Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Week 5 CFB thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

: September 30, 2010, 12:38:14 AM

Biggest week so far!

Red River shootout... 2 overrated teams going at it.
Bama/Florida... please tell me gator fans you have a chance. I want you guys so bad!
Oregon/Stanford... probably decides the pac-10. IMO biggest game in years and it feels like it around here.
also have Utep/New Mexico... Im 4-0 betting AGAINST New Mexico lets make it 5-0 utep!

Can someone give me a run down on what Florida needs to do to win?

My run down on the red river shootout... 2 overrated teams going at it.

My run down on Stanford/Oregon... number 1 red zone offense (Stanford) vs the number 1 red zone defense... if Stanford settles for FG's Oregon wins. If Oregon plays like they did vs ASU they lose. What Oregon has going for them... Stanford doesnt have the best LB in the country and the speed of ASU defense. Stanford this year also doesnt have a bye before Oregon. Oregon does have a home crowd thats had to watch New Mexico and Portland State and are ready to go off.  I give a slight lean to Oregon since its at home but I can easily see Stanford winning this just because their style of play is what Oregon cant stop defensively.

should be the best week so far

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 30, 2010, 09:54:23 AM

Bottom line for Florida, is they need to keep the playbook open like they did last week.  Take some shots downfield to open up Alabama's defense.  I don't expect Florida to win, but I'd like to see them stay close.

I hate the FLA/ALA game and STAN/ORE game is at the same time.  I really wanted to watch both of those.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 30, 2010, 03:24:20 PM

Sounds good! Ya I'll be at the Oregon game
sucks I won't see the bama game or many games this week.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 30, 2010, 06:48:39 PM

Biggs3535 wrote:
Bottom line for Florida, is they need to keep the playbook open like they did last week.  Take some shots downfield to open up Alabama's defense.  I don't expect Florida to win, but I'd like to see them stay close.

Open up the play book=yes, but the WRs need to catch the damn ball. I haven't seen a UF receiving corp with so many drops since Galen Hall was coach.

Florida also needs to be very tight up front. The DL and LBs have to keep Ingram and Richardson short of the secondary, if those guys get open space, it is over. Got to limit the run and force McElroy to try to pass against the best secondary in the country. We will need to score on D to keep up with Bama.

Also, Florida cannot afford Center/QB issues. Against UT and KY those caused sacks, against Bama they'll be turnovers or worse, scoop and scores.

I hate the FLA/ALA game and STAN/ORE game is at the same time.  I really wanted to watch both of those.

Yeah that really sucks rocks. I'll be flipping a lot during commercials.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 02, 2010, 01:52:37 PM

Terrell Pryor is so friggin' overrated.  Yeah he's big and athletic, but he can't throw the damn ball.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 02, 2010, 06:23:23 PM

Michigan keeps struggling against below average teams again.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#6 : October 02, 2010, 07:08:35 PM

Horrible football this afternoon... there are some really bad ranked teams.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 02, 2010, 08:23:17 PM

Florida at Bama: probably the 2 best/most talented Ds.

First drive, UF is fiercely committed to stopping the run. gives up a lot of underneath passes which leads to a Bama FG.

UF's place kicker is out, punter Chas Henry will be handling FGs and XPs.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 02, 2010, 08:40:35 PM

stupid call by UF on 4th and goal at the 1. They run it and get 7 or Bama backed up. The failed jump pass gives bama the ball at the 20.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 02, 2010, 09:10:41 PM

Florida v Bama=ugly
Ore v Stanford=uglier

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 02, 2010, 09:16:07 PM

for the 2nd time in 10 months, Saban is coaching Meyer's socks off.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 02, 2010, 09:34:19 PM

Oregon vs Stanford is a much better game now

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 02, 2010, 09:57:47 PM

John Galt? wrote:
stupid call by UF on 4th and goal at the 1. They run it and get 7 or Bama backed up. The failed jump pass gives bama the ball at the 20.

They should have run that play on 3rd down.  They ran the same exact play on 2nd (with yet another crappy snap) and 3rd down, which got squat.

I didn't mind going for it on 4th, but the 3rd down playcall was bad which led to a bad 4th down playcall.

John Galt? wrote:
for the 2nd time in 10 months, Saban is coaching Meyer's socks off.

Agreed.  Addazio even moreso.  I don't know who was calling the plays on that first drive when they moved the ball right down the field, but it sure wasn't the same guy who called the offensive plays the rest of the game.  He's so friggin' predictable.

I have no idea why Addazio is still the OC and Pouncey is still the Center.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 02, 2010, 10:21:22 PM

Is it too late for the www.fireronzook.com guys to start a www.fire_steveaddazio.com?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 02, 2010, 10:30:12 PM

John Galt? wrote:
Is it too late for the www.fireronzook.com guys to start a www.fire_steveaddazio.com?

They are way ahead of you, brother...

http://www.firesteveaddazio.com/

He's just not creative enough, and his OL isn't performing up to snuff.  And I think he and Meyer should share the blame for Pouncey staying at Center and not adjusting the offense around Brantley.  Those dive/spread plays do nothing (against a good team) without the threat of the QB keeping the ball.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Week 5 CFB thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools