Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I was hoping to see some leadership from Freeman, Will us to victory. Oh well « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Booker

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 28, 2010, 02:02:44 PM

Why is it crazy to think Freeman will be a top ten QB?

Booker

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 28, 2010, 02:04:41 PM

Also love Leaving out Rodgers yet Vick is top ten after two games and you are making fun of someone else? Not better than Rudy either? Gtfo

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#32 : September 28, 2010, 02:25:39 PM

Booker wrote:
Also love Leaving out Rodgers yet Vick is top ten after two games and you are making fun of someone else? Not better than Rudy either? Gtfo

thank you for proving my point, now there are 11

and ii evenntion Cutler or Charlie batch....lol

jbear

Pro Bowler

#33 : September 28, 2010, 02:27:53 PM

Real men don't resort to such knee jerk reacations.  Anybody who knows even the basics could watch that game and come away knowing Josh Freeman didn't lose that game, you might even say he played fairly well.  Our defense let us down big time.  If the game hadn't gotten out of hand the game would have been much different.  Before Pitsburg got up big we moved the ball pretty well considering that their defense actually is legit.  The whole dynamic of the game had changed by mid second quarter and we were forced to go back to the ineffective Carnell Williams becuase Blount was not up to speed on the pass protections etc.  

Some of you need to study up on the game some more.  If you're defense can't stop anybody and you're getting blown out it completely changes not only how you're offense is called but also how the defense is going to aproach you're offense.  If we'd have been able to keep blount in the game possibly we'd have been able to make the Steelers respect our run game and open up some passing lanes but having no running game and a huge lead allowed the Steelers to tee off on Freeman every time he dropped back.  

All things considered, I think the defense was terrible, the running game was ineffective, and our QB was above average.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#34 : September 28, 2010, 02:35:13 PM

Nice edit captain.  All I'll say is that anybody who thinks Freeman played a horrible football game is a moron.  There are at least 40 other guys on that sideline who played worse.  He was one of the brighter spots on a miserable day.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 28, 2010, 02:36:24 PM

Capt_Chaos wrote:
Booker wrote:

thank you for proving my point, now there are 11

and ii evenntion Cutler or Charlie batch....lol

You means as of right now there are guys better than Freeman? No crap, he didn't say that's. He said he will be. Big difference there. I know its hard to understand what will means and that it means in the future, but hey.

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#36 : September 28, 2010, 02:40:03 PM

its not hard for the defense to be blamed, i mean afterall they were on the field all day,  but  lets not say freeman played above average......he's lucky he didnt throw 5 picks.....the guy lead us to 3 points......the first field goal was from the Talib int that was in field goal range from the start......if you think a qb leading us to 3 points is above average then you need to follow another sport sir.....

Booker

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 28, 2010, 02:43:25 PM

He lead us to 6 where as your top ten Ryan led the Falcons to 9. So which is it?

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#38 : September 28, 2010, 02:48:14 PM

..i do believe 9 is more than 6, so that would make Ryan better correct?  thank you for validating my point

jbear

Pro Bowler

#39 : September 28, 2010, 02:50:46 PM

We obviously didn't watch the same game sir.  I'm by no means one of the posters who's always cheerleading everything.  I say he played slightly above average considering all the variables. He played better than Vince Young or Matt Ryan did against that defense.  He completed over 60% of his passes and was responsible (not even) for only 1 turnover.  Considering expectations of anyone who knows football before the game, he exceeded expectations.  Pat Kirwain said he's have at least 2 or 3 fumbles and get sacked a ton... You should rethink everything you've said its not sounding really informed.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 28, 2010, 02:55:02 PM

Lol now 3 more points is big even though Sammie dropped that pass for an INT in FG range. You fail at this.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 28, 2010, 03:02:14 PM

Capt_Chaos has the grammar of a 3rd grader, can we really expect him to form a logical argument?

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#42 : September 28, 2010, 03:09:47 PM

so you went from  "and our QB was above average"  to  "I say he played slightly above average considering all the variables."  completely different statements.   his average completed pass was within 5 yards.....the guy throws quick screens and slants and the recievers have to make all the effort to turn the play into possitive yards because his accuracy is crap.... 1st drive 3 and out field goal that he deserves 0 credit for, second drive first throw hits a linebackers hands , 3 drive overthrows pass and Ike Taylor drops int.....the reason freeman didnt have 3 fumbles is becasue he rather just throw it  with no regaurd to where it lands.....we can do this all day, i have the game on dvr and im watching it now...he sucks.. i love how people try to make him the innocent puppy.... he's a pouting cry baby on the side lines when he plays like crap, he doenst lead this team, he sits by himself and acts like a child, there is no fire in him...the guys stinks, when he's on the field i cheer for him, but when i get home and review the tape like i do every game its obvious how  sad he truly is

Booker

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 28, 2010, 03:12:38 PM

LOL.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#44 : September 28, 2010, 03:13:25 PM

How did you DVR a blacked out game?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I was hoping to see some leadership from Freeman, Will us to victory. Oh well « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools