Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So when is McCoy going to get his first sack? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

lowlife

Starter

#15 : September 26, 2010, 08:41:54 PM

Had a few pressures, thought he was going to drag Batch down on a play but he got the ball off

burger40

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 26, 2010, 10:51:39 PM

cyberdude558 wrote:
Suh: 12 tackles, 2 sacks
McCoy: 5 tackles, 0 sacks

2 names: Corey Williams & Kyle Vanden Bosch. They can't afford to pay a ton of attention to Suh when Williams and KVB are both beasts in their own right. who do we have... Stylez White and 2 other very young DT who have yet to draw away attention.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

Gobucs991940

Second String
#17 : September 26, 2010, 11:14:59 PM

So when are fans going to stop panicking and let a 22-year-old develop?

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#18 : September 26, 2010, 11:23:47 PM

If he couldn't get Delhomme, Matt Moore, or Jimmy Clausen...then I don't think he'll get a sack. He was basically nonexistent in the last 2 games, other than the nice play where Black sacked the QB.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 26, 2010, 11:47:34 PM

Condor Bastadon wrote:
He was basically nonexistent in the last 2 games

You don't watch the games very closely do you?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 27, 2010, 12:25:01 AM

If he is getting triple teamed (which he is not) then Price, Miller, and Crowder would be getting pressure. They can't be that bad.

I think Price and McCoy will continue to struggle but be better next year. What we really need is a pass rushing RE and some better LBs.

I keep getting ripped on for mentioning, but is it not atleast worth it to bring Micah Johnson onto our practice squad to see if he developes? He was great in college and a 1st round prospect at one point. Then he injnured his MCL and ran a 4.9 40 at the combine and his stock plummeted. We only have 52 guys on our roster at the moment. I gotta believe it's worth a shot to bring him in for a few weeks and see how he looks. Our LBs are soft. Especially Ruud. Micah couldn't help now, but if he worked out he could be part of our future. We only have so many draft picks next year.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 27, 2010, 12:45:47 AM

Naw, I get your logic behind it. Ruud is softer than charmin. At this point though its just unrealistic to bring a guy in and expect him to learn the system and get enough reps to unseat Ruud the following season. I hate to say it but we are stuck with Ruud for 1 more season.

Gotta get a physical force in the middle. I'm sorta upset now we couldn't get Spikes in round 3 and had to settle for Myron injury report Lewis.

Next draft should have some physical emphasis put on it. Physical line, SS, and MLB

If we can't address the MLB position, trade for a stop gap. Ruud isn't going to settle for a 1-2 yr contract.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 27, 2010, 01:10:08 AM

Johnson is a horrible, horrible fit for this defense. He needs to be in a 3-4.

bucshot420

Starter

#23 : September 27, 2010, 03:14:56 AM

To answer your question Cyber.... In our hayday he had Warren Sapp and Booger clogging the middle(Warren took most of the double teams in the middle,booger was about useless) anyway we also had Simeon and the Crane on the outside.  When we got a good rush from the ends the QB was forced to step up in the pocket to pass where Sapp and Booger would be waiting to get the clean up sacks.   But at the same time without the double and triple teams that Sapp took it wouldn't free up the DE's to get a good rush.  So I think next year we definitely need to either draft a bigger stronger MLB or promote Hayward to roam the middle.  As well as take 1-2 DE's so really improve this defensive front 7.  Black/Watson and Hayes are very capable on the outside

yungbull

Starter
#24 : September 27, 2010, 06:13:16 AM

Apparently nobody saw Suh's first sack.  He jogged 5yds behind the QB as he went out of bounds untouched.  I agree with most that he is a manchild, but we can't keep comparing him to McCoy.  As somebody stated before, its not like we passed on Suh in the draft.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 27, 2010, 08:40:44 AM

bradentonian wrote:
Johnson is a horrible, horrible fit for this defense. He needs to be in a 3-4.

We've been running everything from a 3-4 to a 3-3-5. This isn't the 4-3 Tampa Two anymore. I'm not so sure a big thumper in the middle wouldn't work for us now. Black and Hayes have been in coverage more often than Ruud this year.

I think we need to draft a DE/OLB hybrid guy next year. We are using Crowder right now, but he isn't a great fit for that role. We need a guy that can put his hand down and be a true pass rushing RE, or step away from the line and play OLB. Crowder has been doing ok at both, but we need a real playmaker at that spot.

Then get a thumper MLB. Black, Hayes, and Watson can still roam and take on coverage responsabilities, but a big strong MLB could stay at home and stop the runs as well as blitz. I mean he has to have some coverage ability, but I think we need a guy that is first off a great leader, which Ruud is not. He needs to be very smart so he can arrange his defense before the snap and be a true "QB of the Defense" Ruud is not. He needs to set the tone for the entire defense by give 110% and being the most aggressive and physical player on the field. Ruud is not.

I wish Sean Weatherspoon and Brandon Graham were in this coming draft.... :dry:

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 27, 2010, 10:13:56 AM

I do not understand the relevance.

The Buccaneers never had an oppourtunity to draft Ndamokong Suh.?

britbuc14

Starter

#27 : September 27, 2010, 01:57:07 PM

bucshot420 wrote:
To answer your question Cyber.... In our hayday he had Warren Sapp and Booger clogging the middle(Warren took most of the double teams in the middle,booger was about useless) anyway we also had Simeon and the Crane on the outside.  When we got a good rush from the ends the QB was forced to step up in the pocket to pass where Sapp and Booger would be waiting to get the clean up sacks.   But at the same time without the double and triple teams that Sapp took it wouldn't free up the DE's to get a good rush.  So I think next year we definitely need to either draft a bigger stronger MLB or promote Hayward to roam the middle.  As well as take 1-2 DE's so really improve this defensive front 7.  Black/Watson and Hayes are very capable on the outside

what he said,

back in the day, the QB had nowhere to go so he had a choice of stepping up and being crushed or dropping back and getting bificated by Rice

Due to the Head Coaching circumstances, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned back on. We appreciate your patience.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So when is McCoy going to get his first sack? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools