Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I thought our Defense was going to be improved under Heemy « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 09, 2010, 08:18:03 PM

Jim Bates would be an improvement to that.

Don't make fun of the kool-aid drinkers just because they thought a mental midget like Raheem could be a defensive genius.

Good call, slapnuts.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 09, 2010, 08:27:02 PM

some of these posters deserve a public flogging!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

DiSalvo

Starter

#17 : December 09, 2010, 09:04:12 PM

Jim Bates would be an improvement to that.

Don't make fun of the kool-aid drinkers just because they thought a mental midget like Raheem could be a defensive genius.

Good call, slapnuts.

I missed it ....Rah is a defensive genius now ???  .....could've fooled every winning team we've faced all year.  :P

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 09, 2010, 10:04:53 PM

Let's see what Rah has done with this defense that is made up of average vets, rookies, and practice squad guys....

7th in the league against the pass

Climbed from 32nd to 26th against the run in the past 6 games. Looking at rushing yards allowed over just the last six games, we are 6th.

One shutout

Six 2nd half shutouts.

The least amount of 2nd half points allowed by any defense in the league.

Tied for 2nd in the NFL with 18 Ints.

Tied for 16th in TDs allowed.

14th in total points allowed and points allowed per game.

Seems pretty impressive to me. Especially when you consider they are improving every week.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 09, 2010, 10:22:38 PM

One of many reasons why no one takes DiSalvo seriously. I guarantee you the number of defensive coordinators who could have this squad even remotely competitive could be counted on one hand, especially with all the shuffling the D-line and secondary has gone through. And to have allowed less points in the second half than any other team in the NFL? If they give out an award for defensive coordinator of the year, Morris should be the unanimous winner.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 09, 2010, 10:42:55 PM

Let's see what Rah has done with this defense that is made up of average vets, rookies, and practice squad guys....

Climbed from 32nd to 26th against the run in the past 6 games. Looking at rushing yards allowed over just the last six games, we are 6th.

One shutout

Six 2nd half shutouts.

Seems pretty impressive to me. Especially when you consider they are improving every week.

Why do you bother? The guy is a **CENSORED**bag and most everyone knows it.  Good stuff though..

DiSalvo

Starter

#21 : December 10, 2010, 07:58:06 AM

LOL @ the fact that simply saying Rah is not a "genius" makes YOU the moron to a few of the kool-aid drinkers.

Being 26th in the run also being used as an example of that genius ....bwahahahahahaha!!!

You guys are good for endless laughs.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 10, 2010, 08:53:14 AM

Just for the record folks, I was just generally responding to the title of this thread since it was brought back up, not to DiSalvo personally. I actually have him blocked, so I don't even know what his dumb ass said! lol

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#23 : December 10, 2010, 11:36:13 AM

LOL @ the fact that simply saying Rah is not a "genius" makes YOU the moron to a few of the kool-aid drinkers.

Being 26th in the run also being used as an example of that genius ....bwahahahahahaha!!!

You guys are good for endless laughs.
Too bad the so called "Kool-aid" drinkers were right about this season and you and the rest of the cronies are wrong, were wrong, and will continue to be WRONG. Looks like you are the mental midget.

DiSalvo

Starter

#24 : December 10, 2010, 01:01:56 PM

Qoutes , straight from the mouth of the boy genius:

AlstottUpTheGut

Starter

#25 : December 10, 2010, 01:44:17 PM

To say that our defense has not improved makes you blind and ignorant. The stats show it. And, assuming you even watch games at all, the change is evident, despite all the injuries.

1. Donald
2. Bridgewater
3. Landry
5. Abbrederis
6. Lyerla

DiSalvo

Starter

#26 : December 10, 2010, 01:50:41 PM

To say that our defense has not improved makes you blind and ignorant. The stats show it. And, assuming you even watch games at all, the change is evident, despite all the injuries.

Show me where I ever said that.

As far as I can tell, the only qoute of me is one where I'm mocking people that say Rah is a "genius". Moving from 32nd to 26th does not a "genius" make . Sorry.

AlstottUpTheGut

Starter

#27 : December 10, 2010, 02:04:41 PM

As far as I can tell, the only qoute of me is one where I'm mocking people that say Rah is a "genius". Moving from 32nd to 26th does not a "genius" make . Sorry.

Not talking to you specifically, but to the message of the thread.

Also, while he may not be a genius, he is definitely making strides with a team that doesn't have all that much talent, and almost no experience. There is no denying that.

I also find it convenient that you use one stat but left out all the others that were posted above that show the progress of this defense under Raheem.

One shutout

Six 2nd half shutouts.

Seems impressive to me too.

1. Donald
2. Bridgewater
3. Landry
5. Abbrederis
6. Lyerla

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 10, 2010, 02:08:10 PM

Just because the change didn't coincide with week 1 doesn't mean it's any less impressive. In the last 3 games the Bucs have allowed an average of 83 rushing yards and the last 6 games they've allowed 99 rushing yards.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 10, 2010, 02:26:39 PM

Who said that he was a genius? Mind pointing that out to me?

Hes def no defensive Guru or genius but hes also still in his second year of being HC. He wasnt even a DC for a couple of weeks when he got promoted to HC. I understand why people doubt him because of his experience but you have to admit that he improved this year over last year and improved this season as it has gone along. Its not at all a finished product with him or the whole team.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I thought our Defense was going to be improved under Heemy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools