ts wrote:
I still say Black could be one hell of a MLB in this system. I think he could get his chance next year depending on how Dakoda Watson develops.
He could definitely do it. He played ILB at New Mexico State at the "lobo" position. However, I just don't see it happening.

It'll take some hard work though. He'd have to learn the Mike assignments, what to audible in certain situations, and he'd have to display leadership skills. I just wouldn't do it if I was TB. I mean he JUST finally got a good understanding of his position this year and it took 2 years. There's no way he'd be ready to play MLB next year. Tough situation because Tampa has decide on weather we should go get a pass rushing DE and MLB? Which means they'd be holding off the offensive line picks for the 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounds.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 25, 2010, 09:10:23 AM

X Factor wrote:

It comes down to money. This is the last year Ruud is under contract. Does he accept a deal for Cover 2 MLB money or does he think he's worth real MLB money? Is it even worth paying a MLB more than vet minimum to just play coverage and not make any serious contributions to the running game nor pass rushing?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#29 : September 25, 2010, 09:53:51 AM

X Factor wrote:

I disagree.  I think its reasonable to expect our MLB to make a tackle when face to face shoulder to shoulder with a ball carrier, regardless of whether or not he's a T2 MLB...tackling someone right in your face mask is everyone job.  Now if 130lb Elbert Mack were to get trucked, I could understand....but our MLB, thats not acceptable.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: this is the kind of intensity we need in the middle of our D « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools