Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I thought our Defense was going to be improved under Heemy « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

WelshBuc

Starter

: September 27, 2010, 05:45:04 AM

His hand picked players allowed a team who had only scored one offensive touchdown to put up 31 on them.  The new and improved Defensive Line allowed Mendenhall to average 7.5 yard per carry and 140+ yards.  Their 4th string QB threw 3 TDs.  And how many TDs did the QB he is married to score?  The only drive that led to a TD was from a QB Jon Gruden selected.

WelshBuc

Starter

#1 : September 27, 2010, 05:48:07 AM

Jim Bates would be an improvement to that.

DiSalvo

Starter

#2 : September 27, 2010, 07:33:31 AM

Don't make fun of the kool-aid drinkers just because they thought a mental midget like Raheem could be a defensive genius.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 27, 2010, 08:28:18 AM

I thought we were going to get an ignore button.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 27, 2010, 08:37:14 AM

As much as we struggled yesterday, we have still only allowed 3 points in the second half of our first 3 games. I'm sure you have some cool guy reason for that not being impressive, but I think it's promising.

Our defense sure did look bad yesterday though. I'm sure "fans" like Jave had a huge smile on thier face watching the Bucs get embarrassed. Awesome fanbase we have.

bucshot420

Starter

#5 : September 27, 2010, 11:03:28 AM

I agree Double.  Problem is all the transplants from other states.  I was driving here in Sarasota a few mins ago and saw a business with a black limo parked with a giant yellow decal that said go steelers on it.  Made me want to vomit.  Hell even my GF said to me last night why would you want to watch them when they have a game like they played yesterday.  It never ceases to amaze me how little people understand what it means to be a fan and to root for YOUR team regardless.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 27, 2010, 11:13:34 AM

Isn't it funny how these fans only appear after losses?

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 27, 2010, 11:30:37 AM

Feel Real Good wrote:
I thought we were going to get an ignore button.

I can't wait. I am going to start by ignoring myself.

Seriously though, that will be an epic moment in PR Forum history.

WelshBuc

Starter

#8 : September 27, 2010, 04:23:37 PM

"Tell Peter King we already got our two wins.  We're all done."

Race to 2 is complete.

GOBUCS09

Rookie

#9 : September 27, 2010, 07:12:34 PM

shut up raw go kill urself clearly u didnt see us stop stuart and deagelo  and clearly u like to come out of the closet when we loose

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 27, 2010, 07:18:11 PM

This was a good test for this young Buccaneer team.

We still have a better defense than 5-6 playoff contenders (depends if you consider Houston a playoff contender)

The Steelers have a mauling offensive line and an elite runningback and this team is not ready to run with the big dogs.

We are getting there and a wake up call like this right before the bye might be just what the doctor ordered.

The Bengals are going to bring the exact same recipe in week five.

Lets see if this young team can learn from their mistakes and grow.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#11 : September 27, 2010, 07:25:07 PM

Yes, things are getting very loose.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#12 : September 27, 2010, 07:31:58 PM

SunnyD wrote:
This was a good test for this young Buccaneer team.

And what grade would you give them?   I think F.

Those young whipper snappers tried though.

WelshBuc

Starter

#13 : September 27, 2010, 07:47:13 PM

Well that's all that matters.  I hope Raw took them to Shakeys for pizza afterwards.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 27, 2010, 08:32:59 PM

It's hard to say how they graded out.

I've rewatched each play twice now and besides getting torched orginally, Cody Grimm played decently in coverage.

He however was missing tackles like a madmen but that is nothing new since Tanard Jackson nearly lead the NFL in missed tackles last year.

I'd give him a C.

Kyle Moore is simply awful. F. I don't have to explain myself.

Quincy Black and Geno Hayes seemed to be asked to fall back in coverage on nearly every play instead of blitzing with any regularity.

I'd give them C+.

The Hines Ward touchdown was 100% on Ruud. He lost Ward behind him. Ruud is not a good MLB and needs to be replaced. His best fit might be as "TED" linebacker in a 3-4 scheme where he will be asked to cover the TE and not really be expected to make splash plays.

Brian Price got solid penetration on several plays. However, his achiless heel reared it's ugly head as he seemed to always go to the ground.

I'd give him a B-

Gerald McCoy was enveloped by double teams and even TRIPLE teams and a couple of occassions.
Thats not an excuse however as he is going to face that for much of his career and will have to learn and grow in order to have the ability to beat these double teams. With that said, if he is indeed requiring double and even triple teams to be blocked it's up to our defensive ends to pressure the QB. (see kyle moore's grade, It's time to replace him)
I'd give him a C

Mike Williams was solid as usual. Teams are starting to zero in on him however because it really seems like K2 isn't getting great seperation and Sammie Stroughter should not be an every down WR in this league. I'd give him an A because he was tenacious and many of his blocks but the fumble was costly and always a huge negative when I grade people out so I'm going to knock him down to a B.

Benn showed up today and impressed me by catching balls at their highest point and also showing tenacity on his blocks.
B-

I think our young guys played decent...over all grade? probably close to a C+, B-.

Many decent and good efforts were rendered useless by terrible performances by vetereans Ruud, Penn, Vincent, Carnell, and Gilmore.

I'd suggest buying NFL field pass online so you can get the game rewinds. Allows you to focus in on specific players each time through and truely get a feel for how they performed in a game.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I thought our Defense was going to be improved under Heemy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools