Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HOW OBAMA REALLY BECAME PRESIDENT... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#15 : September 22, 2010, 09:36:00 PM

BucsGuru wrote:
Klink, It's official in my book, you're a complete idiot with no sense at all.  I make a rational statement, backed up with facts right from the mouths of black Republicans, and now I'm not only a homophobic, bible toting, redneck, I'm also a racist?!  Looking forward to the day PR gets the "Blocked" button active to remove you from existence in my posts.

For the record, i have never called you a redneck ... and maybe your indignation is warranted. Someone who is just now realizing that Obama was elected, primarily, because he would be the first Black POTUS is probably not a card carrying KKK member ... and that statement may have been rational but it was poorly worded.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 22, 2010, 10:12:41 PM

spartan

Hall of Famer
#17 : September 23, 2010, 01:26:50 PM

2goodbucs wrote:
"Change" ended up being Changing Diapers because you're about to get into a very sh*tty situation. That was the "Change" he was talking about.

I'm convinced that new presidents just take the baton from previous ones and continue the marathon. Nothing changed but the person in the White House.

Change is all we are going to have left after we have finished paying:

1. Higher income taxes.
2. Higher SS Taxes.
3. Higher oil prices
4. Higher energy prices.
5. Higher goods prices due to 3+4.
6. Higher health care prices.
7. Less tax deductions.

ranman

Pro Bowler
#18 : September 23, 2010, 03:01:36 PM

same old spit thread just a different day.

I can't think of ONE candidate who could come in and govern/clean up the mess we have all built for ourselves over the past SEVERAL years.  With all that is going on - we still have a crap situation in Afghanistan.  We still have a crap situation in New Orleans and the Gulf.  We still have a crap situation with the economy.  We still have a crap situation with the rising healthcare costs.
Nothing new and nothing has really been done for SEVERAL years to change these issues.  
Skin color?  Please.  Red Yellow, Black, White, or Pink.  Wouldn't matter.

We are the problem.  Our greed is the problem.  We build more and more to keep up and can't pay for what we already had.  We buy bigger cars and can't aford the fuel they use.  We have people buying luxury items with food stamps.  We have folks with big screen TV's that can't pay for healthcare.  

We lost our common sense and replaced it with good ol fashioned greed.  Unfortunately greed could careless one's skin color or party affiliation.

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 24, 2010, 08:56:27 AM

Feel Real Good wrote:
The local, state, and federal government has been spending more than it takes in for generations. We've had bad relations with Arabs for thousands of years. Our problems are bigger than one guy who has held a position for less than two years.

That's not exatly true. All  states, except Vermont, have a legal obligation to balance their budgets in some manner.

http://www.ncsl.org/default.aspx?tabid=12660

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 24, 2010, 05:05:06 PM

ranman wrote:
same old spit thread just a different day.

I can't think of ONE candidate who could come in and govern/clean up the mess we have all built for ourselves over the past SEVERAL years.  With all that is going on - we still have a crap situation in Afghanistan.  We still have a crap situation in New Orleans and the Gulf.  We still have a crap situation with the economy.  We still have a crap situation with the rising healthcare costs.
Nothing new and nothing has really been done for SEVERAL years to change these issues.  
Skin color?  Please.  Red Yellow, Black, White, or Pink.  Wouldn't matter.

We are the problem.  Our greed is the problem.  We build more and more to keep up and can't pay for what we already had.  We buy bigger cars and can't aford the fuel they use.  We have people buying luxury items with food stamps.  We have folks with big screen TV's that can't pay for healthcare.  

We lost our common sense and replaced it with good ol fashioned greed.  Unfortunately greed could careless one's skin color or party affiliation.

I agree the current economic and moral situation isn't the fault of one man, and greed/self is certainly at the root of the majority of problems.

However, if you don't believe Obama didn't receive a majority of votes due to him being black and it's historical context, you are either not wanting to accept the truth or you aren't very smart.  Look at the original post and click on the link to just get a snip of what I'm speaking of.  A long-term black republican readily admits he changed political ties simply because Obama was black and for it's historical significance.  
This isn't a black/white issue as far as I'm concerned, it's a ignorance in voting issue.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#21 : September 24, 2010, 05:59:47 PM

BucsGuru wrote:
However, if you don't believe Obama didn't receive a majority of votes due to him being black and it's historical context, you are either not wanting to accept the truth or you aren't very smart. [/quote]

If you believe there was only one factor, race, in determining the winner of the election, then it is you that is either not wanting to accept the truth or not very smart.

The historical event of a Black President certainly played a role, but so did McCain's age, Bush's legacy, Palin's ditziness, the economy, the war in Iraq, frustration by the middle class at the RINO's spend happy ways, the disappearance of the "true Conservative Republicans", and McCain's horrific campaign (he went from "Maverick" to McSame).

it was the "Perfect Storm" for Obama, with the country sitting on the Andrea Gail.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : September 24, 2010, 10:04:16 PM

I believe I can construct a viable case that bg is "either not wanting to accept the truth" AND "not very smart"  

Just a small point...

As for his presidency becoming reality - the economy and all the tentacles of government that put gas on that fire - and excitement over having a black - or better stated - a non-white - president.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#23 : September 24, 2010, 11:38:05 PM

John,

All of those mentioned played a role, but in the end it simply came down to historical change....the numbers speak for themselves.  

Put another way, if a black man and white man were running, and the black man was more qualified, I would have no problem at all voting for the black man.  However, if there had NEVER been a white man as president before, and a white man had a legitimate chance at becoming the first to do so, with me being white I probably would have voted for him!  Why?  How awesome would that be?!

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 25, 2010, 12:53:41 AM

The economy has suffered for 2 main reasons that are mostly seperate but both blew up at the same time. One was the loss of millions of jobs due to ouitsourcing and free trade agreements. And the second is the real estate collapse.

Is Obama to blame for this mess? No. Is Bush to blame? No. If you want to blame someone, it would actually be Clinton, Regan, Bush I, and Carter that got the ball rolling on this mess. Bush II ignored it. And Obama is only making it worse. You can also blame Chris Dodd and Barney Frank. Two congressmen that should be in jail.

The problem with America right now is also cultural. We have an entitlement culture. We believe everyone should own a house. Everyone should drive a nice car. Everyone should have a big screen TV. Everyone should have health insurance. Everyone should have a college degree. etc, etc, etc, etc... The majority of people can't afford these things. So we rely on loans to make up the difference.

This is not the case in much of the world. In America, we push our kids out at age 18 and usually they can't wait to get out. Now pushing the kids out into the world wasnt a big deal 30+ years ago because most kids didnt go to college. They got a job as a teen, saved money, bought an old beat-up car, and climbed the corporate ladder, and that's how they started out. Today, kids are racking up debt reaching into the hundreds of thousands of dollars. The average college grad (4-yr degree) has $40,000 debt when he/she graduates. And now there are no jobs when they graduate. All the entry level jobs are being scooped up by the older workers who got laid off.

And there are many other contributing factors...so many this post would would go countless pages long to name them all. But this country has a lot of problems. And either the country grows up as a society and understands what is wrong, or the whole thing is just going to collapse. I mean we do not have enough money right now to operate the social programs that we have. Social Security is going to crash by 2035. Medicare wont be far behind. Our savings and investments are going to be worthless in about 20 years with the rate that the Fed is printing monopoly money.

If America is going to survive this, it's not going to be pretty. We are going to have to swallow some tough pills. If we don't swallow them, the country, as we know it, probably wont survive past 2050.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 25, 2010, 09:46:57 AM

Great post, Cyber. When some 70% of the American population is in debt, doesn't it make sense their government would be in debt, too? After all, we are a government of the people. I'd add it's not just social programs that cost money. We can't afford to police the rest of the world anymore, either.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HOW OBAMA REALLY BECAME PRESIDENT... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools