Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You're telling me I'm gonna have to listen to 2 weeks of this whining? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

: September 27, 2010, 11:35:02 AM

I wasn't even worried about losing to the Steelers as much as I was losing to them and having to listen to you people cry for 2 weeks instead of just one.

Look... not all bad can be taken from yesterday.

Grimm was in position to make that play.... If he turns around, at the very least, it's an incomplete pass. Chalk it up to inexperience.

A ball bounces off Talib's hands and into Wallace's for a TD. How many times has Talib dropped a pick like that? I can't think of more than 1. Things like that happen sometimes.

Mike Williams fumbles while getting slung to the ground. Oh NO! A rookie fumbled while trying to make something happen! The ball just happens to fly right into the corner's hands... instead of maybe going the other way and just dribbling out of bounds. Another incident that just... happened.

Late in the game when it was already out of reach, Stroughter has one bounce off his hands and it's returned for a TD... It happens.

MY point is... games like this happen. This one could have been a lot closer. We put together a 75 yard drive on a defense that wasn't allowing ANYTHING the first 2 weeks. We found (maybe) a special runner in L. Blount. Williams almost took a quick slant to the house. Rejus Benn finally showed up and guess what? He actually looked strong on the ball.

Don't worry folks. It's one terrible game. It's a long season. If you want to go ahead and write it in now, then do it... but I'm not overly concerned. The Steelers will be one of the toughest teams we play, and when you look at the game, it could have been a lot closer than what it was. These games happen... just please don't litter the boards with your cry baby threads for the next two weeks.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 27, 2010, 11:49:57 AM

Well said BB.

Those type of games are going to happen to this young team when playing a vet team like
Pitt.  

I'm 'glad' it happened now.  Going to be interesting to see how this young team responds/adjusts.

Other stuff...

I think Bryan may have lost his job.

Blount/Huggins/Williams is a pretty sound backfield.

Benn is going to get some snaps in place of Sammy IMO.

///

This game did nothing to dissuade me that this is a .500 team.  By mid-season - they'll be clicking together well.

///

And yeah there will be two weeks worth of crap to read for certain.   No sense debating/reading the jackwagon stuff.

Go Bucs!

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 27, 2010, 12:00:35 PM

Melon- I think Sammie is just built for the slot. Put Benn on the outside and Sammie at the Y when in 3 wr sets... simple as that.

JM2

Pro Bowler

#3 : September 27, 2010, 12:06:25 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself. There is no such thing as a pretty loss. No one thought the team was going 16-0.

I kind of like that this happened now. Too much winning to start when you have so many rookies playing meaningful roles can easily give them the wrong idea about what it takes to win in the NFL. Well they've tasted the bitter gruel of defeat now. So what are they going to do? Curl up in a fetal position or hit the practice field twice as hard and progress?

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

2goodbucs

Starter
#4 : September 27, 2010, 12:15:15 PM

Bucs are tied for 1st in the NFC South Division and that is something to look forward to after the bye. Once the Bucs come out, expect Huggins and Blount to force their will on the opposing defense. Hopefully by then Cody Grimm gets better and the D produces more sacks. Take out Spurlock and replace him with Benn and the WR's are set. Offensive line needs to stop making boneheaded penalties whenever Cadillac runs for a big gain.

Other than that, we have two more Sundays to come out with a "take no prisoners" attitude. Here's to 3-1!!

WelshBuc

Starter

#5 : September 27, 2010, 04:58:18 PM

Some true Buc fans right here.  Trying to talk themselves into validating that horrendous performance.

X Factor

Starter
#6 : September 27, 2010, 05:15:15 PM

2 weeks of the "sky is falling" is really not that long considering we just had a whole off season of it.. Quite annoying tho..

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#7 : September 27, 2010, 05:29:36 PM

It must have just killed the negative nancies to actually not be able to post some bs the previous 2 weeks. I figure they were all pent up with frustration over us winning that the vitriol will be extra strong this loss. God I hope we put together another 2-3 game wining streak.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 27, 2010, 05:36:58 PM

A lot of the whining is just trolls taking up the opportunity to troll. The team lost so its the perfect time for it. The good thing is that you dont have to take it seriously. The team is rebuilding right now and its going to take a while. So the best move is patience and keep cheering for your team. Screw the haters.

GOBUCS09

Rookie

#9 : September 27, 2010, 05:39:17 PM

you guys are right when we win everyone is quiet but the ignorant as**s keep complain oh they were team that my high school could beat blah blah blah but when we loose everyone SHOWS UP......i havent seen java tho i hope it stays that way

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#10 : September 27, 2010, 07:02:54 PM

BerubesBucs wrote:
just please don't litter the boards with your cry baby threads for the next two weeks.

Is it because you need the space for your cry baby threads, such as this one?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

WelshBuc

Starter

#11 : September 27, 2010, 07:05:08 PM

I plan on doing this at least 12 more times this season Lol!

GOBUCS09

Rookie

#12 : September 27, 2010, 08:42:36 PM

raw ur annoying u have no life go take ur fat self and chug a beer or something

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#13 : September 27, 2010, 09:48:15 PM

GOBUCS09 wrote:
chug a beer or something

Can't you see his sig? That's what he's getting ready to do...

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#14 : September 27, 2010, 11:37:44 PM

BerubesBucs wrote:
I wasn't even worried about losing to the Steelers as much as I was losing to them and having to listen to you people cry for 2 weeks instead of just one.

Keep it up and we'll make it 3.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You're telling me I'm gonna have to listen to 2 weeks of this whining? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools