Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: this is the kind of intensity we need in the middle of our D « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

lowlife

Starter
#30 : September 25, 2010, 10:47:24 AM

Detrimental wrote:
Sup BSH, its Apathy from FF.

Burfict is the best ILB prospect since Patrick Willis. Top 10 pick at worst

For next year, I like Dont'a Hightower. I'm not into Quan Sturvidant and Greg Jones anymore. Hightower in the first round would make TB fans very happy. 6'4 260 and he moves like an OLB. His elite size is just flat out jaw-dropping. If we get Hightower, teams will run AWAY from the middle. His blitzing ability is x1000 better than Ruud. The guy is just a physical beast. If we end up in the 20's in the draft, Bucs should trade up to get him IMO. He could change this defense entirely.

Hightower, Black, and Hayes? Most athletic core and perhaps the best 4-3 LB core in the NFL. Hightower WILL be a top 5 MLB in the NFL.

Burfict is a very, very good prospect. Teo and Kuechly will be there for the picking after him. Very good players in their own right.

Hightower is a versatile player and can move for a 260+lb player. I just think his future is as a passrushing ILB in a 3-4. He'd be a monster there, a rich man's Brandon Spikes. He excels in that capacity. The very basic zone drops and covering the flat he can do, but I wouldn't want him manned up on a TE or a slot which happens in this defense quite a bit. He also isn't as aggressive or hustled as hard consistently as he should unlike McClain.

Greg Jones is a more agile player while not as good as a passrusher and not quite as big is equally stout against the run. Instincts are a premium with the kid. He is the unquestioned leader of that MSU team and is very smart in playing his keys and audibling out of the play. If he falls behind Sturdivant and possibly Bynes or Shepherd he'll be a steal.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: this is the kind of intensity we need in the middle of our D « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools